[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm having some problems getting static AI to use certain weapon sets.

I would like one group to just use assaultrifles, so I found it was called "ai_wep_assault". I tried using that or just "assault" and they just spawn in with no weapons. Then I found that the case is set to 0 so I tried that also out of desperation. I also tried setting up my own custom set in the config then added this to static spawns:  case "cqc" : {_aiweapon = ai_wep_cqc;};

Still no luck. I can change the random mission weapons, but the static just seem to ignore the config. Anyone get this working?

Please post your static mission file.

Do you know if it's possible with 2.05 and Overpoch 1.0.5.1 (and overwatch 0.25) to either add in Overwatch weapons to the loot crates, or even to the AI at events?  I'd like to know before I try and add it and break my server.  Thanks.

Yes this is perfectly possible. I think somebody already started with this a few posts back.

How add config that AI have rpg  but they lose it after dead. So players cant drive with btr and kill them from vehiclem. In oldest wai i have config for RPG

Right now it is not possible to remove RPG's on death. You can however add them to the weapon arrays in config.cfg to make AI spawn with them. 2.1.0. should remove necessity of RPG launchers cause of it's improved minefield which detonates at any vehicle driving over.

Also be good if u can write what mean all of RANDOM config here:

//Troops
	_rndnum = round (random 3) + 5;
	[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],_rndnum,"hard","Random",4,"Random","Random","Random",true] call spawn_group;
	[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],5,"hard","Random",4,"Random","Random","Random",true] call spawn_group;
	[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],5,"Random","Random",4,"Random","Random","Random",true] call spawn_group;
	[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],5,"Random","Random",4,"Random","Random","Random",true] call spawn_group;

//Turrets
	[[[(_position select 0) + 5, (_position select 1) + 10, 0],[(_position select 0) - 5, (_position select 1) - 10, 0],[(_position select 0) - 5, (_position select 1) - 15, 0]],"M2StaticMG","easy","Random",1,2,"Random","Random",true] call spawn_static;

//Heli Para Drop
	[[(_position select 0),(_position select 1),0],[0,0,0],400,"BAF_Merlin_HC3_D",10,"Random","Random",4,"Random","Random","Random",false] spawn heli_para;

I want to edit something but dont know what each RANDOM means

For the new version we have released a example file with further explanation.

For 2.0.5. i think it goes like this.

• Position
  • Unit Count
  • Unit Skill ("Easy","Medium","Hard","Extreme" or "Random")
  • Gun (0:ai_wep_assault 1:ai_wep_machine 2:ai_wep_sniper or "Random")
  • Magazine Count
  • Backpack ("Random" or "classname")
  • Skin ("Hero","Bandit","Random" or "classname")
  • Gear (0:ai_gear0, 1:ai_gear1 or "Random")

Seems like adding this wicked ai to my server courses lag when next to mission even take 30 minutes to start mission (even tho it is set to run every 10 - 15 minutes) 

WAI work fine on my server tho 

Could it be the script or my server 

Is it more load or less then previous WAI

im 80% sure its the wai_server_fps

I set it to 0 but still no starting :/

Seems like adding this wicked ai to my server courses lag when next to mission even take 30 minutes to start mission (even tho it is set to run every 10 - 15 minutes) 

WAI work fine on my server tho 

Could it be the script or my server 

Is it more load or less then previous WAI

im 80% sure its the wai_server_fps

I set it to 0 but still no starting :/

Please post your server RPT. Looks like something else is not working then.

so, i installed this waited 1 hour, and no missions popped up on the map yet, ummmmmmmm am i doing this right???

Same as above, please post your server RPT.

How do I disable the AI's NVG?

Right now there is no option to disable. Why would you want this?

Has anyone found a way to keep the AI from going to a vehicle thats around the mission?

What do you mean exactly? Empty vehicles should pretty much be ignored by them.

Is it possible to use the WAI 0.16 style helo crash over the newer version? I prefer having the items scattered around the helo compared to the current method of the items in the box.

Hmm makes sense, I'll add this to the wish-list.

Just ran into an issue: The ural attack is not being cleared even after the ai is killed and the crated completely looted. It worked before when i started using your Wicked AI though no idea why it suddenly stopped working.

being addressed in the next update

NOTE: If you want to stop this happening until the next update change

[1] call mission_type;

to

[0] call mission_type;

in destroyed_ural.sqf and medi_camp.sqf

WICKED AI BETA 2.1.0

Unlike before we are releasing a public beta for the upcoming 2.1.0 release. Anyone willing to test out this new release on their server is free to do so but please keep in mind it doesn't have a lot of testing hours in it. Help us by reporting any bugs you find. Special thanks for Jossy for doing great work on this update, if this was an android release we'd probably have to call this one WAI 2.1.0 Orange Jossy or something (so dont like this post, but like the one above). We hope you guys like it and welcome any feedback.

Release BETA 2.1.0

• Bandit and hero missions
  • More missions
  • Multi mission support
  • Better markers
  • And much more

Upcoming in 2.2.0+

• C130 Missions
  • More missions
  • Dynamic loot revisited

Version history

• 26-08-2014 : BETA release (2.1.0)
  • 24-08-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.0.5)
  • 20-08-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.0.4)
  • 20-08-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.0.3)
  • 19-08-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.0.2)
  • 17-08-2014 : Minor bugfixes (2.0.1)
  • 17-08-2014 : Major update to (2.0.0)
  • 13-08-2014 : Added anti abuse options (1.9.3)
  • 12-08-2014 : Normalization update (1.9.2)
  • 12-08-2014 : Bugfix medi camp (1.9.1)
  • 09-08-2014 : Major dynamic update (1.9.0)
  • 03-08-2014 : Bugfix MV22 mission (1.8.2)
  • 02-08-2014 : Restructured and code cleaned (1.8.1)

Installation Instructions

• Unpack dayz_server.pbo
  • Open the download and extract the WAI folder to your dayz_server directory
  • In server_monitor.sqf find allowConnection = true; add above ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\init.sqf";
  • Repack dayz_server.pbo

Github
This project has been published on Github and development will be ongoing there. Git(hub) helps keeping things in one place. Any issues with this mod can both be posted either there or in this topic (however we'd slightly prefer over there).

Download
Wicked AI BETA 2.1.0