[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

Mayors Mission (H) - Drove up and parked out the front.  Noone firing at all.  When you run in front of the mounted machine guns and they start firing, it then seems to alert everyone.. Until then.  Noone shoots.   - After 30 mins this mission has not cleaned up the helicopter yet.

- Also the rogue mayor is standing out in plain site.  I think he should at least be inside so he can't be the first to go down and end the mission.

These are bandits.  My humanity is 6000.  Yep only the mounted guns are shooting.

I moved onto Medical Supply Camp (H) - They are all shooting at me.  It's like something is backward.  Hero's shooting at me, and bandits leaving me alone.

Looked at code on github.

I think you make some mistake ;).

"WICKED-AI / WAI / missions / bandit / presidents_mansion.sqf"

[[_position select 0,_position select 1,0],4,"Extreme","Random",4,"Random","Hero","Random","Hero",_mission] call spawn_group;

Here spawn Hero AI

And 

"WICKED-AI / WAI / missions / hero / destroyed_ural.sqf"

[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],_rndnum,"Easy","Random",4,"Random","Bandit","Random","Bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;

Here spawn Bandit AI

First Mission - Supply Truck (H) - Not one AI fired at me.  I literally ran around them, no shots fired.  I just executed them all.

We are testing out different characteristics on different AI. Where bandits tend to shoot on sight, heroes should only fire when fired upon. Pretty sure something went wrong there.

Second Mission- The President Mansion - Killed about 10 AI, then 3 Heli's arrived for para drop.  They all collided and then one of them crashed killing the president.

The one helicopter that survived the collision flew off about 800m and is just hovering there.

Thanks for the feedback. This is actually a new mission that has hardly been tested. I'll look into these issues.

Mayors Mission (H) - Drove up and parked out the front.  Noone firing at all.  When you run in front of the mounted machine guns and they start firing, it then seems to alert everyone.. Until then.  Noone shoots. 

- Also the rogue mayor is standing out in plain site.  I think he should at least be inside so he can't be the first to go down and end the mission.

These are bandits.  My humanity is 6000.  Yep only the mounted guns are shooting.

I moved onto Medical Supply Camp (H) - They are all shooting at me.  It's like something is backward.  Hero's shooting at me, and bandits leaving me alone.

See above;

NEVERMIND. Looking at wrong files. Was thinking of EMS :)

Haha okay, i was like what is he talking about :P

Looked at code on github.

I think you make some mistake ;).

"WICKED-AI / WAI / missions / bandit / presidents_mansion.sqf"

[[_position select 0,_position select 1,0],4,"Extreme","Random",4,"Random","Hero","Random","Hero",_mission] call spawn_group;

Here spawn Hero AI

And 

"WICKED-AI / WAI / missions / hero / destroyed_ural.sqf"

[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],_rndnum,"Easy","Random",4,"Random","Bandit","Random","Bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;

Here spawn Bandit AI

Right now logic is that hero missions are missions intended for hero players so you'll find bandit players there. I think we may have to switch logic cause it might be confusing.

I like what u did but like I said if they don't fire doesn't matter hero or bandit then anyone can waltz in and grab the loot.

So if u make em all Shoot on sight like your previous AI 2.0.5 that would be amazing, It's a win win anyway since they gain weapons and Lose / Gain humanity depending on faction.

Some servers actually try to make Bandit and Hero gameplay worth while with Bandit and Hero traders offer unique stuff each. 

We are testing out different characteristics on different AI. Where bandits tend to shoot on sight, heroes should only fire when fired upon. Pretty sure something went wrong there.

Something definitely isn't working as intended, I just went over the code and Hero AI are set to Green, bandits to Red, so in theory Bandits should shoot on sight and hero's should defend

The missions arent cleaning up properly.The mayors mansion is still here.  2 mounted guns showing on the map as well as the mansion.  The heli from the president mission wont go away.

I've been working on the cleanup code today, there'll be 2 more options in config for cleanupmissions and cleanuptime

I like what u did but like I said if they don't fire doesn't matter hero or bandit then anyone can waltz in and grab the loot.

So if u make em all Shoot on sight like your previous AI 2.0.5 that would be amazing, It's a win win anyway since they gain weapons and Lose / Gain humanity depending on faction.

Some servers actually try to make Bandit and Hero gameplay worth while with Bandit and Hero traders offer unique stuff each. 

This ^ 

Like if you are a hero attacking hero's then you lose humanity.  At least the supply crate is still semi secure.

I'll move this revision over to our test server for the time being and keep testing it there.  This is not ready for production quite yet.  Great work so far though guys! I am looking forward to the fixes/changes.  I understand it is BETA, but I was hoping it would be usable like 2.0.5.

Something definitely isn't working as intended, I just went over the code and Hero AI are set to Green, bandits to Red, so in theory Bandits should shoot on sight and hero's should defend

Nope i think we confused ourselves. ai_type hero actually contains bandit AI, so they should get set to RED instead of green. Think we really have to switch logic on this part.

Nope i think we confused ourselves. ai_type hero actually contains bandit AI, so they should get set to RED instead of green. Think we really have to switch logic on this part.

if that was the case the Hero's would be in bandit skins  :blink:

Valid point.

Think we can counter this by adding some kind of distance trigger where - when you get too close - the AI will engage whether or not they are Heroes. This would prevent you from simply walking up and stealing the stuff whilst still maintain bandit and hero behaviour.

Valid point.

Think we can counter this by adding some kind of distance trigger where - when you get too close - the AI will engage whether or not they are Heroes. This would prevent you from simply walking up and stealing the stuff whilst still maintain bandit and hero behaviour.

Agreed, That would be amazing. But it should be when u actually tried to loot it it triggers, Some times people hide behind the boxes dont wanna end up being shot as a hero by my own AI when I protect it from bandits.

Kind of scared about the neutral players. Will Hero AI shoot them, If not while I am the hero in it and I shoot a neutral If i end up bellow threshhold might end up being shot by AI :P

Very odd. As soon as I load this into my test server, I can't connect. I get to the "Waiting for server to start authentication" notice and it just sits there until I time out and go back to the lobby. No errors in the RPT. I disable it and I connect fine.

what's the last debug message that comes up in the server rpt?

Anything, what are the last lines of your server rpt output, does anything load, does nothing load, like just telling us no errors come up isn't going to help much, does WAI say it's loaded? do other mods load? is the RPT blank? lol

Anything, what are the last lines of your server rpt output, does anything load, does nothing load, like just telling us no errors come up isn't going to help much, does WAI say it's loaded? do other mods load? is the RPT blank? lol

I know how to read a RPT file. There are NO errors in my RPT file. Nothing indicating that WAI is loading and nothing indicating that anything is stopping the server from working. The server log indicates the server is loading fine.

I know how to read a RPT file. There are NO errors in my RPT file. Nothing indicating that WAI is loading and nothing indicating that anything is stopping the server from working. The server log indicates the server is loading fine.

sounds like an install error to me, an extra { or } will do that kind of thing