[Request] Trader option to post "Bounties" on players

Darce

I think every server has them, the players who seem more intent on giving others grief, or stalk a particular group or camps the traders and so on.

Players could post a bounty, in bullion, on his head at a trader for an amount determined by the player, 10oz gold, 1 briefcase, 20 briefcases (for a complete mongrel).

Traders would then randomly "post" information (sidechat or hint) to inform on that player's general area.  e.g. "Wannahuckaloogy has been seen approaching Stary Sobor"  Perhaps more detailed information could be passed when multiple bounties are active on the one wanted man.

On killing the player, the bounty hunter would then need to collect, from the nearest trader, whatever bounty was posted originally.  If multiple players post a bounty on the same individual, then that is what is received.

Ideally , this would write to the hive and be linked to the wanted's GUID (for the pests who log in under a different alias every time).  For those who are more into PvP than most, perhaps they will turn bounty hunter and give the farmers a break?

shitbag = person with bounty

Shitbag gets bounty, friend of shitbag kills shitbag. Friend receives bounty

* Edit, trying to explain

Shitbag's mate kills shitbag.  Kill message goes out.  Server erupts in cheers.  Shitbag#2 goes to grab Shitbag#1's gear, to give him when they get together, only it has been removed on playerdeath and is now held by trader.

Vehicle shitbag was driving while under a bounty, a purchased hummer with M2, was tagged and it is now held by the trader for collection.

Trader displays inventory of shitbag, Players who posted the bounty choose which items they take from the list.  Shitbag#2  gets money, players get shitbag's gear, Shitbag#1 has a makarov and a bandage.

Shitbag's mate kills shitbag.  Kill message goes out.  Server erupts in cheers.  Shitbag#2 goes to grab Shitbag#1's gear, to give him when they get together, only it has been removed on playerdeath and is now held by trader.

Vehicle shitbag was driving while under a bounty, a purchased hummer with M2, was tagged and it is now held by the trader for collection.

Trader displays inventory of shitbag, Players who posted the bounty choose which items they take from the list.  Shitbag#2  gets money, players get shitbag's gear, Shitbag#1 has a makarov and a bandage.

Uh huh... because after arranging for death Shitbag #1 wouldn't put all his gear and keys in a safe location or give it to his friends.

someone posts bounty on shitbag#1 - a group of 20 BanditAis spawns about 2000m away of shitbag#1 and starts hunting him?!? maybe with a ural or something to drive .. ? no reward for players, simply a group of bandits huntig shitbags ?

you would need to restrict only 1 bounty at the time to safe server performance, if 20 people post bounty at the same time ^^....

What if....

a) A player with a bounty on him required the player to "tag" the body to get the bounty.

B) The amount of money you got from killing that player was relative to how much gear they carried upon death (fully kitted = 100% bounty, fresh spawn = 1% bounty)

c) Upon tagging the body, you also hide it, so you either decide to go for the bounty, or the gear.

If the option is gear or bounty then I would just kill my friend for the bounty, tag him, take the money and profit.  Use that money to buy more gear to be "fully kitted" ( however that algorithm is supposed to work )

He respawns and we repeat the cycle.

If the option is gear or bounty then I would just kill my friend for the bounty, tag him, take the money and profit.  Use that money to buy more gear to be "fully kitted" ( however that algorithm is supposed to work )

He respawns and we repeat the cycle.

You don't get it.

Let's say there's a 50 gold bounty on you.

You spawn fresh, I kill you and tag you. I get 1% of that, which is like 1silver

On the other hand if the stuff you carry is worth a lot (say 30-40 gold's worth) I get 100% of the bounty (50 gold).

You don't get it.

Let's say there's a 50 gold bounty on you.

You spawn fresh, I kill you and tag you. I get 1% of that, which is like 1silver

On the other hand if the stuff you carry is worth a lot (say 30-40 gold's worth) I get 100% of the bounty (50 gold).

Why would I waste a clip of ammo worth 2 silver(which would be something cheap like an AKM mag not something like a sniper mag/ammo) to kill someone and get 1 silver? So the bounty is I get to keep the guy's gear? I can do that without a bounty system so what is the point of the system again?

• 1 month later...

I personally like the bandit AI thing. however, if the player is driving a MVTR or Vodnik the AI will likely never kill the player.  It would be a nice distraction to keep said shitbag off peoples back for a while.  Instead of bandits make it soldiers, have them only attack the bountied player and any who shoot at them.

I can think of one shitbag in particular we could run this experiment on on justchil's Epoch server. 

I had an idea regarding this but I don't know how difficult it would be to implement.  Instead of just a bounty system how about a bounty/hit system.  With the bounty let's just say it cost 1bc the collector would get 50 gold plus +1000 humanity. A hit would then cost 2bc (higher price for morality of the action) collector gets 50 gold and -1000 humanity.  This would be a loosing propsition for abusers.

The cost and reward can be adjusted of course, maybe even automate where so many of a particular group are killed/murdered then an automatic hit/bounty would be placed.

Any thoughts?