I can`t sell spawned vehicles

F507DMT

Question

i had this problem yestoday aswell, ill investigate later today ... its most likely just a matter of giving them an id variable and it will propperbly work again

This is correct.

_uniqueid = str(round(random 999999));
_object setVariable ["ObjectID", _uniqueid, true];
_object setVariable ["ObjectUID", _uniqueid, true];

EMS missions

i know whot they aren't in the database.

problem i cant sell my car on missions(((

i one have this problem?

If they aren't written to the database, they can't be sold, as you can only sell a vehicle if you were the last one driving it. If the vehicle isn't in the database, there's no way for the trader to know you were the last one driving it.

If they aren't written to the database, they can't be sold, as you can only sell a vehicle if you were the last one driving it. If the vehicle isn't in the database, there's no way for the trader to know you were the last one driving it.

This is false. So very false.

This is correct.

_uniqueid = str(round(random 999999));
_object setVariable ["ObjectID", _uniqueid, true];
_object setVariable ["ObjectUID", _uniqueid, true];

How so?

I already posted it like 5 posts above. They have to have a uniqueID in order to be sold now in Epoch 1.0.4.

idk if you are either oblivius or too stupid to understand, but he posted the code with the fix already.

what more do you want him to do ... fix your files aswell?

I don't have a problem with any files. My server isn't even running 1.0.4. I'm not the OP. The OP wanted to sell vehicles from missions. Those vehicles aren't written to the database so I replied that he couldn't sell them. I'm not sure what is confusing you.

I don't have a problem with any files. My server isn't even running 1.0.4. I'm not the OP. The OP wanted to sell vehicles from missions. Those vehicles aren't written to the database so I replied that he couldn't sell them. I'm not sure what is confusing you.

Because you are spreading lies. The reason you cannot sell vehicles has NOTHING to do with them not being written to the database, but how they changed vehicle IDs in 1.0.4.

Stop spreading lies :)

Because you are spreading lies. The reason you cannot sell vehicles has NOTHING to do with them not being written to the database, but how they changed vehicle IDs in 1.0.4.

Stop spreading lies :)

Using an "admin tool" spawns vehicles without them being written into the database, thus they vanish after restart. Some of the missions sytems do not write vehicles to the database, ie: EMS. The OP asked why he couldn't sell vehicles that come from missions. I don't know of any mission system that writes the mission vehicles to the database.

Not meaning to stick my head in the lions mouth, but where exactly do you think those vehicle IDs get written, hmm?

Both answers are essentially correct as far as I can see, so no need to be jumping down each others throats.

I'm not jumping down his throat, but he certainly is jumping down mine. A very aggresive person. Probably a cultural thing from whatever country he is from.

I'm not jumping down his throat, but he certainly is jumping down mine. A very aggresive person. Probably a cultural thing from whatever country he is from.

ROFL, I'm from Ohio. Been to Jersey, nothing to brag about :D

Also, you CAN sell vehicles from missions that DON'T save to the database, that's the point I am trying to get across.

Cen isn't aggresive, he's a big cuddley bear who's warn and fuzzy :p

He's also clued up about Epoch so listen to his advice, he runs multiple popular servers and i know him well :)

ROFL, I'm from Ohio. Been to Jersey, nothing to brag about :D

Also, you CAN sell vehicles from missions that DON'T save to the database, that's the point I am trying to get across.

I assumed with your hostile attitude you were having trouble translating into English and it came out wrong or was just a cultural way of acting. So how was Jersey when you visited? I've never been over there, off the coast of France.

If you re-read the OP, you'll see that he's trying to sell mission spawned vehicles but can not. He's referring to EMS, which doesn't save vehicles to the database. Lots of people have reported this since the change that requires you to be the last person to be in the driver's seat. Since the vehicle isn't saved to the database, it can be assumed that there's no way to track who was the last person in the driver's seat of that vehicle because it would make sense that information is stored in the database someplace. I haven't seen any other explanation for why they can't be sold anymore.

I assumed with your hostile attitude you were having trouble translating into English and it came out wrong or was just a cultural way of acting. So how was Jersey when you visited? I've never been over there, off the coast of France.

If you re-read the OP, you'll see that he's trying to sell mission spawned vehicles but can not. He's referring to EMS, which doesn't save vehicles to the database. Lots of people have reported this since the change that requires you to be the last person to be in the driver's seat. Since the vehicle isn't saved to the database, it can be assumed that there's no way to track who was the last person in the driver's seat of that vehicle because it would make sense that information is stored in the database someplace. I haven't seen any other explanation for why they can't be sold anymore.

Spent most of our time in point pleasant for a wedding, it wasn't bad. I can't believe they charge you to access the beach though, blew my mind.

Back on topic, I know what the OP is trying to do and I posted a fix for it.

You can sell EMS mission vehicles without them saving to the database. They changed the way vehicles are handled in 1.0.4 so you need a uniqueID assigned to the vehicle when it spawns. It doesn't matter if it's in the database or not.