[RELEASE] Build Snapping - Extended v1.6 (Updated 02/20/2014)

OtterNas3

Hello !

I Have some problems installing this mod because only i as an admin can toogle snapping.

Other admins,mods,users cannot use it except for me.. They see it but nothing happens when they click it.

Did all that It said in the first post !

1. Extract Snapping_v1.6.zip to D:\Fucking DayZ Server\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus
  2. Don`t have compiles.sqf so i did way b
  3. added this in init.sqf    call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_build\compiles.sqf";
  4. and then put #include "custom\snap_build\points.hpp" in D:\Fucking DayZ Server\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\description.ext

My description.ext

http://pastebin.com/AtGt70fw

My init.sqf

http://pastebin.com/NfN7vTsf

other mods i got is https://github.com/gregariousjb/Epoch-Admin-Tools

Please i need some help with this !

Edit: Reinstalled all mods and it works now

Can this be done to the build snapping player_build.sqf?   

_object setPosATL _location;

cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_138"),_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];

_limit = 3;

if (DZE_StaticConstructionCount > 0) then {

_limit = DZE_StaticConstructionCount;

}

to

//_tmpbuilt setPosATL _location;

cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_138"),_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];

_limit = 1;

if(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "constructioncount")) then {

_limit = 1;

};

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and also to remove plot pole?

_requireplot = DZE_requireplot;

to

_requireplot = 0;

In order to make the buld snapping  have 1 stage building and no plot pole required (Idk) im asking

Is anyone using the new Admin Tools here : 

and then finding that some of build snapping is not working ie. can't snap walls to floors anymore etc ? I am quite confused how it is now half working, i've tried altering the order in description.ext of the includes but can't think why build snap is only half working, surely it should not work at all if there was a conflict ?

I'm using latest versions of both scripts and latest epoch update 1.0.4.2

I tried also removing myself as admin on the tools but can still only snap walls to walls and not walls to floors.

I'm just wondering if there is a changelog for this script ?

I was using this in my 1.0.3.1 server with version 1.3

and i'm just wondering what the differences are between the newest versions.

Is there any way to snap ceilings to floors ? Like snap to original floor then raise to be the ceiling ?

I've noticed that some of the cinderblock walls have some gaps in them when you snap them together.

Is anyone using the new Admin Tools here : 

and then finding that some of build snapping is not working ie. can't snap walls to floors anymore etc ? I am quite confused how it is now half working, i've tried altering the order in description.ext of the includes but can't think why build snap is only half working, surely it should not work at all if there was a conflict ?

I'm using latest versions of both scripts and latest epoch update 1.0.4.2

I tried also removing myself as admin on the tools but can still only snap walls to walls and not walls to floors.

Correct me if im wrong, but snapping walls to floors is not part of this script.

Used 1.6 with Epoch Chern on my Vilayer server, LOVED it, worked fine.  Switched my server map to Epoch Panthera, recopied all mod files over, making ajustments for Panthera differences and different instance id.  "Toggle Snapping" always shows up when I go to place something, but the mousewheel button *doesn't activate* snapping, and neither does scrolling mousewheel to "Toggle Snapping" and then left-clicking.  Basically, snapping script/mod is working on the server but I can't *activate* snapping.  I did read every post, but everyone else seems to have issues with the script working at all; for me it works (option shows up), I just can't *enable* snapping.  Even tried Tinux's suggestion from his post on page 9 (using BOTH options A and B during mod install), still no luck.  Running Epoch 1.0.4.2b & Snapping 1.6.  Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it?

Used 1.6 with Epoch Chern on my Vilayer server, LOVED it, worked fine.  Switched my server map to Epoch Panthera, recopied all mod files over, making ajustments for Panthera differences and different instance id.  "Toggle Snapping" always shows up when I go to place something, but the mousewheel button *doesn't activate* snapping, and neither does scrolling mousewheel to "Toggle Snapping" and then left-clicking.  Basically, snapping script/mod is working on the server but I can't *activate* snapping.  I did read every post, but everyone else seems to have issues with the script working at all; for me it works (option shows up), I just can't *enable* snapping.  Even tried Tinux's suggestion from his post on page 9 (using BOTH options A and B during mod install), still no luck.  Running Epoch 1.0.4.2b & Snapping 1.6.  Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it?

Have you checked your RPT for errors?

That's a fn_selfaction error. check your client RPT

I've taught myself a lot of the coding/scripting and Sql database manipulation, but I'll confess I know very little about the debug everyone talks about, and about this RPT file.  I researched and found "ARMA2OASERVER.RPT" which I can access through VIlayer's control panel...is that what you guys are referring to?  I've looked at that file while the server is running, and I see calls to DZMS (which I'm running), and some errors about character face selection but nothing about building or snapping, unless that's the wrong report and I'm looking in the wrong place.

I've taught myself a lot of the coding/scripting and Sql database manipulation, but I'll confess I know very little about the debug everyone talks about, and about this RPT file.  I researched and found "ARMA2OASERVER.RPT" which I can access through VIlayer's control panel...is that what you guys are referring to?  I've looked at that file while the server is running, and I see calls to DZMS (which I'm running), and some errors about character face selection but nothing about building or snapping, unless that's the wrong report and I'm looking in the wrong place.

That is the correct file. You can also choose to download it and view it in your favorite notepad program.

Looked at every line of the RPT.  See tons of errors involving Allowed Vehicle list during random spawn placement, and a few errors for character face selection.  Nothing for any calls to fn_selfaction script, nothing under Build Snapping.  Am wondering if I need to change lines in the fn_selfactions file itself, but that's a cumbersome file.  Also, the same file (selfactions) worked fine in Epoch Chern, 1.0.4.2. before I switched maps.

Hi and thanks for the nice Script :D

but i got one Problem ...

in combination with -> [CPC] Indestructible Base Fix - PART2 ( its a fix, who let your base objects spawn immediately indestructible without the need for a restart.) works it too, but that CPC fix didnt work then :D

And i think the Problem is with the player_build.sqf, who will overwrite the changes from [CPC]s Script, because its the only thing that Part 2 from CPC will Change in the installation.

Step 6)

Around line 231 copy to look like this
        // Start Build
        _tmpbuilt = createVehicle [_classname, _location, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
        // ### [CPC] Indestructible Base Fix    
        _tmpbuilt addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
        _tmpbuilt enableSimulation false;
        // ### [CPC] Indestructible Base Fix

Save the file in its current location if not already made a copy elsewhere.

Step 7)
In your mission folder create a folder called "fixes" and place the player_build.sqf in there.

Step 8)

Edit your compiles.sqf around line 95
    player_build =                compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\player_build.sqf";

Can anyone help me? :(

I followed the installations steps here and does it all who needed at the very bottom, but when snapping is installed on my server, builded parts are not indestructble before a restart...

best regards, Lyro and thanks for helping :)

Got a weird issue here - on a server I play on, the build snapping is working perfectly. For everyone but me. I get the scroll option to toggle snapping, but when I select it, nothing happens and it prints this to my RPT file:

I've checked the file it says there is an error in, and it is no different from anyone else's.

"Building Object: MetalPanel_DZ"
"build controls"
Error in expression <ingAttachedToPlayer = false;
systemChat ("Snapping - DISABLED");
} else {
Snappi>
  Error position: <("Snapping - DISABLED");
} else {
Snappi>
  Error Missing ;
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Tavi\custom\snap_build\player_toggleSnapping.sqf, line 14
Error in expression <ingAttachedToPlayer = false;
systemChat ("Snapping - DISABLED");
} else {
Snappi>
  Error position: <("Snapping - DISABLED");
} else {
Snappi>
  Error Missing ;
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Tavi\custom\snap_build\player_toggleSnapping.sqf, line 14

hello, i saw maca post on the old snapping thread (i think) with a video of him snapping 2 walls to make a corner then snapping floors to the corner? is this not implemented in the public release versions yet? and also idk if this problem applies anymore but the version the server i play on is running (unsure of what version) when you snap 2 cinder walls to make a corner it doesn't overlap to make a square edge it only overlaps halfway or less which looks very sloppy when you look at it from the outer corner (the 270 degree side not the 90 degree inner corner) love the utility of this tho and am hoping that it will mix well with the elevator script that someone has created which would be amazing with the snapping to create smooth elevator movements.

-illiji

hello, i saw maca post on the old snapping thread (i think) with a video of him snapping 2 walls to make a corner then snapping floors to the corner? is this not implemented in the public release versions yet? and also idk if this problem applies anymore but the version the server i play on is running (unsure of what version) when you snap 2 cinder walls to make a corner it doesn't overlap to make a square edge it only overlaps halfway or less which looks very sloppy when you look at it from the outer corner (the 270 degree side not the 90 degree inner corner) love the utility of this tho and am hoping that it will mix well with the elevator script that someone has created which would be amazing with the snapping to create smooth elevator movements.

-illiji

That version hasn't been released yet and not sure it will be. I think someone said the other day that Maca has moved on to Arma 3 scripting. I've only seen that when snapping half-cinder walls together. Once upgraded, everything looks flush.