[OLD Release] Custom Chernarus Server Pack 1.2.1 - For Epoch 1.0.1.4 (Development Stopped)

Bungle

I am using this server pack and I was wondering if someone could look this over for me and tell me what I did wrong in my Sarge AI editing.

I am very new to all this and have no clue what I am doing... Anyway here is my problem. I was just at NEAF and in the cfg_grps setting I had this:

// NEAF, 2 bandit groups, 1 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,1,0],[100,80,0],[4,4,0]],"SAR_area_1_4"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

I went there to see if I did it right and instead there was 2 groups of soldiers and no bandits. I'm not sure I think this setting could be related in the config.sqf :

// maximum number of groups / grid
SAR_max_grps_bandits = 2;
SAR_max_grps_soldiers = 2;
SAR_max_grps_survivors = 2;

// chance for a group to spawn (1-100)
SAR_chance_bandits = 80;
SAR_chance_soldiers = 70;
SAR_chance_survivors = 40;

// maximum size of group (including Leader)
SAR_max_grpsize_bandits = 4;
SAR_max_grpsize_soldiers = 4;
SAR_max_grpsize_survivors = 4;

also I just got  confirmation from a player that he saw 1 group each of bandits, soldiers and survivors at NWAF and I set it the same as NEAF:
// NWAF, 2 bandit groups, 1 soldier groups, 0 survivor groups - spawn probability ba,so,su - maximum group members ba,so,su
    [["max_grps","rnd_grps","max_p_grp"],[[2,1,0],[100,80,0],[4,4,0]],"SAR_area_1_4"] call SAR_AI_mon_upd; 

There should be no survivors right? Do I need to set the max number of groups in a grid to 1 to make this work? I do have survivors spawning in other places so if I set the max groups to zero wouldn't that stop them all from spawning? Can someone tell me in noob friendly terms what I did wrong? If this is the wrong spot to post this I apologize. I figured since I was using this custom pack this was where I should post. I am not sure if this is a bug or a me being a stupid noob issue I really don't see what I did wrong and I try to exhaust all other avenues before posting Thank you in advance  

Script restrictions for towing and taking clothes should be fixed in the current pack available for download.

As for not being able to unlock vehicles.. i have not experienced this but will check it out and get back to you.

There will be hopefully a new release coming soon to add some things and update some previous features/addons.

When someone sleeps, a message popped up for everyone on the server saying that they snoring sound could not be found.

Looking into it, it looks like the problem may be that the sound is not called in the description.ext file.

I have not tested this yet but add this code at the bottom of the file and it should sort it.

class CfgSounds
{
    sounds[] = {};

class playerSnoring
    {
    name="playerSnoring";
    sound[]={\custom\sfx\snoring.ogg,0.9,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
};

OK, heres a new one.   When ST updated my server to 1.0.1.4, all the vehicles on the admin map were correct.  I waited a day or two to get the traders sorted out (thanx blindfisk) and installed the 1.2 custom server pack.  Except for a couple of small things, only 1 that I cant seem to sort out.

All the vehicles on the admin map are the ones from before the pack. My server is co-op only, (no pvp or stealing).  If someone DOES take a vehicle I need to be able to track it down. The ST admin map was great for this.  

Anyhow, is there some way to sync or update the map so that it shows the vehicles correctly since the custom server pack addition?

// maximum number of groups / grid

SAR_max_grps_bandits = 2;
SAR_max_grps_soldiers = 2;
SAR_max_grps_survivors = 2;

// chance for a group to spawn (1-100)
SAR_chance_bandits = 80;
SAR_chance_soldiers = 70;
SAR_chance_survivors = 40;

// maximum size of group (including Leader)
SAR_max_grpsize_bandits = 4;
SAR_max_grpsize_soldiers = 4;
SAR_max_grpsize_survivors = 4;

Set all of this stuff to 0 if you only want the groups you specify in the grps file to spawn.  These settings allow for AI to spawn dynamically, anywhere.  However, the dynamic setting just above these in the config.sqf should remain TRUE.

Hi Guys,

Just an update. I am looking to re-deploy this pack asap to include some new goodies and fix some old issues for version 1.3

For now I am waiting for said goodies to be completed and I will then look to update the pack.

Cheers for your patience and if you have any more issues please get them in quick (I don't get much time to play and problem solve for myself anymore.. )

I have had mixed reports of:

Taming Dogs.. BE says No..and kicks you.

Deployed Plot Polls not allowing people to remove them and after death this is means they can no longer continue to build in the same areas.

Other weird things.. 

Will be running a test version first to make sure that all the functions I can test work before deployment.

Yeah sure does my friend... everything from the dayz_code.bpo has been pre-added to the day_mission.bpo

For you guys (Previous dayz.st customer)

1. Click Advanced down the bottom of your control panel.

2. You will need to re-pack the mission folder to a pbo and call it dayz_mission.pbo (If you don't know how to do this I will include a pre-built dayz_mission.pbo in the next releases)

3. Upload the dayz_mssion.pbo and dayz_server.pbo in their respectable areas.

4. Login to your FTP with the info provided on the left hand side of your control panel.

5. Replace the BE Scripts in the latest pack with the ones in their currently. (Recommend backup of the originals on your local computer) 

6. Restart your server to apply the new changes.

Done.

Yeah sure does my friend... everything from the dayz_code.bpo has been pre-added to the day_mission.bpo

For you guys (Previous dayz.st customer)

1. Click Advanced down the bottom of your control panel.

2. You will need to re-pack the mission folder to a pbo and call it dayz_mission.pbo (If you don't know how to do this I will include a pre-built dayz_mission.pbo in the next releases)

3. Upload the dayz_mssion.pbo and dayz_server.pbo in their respectable areas.

4. Login to your FTP with the info provided on the left hand side of your control panel.

5. Replace the BE Scripts in the latest pack with the ones in their currently. (Recommend backup of the originals on your local computer) 

6. Restart your server to apply the new changes.

Done.

Cheers. Looking good then.

I have my own custom map add-ons loading so ill just edit out some of the map bits,  but this an awesome update for those of us who previously couldnt have the scripts like self blood bag and the Knock-out system. 

EDIT: Do I have have to move the dayz_code inside the missions folder before I pack it?  

Just noticed theres a dayz_code folder in the missions folder already.

Sweet work Bungle, really appreciate it. 

FYI I had to stop using this pack on my DayZ.st server as traders would no longer sell vehicles.  They'd just not appear after buying.  Couldn't track down the issue, went back to default mission and added back in self blood, auto refuel, ai and tow myself.  I'll probably try to add in the extra buildings from this pack as well.

That was a reported issue in the init file missing some code and was addressed in this thread a while back. It will be in the new pack.

DZE_TRADER_SPAWNMODE =  false;

I added this line to the init.sqf

This seemed to fix it for him..

Added probably just bellow.

dayz_maxLocalZombies = 40; // Default = 40 

In the // DayZ Epoch config Block

Cheers,

Mr B

That was a reported issue in the init file missing some code and was addressed in this thread a while back. It will be in the new pack.

This seemed to fix it for him..

Added probably just bellow.

dayz_maxLocalZombies = 40; // Default = 40 

In the // DayZ Epoch config Block

Cheers,

Mr B

Well it's working without that setting now.  And I personally hate the para-drop (has ended in one too many destroyed vehicles).  Not blaming you for the issue, I blame my host.  I'll just use bits and pieces of this.

That's the idea mostly. Some players wont like all the addins, Some will. You can chop back or copy the functions you like if your willing and able.

I am looking to make some modifications that I am hoping you all approve however I will wait until the new patch release I think.

Removal of the BTK as with R3F Combined it means too much extra cargo.

Changing Sarge AI to only Bandits and removing patrols also changing to add more loot and more weapon types.

Map Fixes and More Addons including something to do on skalisty Island..

Possible Vendors at villages "Low level Loot" and Services only.

Extra Scripts like CCTV and More..

Various Bug Fixes and updates for current scripts and BE Kick Issues