[OLD Release] Custom Chernarus Server Pack 1.2.1 - For Epoch 1.0.1.4 (Development Stopped)

Bungle

@Bungle

Nur zu Info.

Bei mir gab es Probleme mit der variables.sqf und den Traders. Wenn ich ein Auto gekauft habe war es nicht da. Ich musste erst den Server neustarten dann war das Auto da. Ich musste erst die Originale variables.sqf von 1.0.1.4 nehmen und anpassen. Dann ging es wieder.

Just for info.

For me there were problems with the variables.sqf and Traders. If I bought a car it was not there. I had to restart the server then the car was there. I had to adapt and take the originals variables.sqf of 1.0.1.4. Then it went away.

Greetings Bungle,

Firstly, thank you for your time and effort that you have put into this awesome pack.

I've installed according to your instructions, but my server displays an error stating it can't find certain mod files but finds others fine. E.g. Sarges it cant find.

So as a result my server gets stuck on "Requesting Authentication" and I hope it's due to the missing files. (Or perhaps a Battle Eye problem?)

How can I point the mods to the correct files? I'm hosting with dayz.st and the ftp path is /@bliss/addons/dayzserver

I've tried fiddling with the pbo prefixes but with no luck.

Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated as I'm new to dayz server administration.

Regards,

TG

DAYZ.ST Server Custom Pack 1.2 Instructions by Mathewjknott

Step 1: Download Custom Pack from the link above

Step 2: If you don't already have one, download a PBO viewer program and notepad++ (For these instructions i am using PBO Manager)

Step 3: Extract Custom Pack 1.2 from the .zip file

Step 4: Right click on Dayz_Server.pbo and using PBO Manager "Extract to dayz_server\". You will now have 3 folders (Battleye Files, dayz_Server & Mission Files), the PBO file can be deleted. (If you don't want to customize any files in the server pbo you can skip)

Step 5: Using notepadd++ (or any other preferred txt editor) customize any options you want to.

Step 6: Right click on the "Mission Files" folder and using PBO Manager "Pack into Mission Files.pbo"

Step 7: Rename "Mission Files.pbo" to dayz_mission.pbo

Step 8: Stop your server.

Step 9: On the dayz.st control panel, click advanced and then upload the dayz_server.pbo and dayz_mission.pbo files.

Step 10: You will need to update the Battleye filters how ever i cant remember for sure how to do it. It will prob be via ftp

Step 11: Start your server.

Step 2: If you don't already have one, download a PBO viewer program and notepad++ (For these instructions i am using PBO Manager)

Step 4: Right click on Dayz_Server.pbo and using PBO Manager "Extract to dayz_server\". You will now have 3 folders (Battleye Files, dayz_Server & Mission Files), the PBO file can be deleted. (If you don't want to customize any files in the server pbo you can skip)

Step 5: Using notepadd++ (or any other preferred txt editor) customize any options you want to.

Step 6: Right click on the "Mission Files" folder and using PBO Manager "Pack into Mission Files.pbo"

Step 9: On the dayz.st control panel, click advanced and then upload the dayz_server.pbo and dayz_mission.pbo files.

Step 10: You will need to update the Battleye filters how ever i cant remember for sure how to do it. It will prob be via ftp

I can confirm you have to update the filters via FTP 

Great writeup, I wish I had this months ago when I first started with .st! One thing I think may need to be added is the dayZ_instance =  in the init.sqf of the mission folder. Dayz.St uses different instances than the usual 11 for chernarus for example. I believe it corresponds to your DB as well, where your instance number is the same as the # found in your DB name (example: if your DB is bliss_583 than your instance would be 583 also)

This needs to be changed for dayz.st users or it won't let you load in. Otherwise, great job mathewjknott

Great writeup, I wish I had this months ago when I first started with .st! One thing I think may need to be added is the dayZ_instance =  in the init.sqf of the mission folder. Dayz.St uses different instances than the usual 11 for chernarus for example. I believe it corresponds to your DB as well, where your instance number is the same as the # found in your DB name (example: if your DB is bliss_583 than your instance would be 583 also)

This needs to be changed for dayz.st users or it won't let you load in. Otherwise, great job mathewjknott

i knew i was forgetting something when i posed it. I thought about the instance when i was writing it but then just forgot it lol

Another way to find what instance your running is to download the default pbo files from the dayz.st control panel and then have a look in the file making changes to the server pack where needed.

Ok got he pack working and done some minor tweaks but no one can open their safes now! The safe menu just doesnt load and the traders menus also dont load at all now! Any advice?

I made a mistake with the "selfactions.sqf" file - all fixed now. Excellent pack though, although some of the map updates included aren't that balanced - one of them I noticed puts high value military barracks in cherno! I've disabled most of them and included my own custom map additions. 

Incidentally our map file has had a lot of positive feedback and was designed to be very balanced and done to a high standard (no wobbly buildings or out of place structures). It  adds some additional urban buildings to bigger towns and cities, a couple of check points, three military/aid camps, several additional castles  and adds some "bare bones" fort structures scattered across the map for players to use and secure as camps. Its aimed at servers that have a lot of groups or teams on that are looking to secure areas and build team bases. 

if you are interested in checking it out i can send you a copy and if you like it I'm more than happy for it to be added to your compiled pack

Hi all, 

Want to add some hi end helis to the hero trader.  I'm not the best at coding. Can anyone explain how to do this to me ?  We're on ST and trying to add them in the php myadmin database,are we on the right track?

Thanks for a great pack Bungle and everyone else that have put in so much time to this.

Hi all, 

Want to add some hi end helis to the hero trader.  I'm not the best at coding. Can anyone explain how to do this to me ?  We're on ST and trying to add them in the php myadmin database,are we on the right track?

Thanks for a great pack Bungle and everyone else that have put in so much time to this.

This should help http://hive.dayz.st/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1567

Although where it says to look for instance 11 you'll want to switch that to 17 or whatever instance you're using.

Hey,

I'm back  <_<

I finally got the custom pack working, but there is a slight hang up. (Props the Mathew)

Regarding the Admin Tool I can't edit the server files, well I can, but then I get stuck on the "Requesting Auth" screen.

Reason I would like to edit them is so that vehicles will stop despawning once spawned by the Admin tool...

Any advice?

Hello,

Ok so i Have Dowbloaded the latest pack couple of Days ago ... Read through these forums and installed it ... after a little fiddling with the Server.pbo I managed to get all the things we wanted up and running except the admin tools. ... followed the instructions to the T( I think ) added the puid's where they belong and unfortunately All i get is the  "tool Menu" option in blue ...  i get no other menu's... any Suggestions as to how to fix this.

Note .. the  Server.pbo would  not unpack. The PBO viewer says something like " this is not a amra file" or something to that effect ... opened the File anyway in  notepad++ and  found and edited the line that need to be Done and still no go

Hope someone can assist

I am new to this so  please pardon Me

Hello,

Ok so i Have Dowbloaded the latest pack couple of Days ago ... Read through these forums and installed it ... after a little fiddling with the Server.pbo I managed to get all the things we wanted up and running except the admin tools. ... followed the instructions to the T( I think ) added the puid's where they belong and unfortunately All i get is the  "tool Menu" option in blue ...  i get no other menu's... any Suggestions as to how to fix this.

Note .. the  Server.pbo would  not unpack. The PBO viewer says something like " this is not a amra file" or something to that effect ... opened the File anyway in  notepad++ and  found and edited the line that need to be Done and still no go

Hope someone can assist

Unless you are adding your own additional scripts that aren't included in this pack that need to be added to the server.pbo,  you shouldn't need to unpack it mate. I'd just use the one that comes ready as default and upload it straight to your server.

For the admin tools problem it sounds to me like you just havent added the UIDs in all the correct places. I'd check, re-check and triple check every admin's UID entry you made in the admins config file. You need to enter it in multiple times so read through the file and look for every #########   entry and replace with your admins' UIDs.

Hello,

Hope someone can assist

If you was able to open and edit the file in notepad++ im guessing it wasnt the server.pbo file you was trying to open as a pbo is a collection of files (like a zip file) so your not able to directly edit a single file in it with notepadd ++ with out extracting it

That's the idea mostly. Some players wont like all the addins, Some will. You can chop back or copy the functions you like if your willing and able.

I am looking to make some modifications that I am hoping you all approve however I will wait until the new patch release I think.

Removal of the BTK as with R3F Combined it means too much extra cargo.

Changing Sarge AI to only Bandits and removing patrols also changing to add more loot and more weapon types.

Map Fixes and More Addons including something to do on skalisty Island..

Possible Vendors at villages "Low level Loot" and Services only.

Extra Scripts like CCTV and More..

Various Bug Fixes and updates for current scripts and BE Kick Issues

Hey Bungle, this may be past your area of expertise, but would you be able to make a launcher utility like program where you can choose specifically what packages you want, and then hit compile or whatever and it pumps out the files in the correct structure that you need for the addons? This would probably be a very time intense project but i'd be willing to help in any way that I can.