How to add custom Editor Script

Thug

Question

3 answers to this question

There are several ways to work with SQF, you could execVM from root folder in Arma 3 or if making an addon then using cfgFunctions.
Personally I am using my own compiler I developed a while ago which allows me to edit scripts and files in a live SP/MP game.

It depends on what you are after really, if a simple script, then nothing beats dev console and some good old execVM from it.
If you want to do some hardcore shit and learn the ways of engine, I could PM you 1h video explaining everything as well as an addon that will let you write and preview scripts on a fully working local Epoch test server, comes with some cool stuff like custom debug console, weather editor, Post processing editor and quick function (allows saving and launching code snippets). The tool atm is only available to devs and community devs while we are testing it, but I do not mind sharing it with some known faces around forums. It will go public at some point anyway.

There are several ways to work with SQF, you could execVM from root folder in Arma 3 or if making an addon then using cfgFunctions.
Personally I am using my own compiler I developed a while ago which allows me to edit scripts and files in a live SP/MP game.

It depends on what you are after really, if a simple script, then nothing beats dev console and some good old execVM from it.
If you want to do some hardcore shit and learn the ways of engine, I could PM you 1h video explaining everything as well as an addon that will let you write and preview scripts on a fully working local Epoch test server, comes with some cool stuff like custom debug console, weather editor, Post processing editor and quick function (allows saving and launching code snippets). The tool atm is only available to devs and community devs while we are testing it, but I do not mind sharing it with some known faces around forums. It will go public at some point anyway.

Thanks for the quick reply, and yes please PM link to video. I am just starting to do Arma 3 and after 2 years of Arma 2. I am very willing to listen and learn. Thank you