What map would you like supported officially ?

Richie

What map should be supported next ?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. What map should be supported next ?

• Atlantis
    • Esseker
    • Takistan
    • Chernarus Summer
    • Sahrani
    • Lost Island Pack
    • Kandahar Province
    • FSF Al Rayak
    • Pianosa
    • Southern Wardak Province
    • The Lost Coast
    • Gorgona
    • Isla Duala
    • Tilos
    • Panthera
    • Wake Island
    • Sarugao
    • M.S.K.E
    • NAPF
    • Lingor

Hey guys reconsider your votes please.

Look at atlantis, even if you don't want the map, voting it in would force epoch compatibility with JBAD buildings.

This would push our island maps into more enterable buildings and next step is the cup terrains, I might not have to finish my enterable Chernarus project cause it looks like cup terrains is due any time now.

If you dont care just ignore my request, otherwise the immediate impact of the JBAD on our airfields and military areas on the ported islands would be fantastic.

I would actually prefer the Dev team stay focused on getting the mod more complete first and worry about other maps later... like in Beta. There is already enough problems with map makers ending support for their map packs anymore and it causing a ton of problems for servers that ran on those maps. 

As interested as I am in the Australia map I won't use it because it requires the AIA TP the last time I checked.

I would actually prefer the Dev team stay focused on getting the mod more complete first and worry about other maps later... like in Beta. There is already enough problems with map makers ending support for their map packs anymore and it causing a ton of problems for servers that ran on those maps. 

As interested as I am in the Australia map I won't use it because it requires the AIA TP the last time I checked.

Dev team are not doing the ports, I am :) so Epoch development won't suffer by me doing every single port, only the community benefit.

Lots of new terrains are using AiA TP (Soon to be @CUP) because there is a lack of decent objects to use, although on my terrain i'm pulling the objects i want and will include them with my terrain, only because i'm only using a few.

The only terrain that has been abandoned is Bornholm but Egil released the source files, it's not dead yet, I can't think of any other terrain not being supported.

Dev team are not doing the ports, I am :) so Epoch development won't suffer by me doing every single port, only the community benefit.

Lots of new terrains are using AiA TP (Soon to be @CUP) because there is a lack of decent objects to use, although on my terrain i'm pulling the objects i want and will include them with my terrain, only because i'm only using a few.

The only terrain that has been abandoned is Bornholm but Egil released the source files, it's not dead yet, I can't think of any other terrain not being supported.

Well then all I can say thank you for your contribution to the community. And I am glad to hear you are pulling your objects into your own map file. I don't like seeing addon's, maps, and mods that require another addon, map, or mod to work, that is just begging for problems down the road and then things turn into an emergency scramble when something goes wrong.

That's kind of sad, Bornholm is a brand new map and it's already being dropped. I saw that CUP may pick up AiA, but I have seen so many projects get picked up with the best intentions for ArmA 3 and then get forgotten about. Most of the current addon's right now are incomplete ports from ArmA 2, no one is really working on anything new and original for equipment, vehicles, aircraft, etc.

Right now my OverPOCH server is an absolute mess from both the updates which I am hoping to get squared away tomorrow, however after that if you need testers since it looks like from another thread you are hurting for them I can probably help you out with that.

Feel free to jump on the Sahrani server i have running, details in the OP.

Look for trees that won't harvest incase i missed some, rocks and wrecks etc

Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this. I spent a while on the server today. Two things I noticed: All of the Sahrani (unique??) buildings I checked, except for one, had no loot in them at all. The Sahrani unique gas station also did not fill gas into the vehicle).  I didn't get to check again from last time, but last time I was at the airfield and there were these crates that had the scroll option "open ammo box" or something like that. But once opened were empty of any loot.

that are the wrong phones  :)

No they're not, each map has unique buildings, so for Sahrani they will be used for banking.

Thanks for the reports, keep em coming and i'll go through them all until we're 100% done, then i'll send the files to Awol for official support and move on to the next, looking like Panthera with the votes.

N'Ziwasogo map will be awesome!!!!!

You think so? I thought it was pretty boring for how big it was.. I mean for Epoch anyways. For scenarios and such, sure. *shrugs*

I've been enjoying aus but being that 95% of the time you're running because there are no vehicles to be found, its just so big...

And esseker, we started running it on our server, but its like chernarus with trying to find loot. Too many closed a2 buildings. That makes it more fun for pvp I guess.. If everyone can find a weapon or spawn with one.

You think so? I thought it was pretty boring for how big it was.. I mean for Epoch anyways. For scenarios and such, sure. *shrugs*

I've been enjoying aus but being that 95% of the time you're running because there are no vehicles to be found, its just so big...

And esseker, we started running it on our server, but its like chernarus with trying to find loot. Too many closed a2 buildings. That makes it more fun for pvp I guess.. If everyone can find a weapon or spawn with one.

i say the bigger the better same with esseker best ever map 

We will only support maps with the authors express permission. I did jump the queue and have made ready Pianosa :) Am happy to work on one of the next ones. 

I've already started Panthera, pick what ever has the highest votes after it :)

• vbawol unpinned this topic