How to Enable Thermal Scope in Server?

Ctrl-Alt-Rage

Question

Now, I am aware in a PVP environment, Thermal Scopes are a little OP. But our server is just a PVE server that is heavily militarized. And while the enemy can shoot us through walls and while hiding in reeds, unfortunately; we cannot see them. So we wanted to even the odds a little.

Other than adding @MAS is there any way we can enable Thermal scopes to not be defect?

12 answers to this question

Google "arma disableTIEquipment" and You will find out that this is a scripting command and "_this" has to be a vehicle.

The rest can be figured out by reading the official BIS Wiki page and if You search the Epoch files for that command (use notepad++ function "Find in files" to search multiple folders).

you cannot edit the epoch files afaik, but you could do something like this:

{_x disableTIEquipment false;}forEach vehicles;

that would enable TI equipment on all vehicles (that has default ti equipment) of the server.

however just adding that to the init will not work either as you would have to wait for the vehicles to spawn first.

long story short, the above code can enable it on all vehicles of your server if added correctly.

The ability to enable TI properties on the thermal scope can be done through the cfgWeapons.hpp file inside the a3_epoch_config.pbo file in the client files.  Change line 2349 to 'visionMode[] = {"Normal","NVG","TI"};' and that will re-enable night and thermal vision to the TWS scopes.  However, the current server code will not allow the cfgWeapons file to be read from the mission, unlike the cfgPricing file, which means that the change will be ineffective in game.  I know this because I already tried it.   :ph34r:

The ability to enable TI properties on the thermal scope can be done through the cfgWeapons.hpp file inside the a3_epoch_config.pbo file in the client files.  Change line 2349 to 'visionMode[] = {"Normal","NVG","TI"};' and that will re-enable night and thermal vision to the scope.  However, the current server code will not allow the cfgWeapons file to be read from the mission, unlike the cfgPricing file, which means that the change will be ineffective in game.  I know this because I already tried it.   :ph34r:

try

player disableTIEquipment false;

this enabled ti in launchers for me