[Release] Steerable Parachute (Vehicle Eject)

Steerable Parachute

What is it?

Ever felt like a sitting, or in this case flying, duck when you eject from a helicopter? This addition to your server will replace that parachute with a steerable one so you can influence your landing position.

Can I see a video?

Click here.

How do I install?

1. Grab yourself a copy of veh_resetEH.sqf (dayz_code\init\) and do the whole custom compiles.sqf, overwrite thing. If you already have a custom one, open it up.
  2. Look for:
    if (isServer) then {

then look for the closing brace:

};
  3. Replace the closing brace with:
    } else {
    	0 = _this addEventHandler ["GetOut", {
    		_unit = _this select 2;
    		if (_unit != player) exitWith {};

_parachute = vehicle _unit;
    		if (!(_parachute isKindOf "ParachuteBase")) exitWith {};

deleteVehicle _parachute;
    		[_unit] spawn BIS_fnc_halo;

systemChat "<Steerable Parachute> This parachute is steerable!";
    	}];
    };
  4. Done!

How do I thank you for the best script ever?

I kid but if you're feeling generous, click here.

Hi Mikeeeyy, I installed this, thanks a lot. As I also use your precise base building and see it as a MUST HAVE script, I slipped you a small donation to buy you a few ales. Enjoy :)

Thank you very much for that man, it's very generous of you and gives a warm feeling that you like and support my work. Thanks again :)

lol, you do realize that DZE_HaloJump = true will allow halo jump from air vehicles?

if you want to allow it at lower heights than 400m, just edit fn_selfactions ...

Is there really any need for the attitude? Lol? Is it really that funny? Yes I DO realise that such variable will allow players to halo jump from aircraft. Unless you're unable to read, I'd take another glance at the thread title. Nowhere does it say anything about halo jumping. It is simply a script that replaces the parachute from the normal ejection system, with a steerable one.

Is there really any need for the attitude? Lol? Is it really that funny? Yes I DO realise that such variable will allow players to halo jump from aircraft. Unless you're unable to read, I'd take another glance at the thread title. Nowhere does it say anything about halo jumping. It is simply a script that replaces the parachute from the normal ejection system, with a steerable one.

but thats the exact same thing as halo jumping... if you just lower the altitude to w/e you want it's the same thing... I don't get why you'd add something new when it's redundant...?

its the same parachute and the need for altitude is so that it dosnt fire when you exit at low altitude, tbh i think its best done as is in epoch cause you dont risk someone ending without a parachute at whatever hight cause the EH fails, either ways i really dont see the use for this tbh, you are just adding another EH for no reason.

but thats the exact same thing as halo jumping... if you just lower the altitude to w/e you want it's the same thing... I don't get why you'd add something new when it's redundant...?

Click halo jump your character starts sky diving, click eject you character opens a steerable parachute. Am I missing a piece of the puzzle here? Let's say your friend just wants to drop you off at a base, when you eject you can determine where you're going to land. Oh and another thing, have you actually given the halo jump thorough testing? Last time I used it in an event, the chute wouldn't open resulting in half the players spaltting to their death. This little addition simple enhances the default ejection system and looks more professional with it using the official eject action, compared to the fn_actions add on.

Click halo jump your character starts sky diving, click eject you character opens a steerable parachute. Am I missing a piece of the puzzle here? Let's say your friend just wants to drop you off at a base, when you eject you can determine where you're going to land. Oh and another thing, have you actually given the halo jump thorough testing? Last time I used it in an event, the chute wouldn't open resulting in half the players spaltting to their death. This little addition simple enhances the default ejection system and looks more professional with it using the official eject action, compared to the fn_actions add on.

I was just wondering and asking for an explanation because I wasn't sure how it was any different. While you did explain it and persuade me that it is indeed different, you did so in a way that comes across as, well, rude. I was just asking, there was no need to get defensive.

I was just wondering and asking for an explanation because I wasn't sure how it was any different. While you did explain it and persuade me that it is indeed different, you did so in a way that comes across as, well, rude. I was just asking, there was no need to get defensive.

Sorry bud, didn't mean to come across that way :-) It doesn't help when you throw ellipses left, right and center and end it with a question like that.

Sorry bud, didn't mean to come across that way :-) It doesn't help when you throw ellipses left, right and center and end it with a question like that.

I was just curious because I read what Halv said and I didnt even think about the fact that you skydive at first.  No prob, cool little mod.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also, this only seems to work with vehicles that have the suffix of either _DZ or _DZE. If it doesn't have that suffix then it wont work. For example:

MV22 - Doesn't Work

MV22_DZ - Does work.

I have the same issue. Any idea how to fix this to work with all vehicles?

I just tested this on my server and this doesn't seem to be the case. How are you guys spawning the vehicles? Remember, the vehicle needs to be initialised by your client before it will work, so just spawning a vehicle won't work.

• 2 months later...

Ummm... Ok, total code-noob here. I can't seem to get this to work because I'm pretty sure I did this wrong.

I copied the code out of my veh_resetEH.sqf and put it into my custom compiles.sqf and added in the extra bit. That was all I had to do, right? No? Yeah, no. =\

Help?

Thanks!

depends on what you mean  "you put it in your custom compiles"..

you need to change the path to it from 

fnc_veh_ResetEH =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\veh_ResetEH.sqf";            //Initialize vehicle

to something like this.

fnc_veh_ResetEH =             compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\init\veh_ResetEH.sqf";            //Initialize vehicle