"Friendly fire" on all kills

Swordfish

Question

Iv got av bug that i noticed after 1.0.2.5 patch.

On all kills, the text "friendly fire" comes upp. And the killer don't loose humanity.

Any ideas?

I'm experienced with editing sqf files, but I thought someone could point me in the right direction if you had the same problem.

It's the same text you get up in dayz vanilla when you kill someone that in loadingscreen, but thhat isn't the case now.

23 answers to this question

So do death msg boards.

Which requires a player to respawn and make their way to the trader cities to access them.

Just what is it with this mod and practices that consume large amounts of time? Anyway, each server to their own I guess. Those that like the long game will play on Vanilla Epoch servers, while those that like to get stuff done will play on the servers that offer short-cuts like the auto-repair and refuel. 

"loose" humanity.... why do gamers have such a hard time with the word "lose"? "loose" humanity would be humanity that isn't tight.

Most likely because his primary language is not English. If you would look at his posts instead of being a "grammar nazi" about them, you will see he has a .se website and from that it is safe to assume that he is most likely Swedish.

Remember, not everyone on the internet is from a English as a first language country.

Most likely because his primary language is not English. If you would look at his posts instead of being a "grammar nazi" about them, you will see he has a .se website and from that it is safe to assume that he is most likely Swedish.

Remember, not everyone on the internet is from a English as a first language country.

I think a Grammar Nazi would just kill you if you used the wrong word, not correct you. More like a grammar teacher, I believe it's not just people from non-english speaking countries. I see plenty of red blooded americans that use "Loose" instead of "Lose". It's really prevalent in gaming circles.

I think a Grammar Nazi would just kill you if you used the wrong word, not correct you. More like a grammar teacher, I believe it's not just people from non-english speaking countries. I see plenty of red blooded americans that use "Loose" instead of "Lose". It's really prevalent in gaming circles.

Keep the thread on topic.

Damn.. =/ can't remove the safezones though that way i'd lose a lot of players

Guess I'll disable the deathmessages as well at least that way they wont realize it so quickly :D

I've actually gotten alot of positive feedback from removing the death messages. People seem to like the added challenge.

I've actually gotten alot of positive feedback from removing the death messages. People seem to like the added challenge.

That wouldnt even be the problem. The problem is that there is no humanity added or lost upon a kill if it was friendly fire