Fulcrum Mission System v2.1a

horbin

Line 123 of SpawnNotifications.sqf

if ( count _missionNameOverride > 0) then
        {
           // diag_log format ["##SpawnNotifications : override mission %2 name to %1",_missionNameOverride, _markers select 0];
            _mkr2 setMarkerText _missionNameOverride;   
        }
        else { _mkr2 setMarkerText (_markers select 0);};

change too:

if ( count _missionNameOverride > 0) then
        {
           // diag_log format ["##SpawnNotifications : override mission %2 name to %1",_missionNameOverride, _markers select 0];
            _mkr2 setMarkerText format[" %1",_missionNameOverride];   
        }
        else { _mkr2 setMarkerText format[" %1",(_markers select 0)];};

That should do it.

The only time I've had that happen is when I've edited the loot file and made a typo or if there are 1 or 2 rogue AI still knocking around glitched into buildings.

Strange, I didnt change anything but ill give it a once over and see if I missed anything.

Look at the mission too...one of the 'win' triggers for this mission is BodyCount.  They need to kill at least 20 of the AI before they complete their search of the town and evacuate.  BodyCount does not increment for AI killed by vehicles, so if they drive through town like MadMax, they may not get encounter credit :)

Also, if they are seeing the 'Win' message, but no loot box, please send me a copy of your '.rpt'.  There is a bug (fixed, in the next release) that does cause an issue if you are using 'random' in the loot box selection.

[    //WIN Triggers and Controls
      ["LowUnitCount", "GUER", 3, 300, [0,0]], // 3 or fewer enemies within 500m
      ["ProxPlayer", [0,0], 150, 1], // 1 player is within 150 meters of encounter center.
	  ["TIMER", 600], // prevents victory until at least 10 minutes into encounter
       ["BodyCount",20] // at least 20 enemy must be killed by players.

Preview Release 2.0

+HC disconnect/reconnect greatly optimized!
+Multiple Headless Client support. FuMS now properly cleans up AI when controlled from multiple HC's.
+AdminTools: SetPlayer, SetMission are now functioning properly. Admins will be able to designate a player and then spawn in any FuMS mission on that player's location.
+ Mission Syntax pre-compiler Complete!
   Headless client now scans and pre-compiles all missions.  If an error is found the mission will not be used as part of the theme, and a message
   will be inserted into the HC's .rpt log.   
+ Syntax checker should also eliminate any .sqf errors or crashes due to misconfiguration. If you experience any of these, please forward your .RPT
to me!  
+ 80% reduction in Mission .pbo footprint for FuMS (now less than 30kb)!
+ All HC files moved to server side PBO. HC's now download all their scripts and data from the server upon connecting.
+ BaseServer MinFrameRate
  Option added to BaseServer.sqf to limit HC interaction with server if FPS drops below the specified amount.
- Removed radiochatter sound file.  Functionality still there, but unique static sound no longer packaged with FuMS.
**(Admins may need to remove the CfgSounds definition in description.ext from the previous install)
# 2 second delay added to mission creation after buildings are placed to provide opportunity for them to initialize and be positioned prior to creation of units.
# modified 'halo/para drop' code to fix a bug that resulted in AI sometimes never realizing they reached the ground.  
+ Smoke Box options - see BaseServer.sqf
	Trigger range - smoke now activates on player proximity (0=unlimited)
	Colors - smoke color can now be customized
	Duration - duration of smoke now independent of loot box cleanup timer
# fixed reliability of admin menu, and enhanced it to support multiple HC's and server-side spawning (non-HC) configuration.
+ 5 Theme Options now availible via the ThemeData.sqf:
   1: Create random mission from theme's list each control loop cycle.
   2: Create missions 'in order' found in the ThemeData.sqf
   3: Create random mission, until all in the theme's list have been spawned.
   4: Spawn all missions in the theme's list immediately. Use the theme's respawn delay to 'regenerate the mission when it is complete.
   5: Spawn all missions in the theme's list ONLY once!  
  Additional options added to enhance Admin use of dynamic events.   
** Admin Note **
** To support migration to server side script storage and Multiple-HC support all mission files need to undergo the following changes:
-remove 'initData ='
-remove 'MissionData = _initData;'
-remove 'HCHAL_ID publicVariableClient "MissionData";
+SmokeBox options array replaces true/false flag in BaseServer.sqf
*****Missions packaged with FuMS are ready to go!

Setting up a routine for the server to pass the scripts to the HC has taken a little work, but the end result is a mission side foot print of less than 30kb for the mod.  Also, these changes provide for MULTI-HC support.  Cleanup, and mission control via the admin menu now work across multiple HC's.  

I am working out a couple of final bugs with the Admin menu. I hope to have the new files up by Friday.

Hi

I want to use the VCOM AI addon, how do I set a random rank for individual units. as currently the rank is not set.

Maybe add  "_rank = ([PRIVATE, COLONEL,....] call bis_fnc_selectrandom) _unit" to the Spawnsoldier.sqf.

Will VCOM AI work with FuMs & will this work.

I have already incorporated VCOM AI Driving via a flag in the BaseServer.sqf.

SpawnSoldier.sqf is the core script used to create/equip each unit.

CreateGroup.sqf is the core script to form groups (it calls SpawnSoldier)

SpawnGroup.sqf is the script that assigns AI logic to each group created based upon info provided in the encounter file.

VCOM AI Driver is initialized in FuMsnInit.sqf.

If you want to add additional AI behavior you can follow the format used for setting up the VCOM AI Driver script.  If there is additional things like Rank, you want to add, that could be placed into SpawnSoldier and/or CreateGroup depending on if you want it to configure your AI.

Hope that helps.

If there are specific ai scripts you want folded in from VCOM, let me know and I'll try and fold those in as part of the VCOM Driving enable option.

I think I am going to give headless client a try, would love to have a pair of cpu's dedicated just for that and to run my AI

I had the headless client running on a separate server for a time but had loads of issues syncing the server restart (if I didn't restart the HC then after a few server restarts the HC would crash)

The headless client only uses about 20% of the CPU time on my system, the main issue I have is that the server itself only ever uses about 60-70% of the CPU and no more (even without the headless client running). If only they could get the server to actually use the resources in the system fully it would run so much better.

I had the headless client running on a separate server for a time but had loads of issues syncing the server restart (if I didn't restart the HC then after a few server restarts the HC would crash)

The headless client only uses about 20% of the CPU time on my system, the main issue I have is that the server itself only ever uses about 60-70% of the CPU and no more (even without the headless client running). If only they could get the server to actually use the resources in the system fully it would run so much better.

I have separated HC and Server and both are restarted at the same time using BEC on server ( restarts one minute before HC ) and Task Scheduler on HC

v1.4 is out.

Multi-HC support.

Full Admin mission spawning support, to include spawn of encounters on other players and admin

Syntax checking now added to FuMS.  Missions and Config files are actively parsed at server start to validate data.

Direct errors and their location are now logged to .rpt to assist in custom mission configuration.

95% of files moved to server side.  mission.pbo foot print now ~35kb!!!!

Hi horbin, I've tried using the new dynamic mission spawning (selecting myself as the location for now) and it spawns in the mission fine.

Unfortunately it keeps on respawning again and again when you clear it. I couldn't see any option to stop it respawning (I killed the mission with the admin menu and it just respawned again).

The mission you spawn will follow the 'respawn' characteristics of the theme it belongs too.

The 2 example missions I put in the 'admin' theme will only spawn once per server reset.

Basically you will want to have a theme, like the 'admin' theme, that has a LONG respawn timer.  Put the missions you wish to 'admin' spawn there.  Otherwise, launching a mission from a different theme, is just the same as 'toggling' that theme to on, but just with the 1 mission you are launching.

Hope that helps.

Ever had it happen where you go to use the FUMS admin tool and it crashes Arma 3?  That's what I'm dealing with at the moment.  This is the error that happens right before the crash:

15:14:56 "##PlayerInit: FuMS Admin Menu = true"
15:15:22 "##AdminMenu: Running"
15:15:23 Error in expression <", "0"];

for [{_slot=0},{_slot < count FuMS_HCIDs},{_slot=_slot+1}] do
{
privat>
15:15:23   Error position: <FuMS_HCIDs},{_slot=_slot+1}] do
{
privat>
15:15:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: fums_hcids
15:15:23 File FuMS\Menus\Player\ToggleTheme.sqf, line 9
15:15:23 Error in expression <", "0"];

for [{_slot=0},{_slot < count FuMS_HCIDs},{_slot=_slot+1}]do
{
_active>
15:15:23   Error position: <FuMS_HCIDs},{_slot=_slot+1}]do
{
_active>
15:15:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: fums_hcids
15:15:23 File FuMS\Menus\Player\KillMission.sqf, line 8
15:15:23 Error in expression <ce",true]];

for [{_ii=0},{_ii < count FuMS_HCNames},{_ii=_ii+1}] do
{
_txt = f>
15:15:23   Error position: <FuMS_HCNames},{_ii=_ii+1}] do
{
_txt = f>
15:15:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: fums_hcnames
15:15:23 File FuMS\Menus\Player\SetResource.sqf, line 8
15:15:24 Error: can't resize AutoArray to negative size!

Also, when I load into the lobby there are no "slots" on the left side of the screen like there should be normally.  There's 100 slots in my mission.sqm and I checked the formatting to make sure I hadn't put in an extra }; someplace.  Any thoughts?

EDIT:  Seems the crashing was happening because I was trying to access the menu too quickly after server restart and the values hadn't been passed to all variables yet.  That part is ok it seems.  The mission issue though is a little concerning.  

There's one thing left outstanding that I need to address before I can roll this out to production.  Missions seem to spawn anywhere in the wilderness, even in deep forests.  For most things this is good, but what if a mission spawns right on top of a player base in the middle of nowhere?  Is there a check that can be put in to ensure that the missions only spawn in open areas?  Town invasions would be exempt from that of course.