[Idea] Hunt the admin script

BetterDeadThanZed

I came up with an idea while playing today. Admins can enable a map marker for themselves that updates every X number of seconds (configurable). Players on the server are challenged to hunt down and kill this player. An admin could give themselves some valuable item that a player could loot from them if they kill them. Is this something that would be doable?

I kinda already do this on the server. I don't use a script though but would be kind of cool to have. I just make a global announcement to come and get me and mark the area on the map to let them know my general location. Person or group that kills me gets a prize.

This is a great idea. Admin or normal player targets. Making it compatible with Vampires mission framework (once it is released) would be nice. Imagine the thrill of seeing a public announcement: <Insert your name> is now a target. :D

That certainly would be a good option for an admin to have, but on my server I wouldn't want some random person targeted. I'd rather equip myself with spawned items for the players to take from me. Imagine an irate player when they are suddenly targeted and they lose their stuff because their position is being broadcast to the server.

Could make it an opt-in thing. Player buys a manhunt ticket at the ATM, value of ticket goes up every minute by some value multiplied by the no. of players on the server. Ticket broadcasts rough location marker every 5 minutes, after an hour the ticket becomes valid can be cashed back in at any ATM or held onto while it increases in value.

Ohhh yeahhh MANHUNT in EPOCH  !!!

So... from my player point of view if I may...

1/ Could be cool to be selected randomly as the player Hunted.

A message appears on my screen telling me that I am hunted and if I stay alive during 1 hour (IRL) I'll win kriptos (depending of the server economy but must be high enought)

A message appears to all players playing telling that I am hunted (showng my name) and that they can get a reward if they kill during the next hour.

2/  If one player of my group kill me I get a penalty (- Kryptos) and the hunting is done telling all players  that [The name of my teamate who killed me] is far from the best buddy to be with ever...

3/ A Location Marker showing every 5 minutes seems to be fair...but...I musn't be able to use any vehicule during the hunt.

4/ If i succeed to stay alive...the next time I'll be the chosen prey the reward will be higher (for the players and for me if i manage stay alive) Thus anyone showing the message of my hunt will see the amount of money they can get from killing me and the title of one of the 5 tiers we could create to make this challenging.

Why...

Cause I wanna be Famous and know exactly how much money I get if I manage to survive/kill and how long it could take me to.

Cause I can stay in the air with an Heli and during five minutes into a HAYON Sport...Good luck to catch me with your not so usefull marker...

Cause I may agree with another group to kill each other.

Cause Tiers Make it challenging and force me to be serious to get more rewards next time (and could resolve the agreement with other groups problem cause if you let me live...some other players may have the time to kill me)

You Guys...Coders and Devs are doing an AWESOME job !!!

And still from my player point of view...these were just a bunch of ideas around what you may use developping this kind of gameplay.

Thanks !!!

PS:

- On some servers, it may be possible to decline to be hunted with a yes / no question. if not...give a warning to the player that in 5 minutes he wont be able to use véhicules and be marked on the map evry 5 minutes. (You dont want anyone to know where is your base exactly...

- Showing the name of the killer in the "mission succeed  message" will be great.

I've been reading all the replies. Thanks for the input. I hope one of you coding gurus can come up with something. Just a comment about the random player being selected. I think that would be a bad idea to randomly select a player. It would be better to limit it to only admins, so they can prepare themselves with whatever gear they want the players to be able to steal from them. A random player could get rather irate if they have been working hard to loot, moving stealthily and suddenly their position is broadcast to everyone.

If only i knew how to make something for epoch/multiplayer.

i tried to make some type of get admin so i got up with this:

it worked on LAN and Internet hosted in arma 3 but when i tried it on my test server it didn't even show up ;P

no errors in the RTP aswell.

Pretty new to arma coding.

it works pretty simple, Declare your admins in the 

if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx", "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"])

(or event leader)

It give's you an addaction (the scroll menu) to start an event probs need to change that if you accidently click on it ;)

then it gives the server based on who clicked on the button a hint: in the video it shows my name. 

places a marker and the marker will follow your position ( you can make it delayed by changing  "sleep 0.5;" to something higher)

made it today still not finished but could use some help to make it serverside ofcourse did alot of reading already haha

need the files:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/qhte8g352ilsl8y/Catch.rar

ps: if anyone manages to change it to work with epoch i would glady wanna know how it helps my study aswell

after i manage to make it so epoch will run it ill add some more stuff.(otherwise i can't really test it, it might work for me ofcourse)

• 1 month later...

Hi, this idea is really nice, it's why after some research, I managed to run the flyxdvd's start of script on an epoch server.

I also created a github for those who would like to contribute to changing the script : 

The implementation is really simple:

1. If it does not exists, create an init.sqf file in the root of your mission file  epoch.<Map>.pbo.

2. Add the following lines to init.sqf file or adapt your existing :
if(!isDedicated){
	"GlobalAdminHint" addPublicVariableEventHandler { 
		hint parseText format["%1", (_this select 1) select 0]
	};

[] spawn {	
		waitUntil{vehicle player == player && time > 5};
		[] execVM "scripts\add_action_menu.sqf";
	};	
};

3.  If it does not exists, create a "scripts" folder in the root of your mission file epoch.<map>.pbo and add the following two files :

"scripts\add_action_menu.sqf"

waitUntil{!isNull (findDisplay 46)};

//Add action menu for admin (replace xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with your ID)
if ((getPlayerUID player) in ["xxxxxxxxxxxxxx","xxxxxxxxxxxxxx","xxxxxxxxxxxxxx","xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]) then {
	systemChat "Adding action menu...";
	removeAllActions player;

waitUntil {!isNull player};
	while {true} do {
	   waitUntil {sleep 1.5; alive player};
		player addaction ["Admin Hunt", "scripts\adminhunt.sqf","",5,false,true,"",""];
	   waitUntil {sleep 1.5; !alive player};
	};
};

"scripts\adminhunt.sqf"

private ["_pname","_marker","_msgstr"];

_pname = name player;

_msgstr = format["Hunting the Admin<br/>
<t size='1.0' color='#668CFF'>%1</t> <br/>
Has gone crazy!<br/>
Go find him and kill him.<br/>
Look at his position on the map.<br/>
For a nice prize!<br/>",_pname];

GlobalAdminHint = [_msgstr]; 
publicVariable "GlobalAdminHint";

systemChat "Let's hunt admin...";

_Marker = createMarker [_pname, position player];
_Marker setMarkerColor "ColorGreen";
_Marker setMarkerShape "ICON";
_Marker setMarkerType "o_inf";
_Marker setMarkerSize [1,1];

while {alive player} do
{
	_Marker setMarkerPos (getPos player);
	sleep 5; //let a small chance to admin...
};

if (getMarkerColor _Marker != "")then{
	deleteMarker _Marker;
}; 

_msgstr = format["Admin<br/>
<t size='1.0' color='#668CFF'>%1</t><br/>
Has died!<br/>
Your prize will arrive shortly.<br/>
Congrats!<br/>",_pname];

GlobalAdminHint = [_msgstr]; 
publicVariable "GlobalAdminHint";

4. Adapt BE filters :

> scripts.txt

At line 22 (7 exec...) add : 
!="execVM \"scripts\adminhunt.sqf\"" !="execVM \"scripts\add_action_menu.sqf\"" 

At line 32 (7 removeAllActions...) add :
!="removeAllActions player"
At line 42 (7 deleteMarker...) add : 
!="deleteMarker _Marker"
At line 43 (7 setMarker...) add :
!="_Marker setMarkerColor \"ColorGreen\"" !="_Marker setMarkerShape \"ICON\"" !="_Marker setMarkerType \"o_inf\"" !="_Marker setMarkerSize [1,1]" !="_Marker setMarkerPos (getPos player)"
> publicvariable.txt

At line 1 (5 "" ...) add : 
!="GlobalAdminHint"
Maybe you'll need to adapt BE filters to your environment.

Feel free to share your feedback, because this is the first time I put the hands in this language  :P

Feel free to share your feedback, because this is the first time I put the hands in this language  :P

Not working. code from init.sqf  

if(!isDedicated){
	};

[] spawn {	
	};	
}

stop work my all other custom scripts. Dont have any errors on rpt. Just not working

Not working. code from init.sqf  

if(!isDedicated){
	};

[] spawn {	
	};	
}

stop work my all other custom scripts. Dont have any errors on rpt. Just not working

add ";" after last "}" , it should be better ;)

if(!isDedicated){
	};

[] spawn {	
	};	
};

replace line 1 in scripts\adminhunt.sqf

private ["_pname","_marker",_msgstr];

by

private ["_pname","_marker","_msgstr"];

We were just alking about having this on our server as well, this would be epic!! Im following this topic very closely!!

I dont know too much about scripting but would love to see this work and implemented. Ill definitely test this very hard when its ready!!

Did you read all the posts in the first post?