Great colliders strike again

Leniaal

Standard expected answer. I am getting different results, that's the stupid part. The car was standing there for 2 restarts till this happened.

I'm so insane for building a garage, what was I thinking! With garage doors in this game, it was a real dumb thing to expect to be working.

Meanwhile there is time for new spawn buildings, random useless ferris wheels and poppies.

The best advice I got for your problem was a post in these forums somewhere,park your cars with enough space to "spin them 360°".

I followed it and I've had 2 hunters and a effrit in a 2×3 for over a week

Thanks man, appreciate that. I'll give it a try.

This has been an on going issue and many people are experiencing their vehicles exploding or being damaged while being parked on wood floors or near base walls. People have also seen vehicles being stuck or blowing up even while not on wooden floors.

Yes I can now confirm this, I build a garage on flat ground. But explosions still occurred. No garage, but a large terrain blocked off will probably give you a bigger chance you have your vehicles after restart.. 

Yes.. it's an issue.

Just like the above poster.. The area around the vehicle is the problem.  The 360 rule should keep them from blowing up.

Now if they could only fix the issues with wooden floors acting like butter and vehicles melting through them.. that would be great.

gaps people dont park on the joint in the floor your tires will fall through just like your player does......

try doubling up the floors changing the rotation of the planking and make sure there are NO gaps.... test the joints by standing on them if you do the stupid floating animatino you have a gap.... squeeze those floors togeather

i have lost 2 vehicles (out of countless ones ive parked in my base) due to buggy floors/ build..... the first was my zammack repair cos a friend decided to squeeze a hunter into the garages..... server reset and the zammack sunk through the joint in the floor

the 2nd was a humming bird same again i landed with one of the skids on a joint and after a reset it was half in the floor... since noticing this i 

-1 double up floors (rotating the planking direction)

-2 free place floors a lil closer togeather to minimise the floating over the joint thing that happens

-3 make sure your wheels/landing gears / skids arent on the joints in the floors....

since following these rules i have managed to keep the same hunter and humming bird on a server for 2 weeks in the same base, countless restarts and not a single issue

We are aware. Standard Arma physics was one thing, start throwing in PhysX and which order to load your base parts / vehicles / storage parts etc. into the mix and it becomes a nightmare.

This issue was only just overcome in A2 Epoch, so we have a head start. For now, don't park your vehicles right next to each other ?

Topic cleaned..

We are aware. Standard Arma physics was one thing, start throwing in PhysX and which order to load your base parts / vehicles / storage parts etc. into the mix and it becomes a nightmare.

This issue was only just overcome in A2 Epoch, so we have a head start. For now, don't park your vehicles right next to each other ?

Topic cleaned..

Awesome a proper reply from a developer! I wish I saw that more often here. Thanks.

gaps people dont park on the joint in the floor your tires will fall through just like your player does......

try doubling up the floors changing the rotation of the planking and make sure there are NO gaps.... test the joints by standing on them if you do the stupid floating animatino you have a gap.... squeeze those floors togeather

i have lost 2 vehicles (out of countless ones ive parked in my base) due to buggy floors/ build..... the first was my zammack repair cos a friend decided to squeeze a hunter into the garages..... server reset and the zammack sunk through the joint in the floor

the 2nd was a humming bird same again i landed with one of the skids on a joint and after a reset it was half in the floor... since noticing this i 

-1 double up floors (rotating the planking direction)

-2 free place floors a lil closer togeather to minimise the floating over the joint thing that happens

-3 make sure your wheels/landing gears / skids arent on the joints in the floors....

since following these rules i have managed to keep the same hunter and humming bird on a server for 2 weeks in the same base, countless restarts and not a single issue

I'll have to try this out, thanks for your info.

• 2 months later...

Had to resurrect this one a little. Over time we've noticed a few other 'explosive anomalies'. Sometimes it seems as a vehicle comes into view from a distance, you see it spin as if it's just loaded its rotation, then explode. Also freshly spawned vehicles seemingly stuck in the ground is quite prevalent (seen it on 4 servers now).

Leaving enough room for vehicles to spin 360 makes a lot of sense, but we're seeing this happen to vehicles sitting in open ground too. In contrast, I've had an Ifrit parked 2 feet away from a wall for about 3 weeks now and no problems!

I'm guessing its taking too long to position the vehicle and it ends up colliding with the terrain when it's changing its direction or something?  We had one in our garage and we thought it was odd that it just up and disappeared since we made the garage anti-heli-lift-able, but now it makes sense what's happening.

Awesome a proper reply from a developer! I wish I saw that more often here. Thanks.

I'll have to try this out, thanks for your info.

the devs don't always have time to reply.....but the community here has a lot of server owners and other people that will help you when you ask. 

This is hopefully fixed in the 0.3.0.1-hotfix that AWOL released tonight.

That's great news. Let's hope so!

EDIT: That attitude at the top -copied below- doesn't help anyone.

He is not insane, he is looking for a solution to his seemingly-Epoch-caused problem on Epoch forums.

Not all forum members wish to fill in bug reports at GitHub - some people prefer the forums as the sole medium.

If you cannot offer help, drop the whip and leave this thread. Someone else might help.

If noone does, at least the help-seeker won't end up being whipped.

the definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. game is in alpha, there is tons of shit to do and it will get fixed when there is time to do it.

maybe fill out a proper bug report and help become the solution.  

Testing is going well with only a few critical bugs reported so far, a new server build has been pushed to our test servers that address the following issues.

Server Side Changelog 0.3.0.1 b4:
[Fixed] Crypto reset bug on death or fresh character.
[Fixed] Server side vehicle immunity for 1 minute after initial server startup, should prevent accidental damage on spawn.

Fingers crossed :D

I asked one of the devs on their stream if 0.3 would fix the helis falling through floor panels and they gave a tip to fix it for now; make sure that the heli has been spawned in to the world after the floor panel you land it on. So if you have a base already and you find a heli, sell it and buy it back. You lose a bit of crypto but seems to be working. I was very sceptical but no random explosions or helis falling through since.

All these mumbo jumbo solutions which do not make any sense.... Point it north... make sure it is spawned... get into passenger seat first yada yada. Just accept the fact that they randomly explode. There is no way to test it. You can not have same conditions for the tests as you do not know what is affecting the explosions. Just because it doesn't explode when you do something doesn't mean it is a solution as you do NOT know what is causing it. Maybe the reason it doesn't explode is related to the amount of krypto you have in ATM? If it is equal number, it won't explode after reset, if odd - boom.

I can have entire garage full of cars pointing in any directions that I imagine and they will be fine for 99 days and then I get in the 100th day and it explodes. Oh you say point it north? hahaha. Wow. Snake oil not a solution. As long as there is no idea what's causing it, forget about solutions.

The real answer now is to just not keep anything inside your vehicles and everytime you enter them after restart expect a boom. Will save you a lot of time,

All these mumbo jumbo solutions which do not make any sense.... Point it north... make sure it is spawned... get into passenger seat first yada yada. Just accept the fact that they randomly explode. There is no way to test it. You can not have same conditions for the tests as you do not know what is affecting the explosions. Just because it doesn't explode when you do something doesn't mean it is a solution as you do NOT know what is causing it. Maybe the reason it doesn't explode is related to the amount of krypto you have in ATM? If it is equal number, it won't explode after reset, if odd - boom.

I can have entire garage full of cars pointing in any directions that I imagine and they will be fine for 99 days and then I get in the 100th day and it explodes. Oh you say point it north? hahaha. Wow. Snake oil not a solution. As long as there is no idea what's causing it, forget about solutions.

The real answer now is to just not keep anything inside your vehicles and everytime you enter them after restart expect a boom. Will save you a lot of time,

so what you're saying is that if nobody knows what is causing it, nobody should try stuff out? how do you expect it to be fixed? :D

and for my previous comment, as I said, one of the devs suggested it so there MIGHT be something there :)

As raaste pointed out, the vehicles falling through floors can be worked around by making sure it's been created AFTER the floor it sits on. The reason this works is because the database loads objects in order, so the floor loads 1st, then the vehicle. This has been tested, and works, and is far from being snake oil. I see your point about the pointing north, but again, I can see reasons that would work too. DB loads an object, THEN looks at it's orientation last. Detects it's already at 0 rotation (ie: points north), so doesn't need to spin it around.

Your obvious lack of willingness to help pin down the problem and simply 'accept it' makes me wonder if you might work for EA ;)

Simple solution to make a decent difference. Spawn the vehicle at [0,0,0], set dir and vector then move it into place, adding allow damage false on vehicles seems to help, then when the loop finishes allow damage again

Combine that with modifying the order things are loaded (ie push vehicles to the end) and boom, it works