#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

You can help Yourself: Read the last 3 pages in this thread and all Your questions will be answered and remove those goddamn long posts (edit them and use spoilers).

We have 2015, learn to use the spoiler or the attach files function, they're common among all popular forums/boards.

To edit a PBO maybe search for a programm to edit .pbo files, it's really not that hard to find one using google.

Pro tipp:

EPOCH Alpha is not the right place to learn the basics, but I already wrote this before.

Too bad noone reads trough threads before he asks already answered questions these days.

Greez KiloSwiss

Just got everything working, I'm also new so if anyone has questions, please let me know (allow me to pass on the help I received). 

@Moody - the InitMissions.sqf can be found within the SEM directory. After any edits are made, you'll need to repack everything into a .pbo file. To accomplish this, you need a simple PBO viewer, I leverage Arma PBO View, I don't have a link readily available, just google it. 

Example: 

Step 1: Open SEM directory

Step 2: Within SEM directory, edit "InitMission.sqf" using Notepad ++

Step 3: Within the "InitMissions.sqf" locate "_minMissionTime = 5" and change "5" to 1"

Step 4: Within the "InitMissions.sqf" locate "_maxMissionTime = 10" and change "10" to "5"

Step 5: Save all changes

Step 6: Delete "SEM.pbo" from the root directory of the extracted SEM archive (e.g "F:\Arma 3 server files\customization\downloaded scripts\Simple-Epoch-Missions-master\Simple-Epoch-Missions-master")

Step 7: Open the Arma pbo Viewer (Or w/e viewer you're leveraging) and select "Pack" or use hit key "ctrl + P"

Step 8: Select the "SEM" folder you wish to pack (the one that contains your edits, assuming you have backups of the original)

Step 9: A new "SEM.pbo" will be created in the root directory, copy the updated "SEM.pbo" into your server directory "@EpochHive\Addons"

Note - Make backups of everything you're working on. Especially your entire server structure, otherwise you'll end up having to do complete wipes of your server and re-install the Epoch files as you're not sure where an issue is or something along those lines :). 

Let me know if you need any further help. 

@KSwiss - Thanks again for all the help, missions are looking really solid. The only suggestion I would have is showing the Mission Type on the map if possible. But note this is with limited testing, I'll likely have further feedback as I test the server. 

Yes the mission Name will be shown beneath the marked area.

I'm also working on making the whole mission loop compatible to run multiple missions at the same time.

And there are more functions that are added already, just need to find the time to playtest them.

I'll keep You updatet as soon as I got something new for You.

btw.

Has anyone tried out the new function to block mission spawns around specific markers?

Greez KiloSwiss

Yes the mission Name will be shown beneath the marked area.

I'm also working on making the whole mission loop compatible to run multiple missions at the same time.

And there are more functions that are added already, just need to find the time to playtest them.

I'll keep You updatet as soon as I got something new for You.

btw.

Has anyone tried out the new function to block mission spawns around specific markers?

Greez KiloSwiss

Multiple missions at the same time, this is what im waitiing for! =)

Colored markers with difficulty be cool too.

My config from one of your missions was: 

_this setMarkerType "hd_objective"; 
_this setMarkerColor "ColorGreen";//difficulty color (green, yellow, blue, orange, red)

also with mission name on map.

If you can make something like this, it will be perrfect!

Thanks

i believe there is a setting to change the chance of ai dropping weapons and gear

/ Chance of AI dropping their guns and keeping their gear (vests, backpacks and magazines) when killed.
SEM_AIdropGearChance = 40; // Values: 0-100% Where 0 means all gear gets removed from dead AI units.

Ah, ok. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't a bug. I'll leave it like that then.

Sorry bout the post earlier Kilo I was just at wits end....I am not a scriptor but I know enough that I should have known better...all that aside...Love it...took 3 of my regulars a long time and a few deaths to clear it...just what I was looking for...Now its time for me to go to the Bahamas and get away from them CHEERS

@Ghostrider-DbD-

It's really a pain in the ass to read trough this forum on my mobile phone when there are people posting their scripts and logfiles all over the place.

We have 2015 and still we have to show people how to use the attach or the spoiler function to share long texts...

I appologize - I have removed the post as it belonged in another thread in the first place.  I had not known that placing these blocks of text in spoilers was a convention but will do so in the future. On a broader scale, thanks for your great mission system which our players have been enjoying from V 0.3 on.

Just got everything working, I'm also new so if anyone has questions, please let me know (allow me to pass on the help I received). 

@Moody - the InitMissions.sqf can be found within the SEM directory. After any edits are made, you'll need to repack everything into a .pbo file. To accomplish this, you need a simple PBO viewer, I leverage Arma PBO View, I don't have a link readily available, just google it. 

Example: 

Step 1: Open SEM directory

Step 2: Within SEM directory, edit "InitMission.sqf" using Notepad ++

Step 3: Within the "InitMissions.sqf" locate "_minMissionTime = 5" and change "5" to 1"

Step 4: Within the "InitMissions.sqf" locate "_maxMissionTime = 10" and change "10" to "5"

Step 5: Save all changes

Step 6: Delete "SEM.pbo" from the root directory of the extracted SEM archive (e.g "F:\Arma 3 server files\customization\downloaded scripts\Simple-Epoch-Missions-master\Simple-Epoch-Missions-master")

Step 7: Open the Arma pbo Viewer (Or w/e viewer you're leveraging) and select "Pack" or use hit key "ctrl + P"

Step 8: Select the "SEM" folder you wish to pack (the one that contains your edits, assuming you have backups of the original)

Step 9: A new "SEM.pbo" will be created in the root directory, copy the updated "SEM.pbo" into your server directory "@EpochHive\Addons"

Note - Make backups of everything you're working on. Especially your entire server structure, otherwise you'll end up having to do complete wipes of your server and re-install the Epoch files as you're not sure where an issue is or something along those lines :). 

Let me know if you need any further help. 

@KSwiss - Thanks again for all the help, missions are looking really solid. The only suggestion I would have is showing the Mission Type on the map if possible. But note this is with limited testing, I'll likely have further feedback as I test the server. 

Thank you, thats what i call quideance! Creds to you my friend!

Install version 0.8. All fine, but AI does not cause damage to the player. Maybe the problem was already solved, but my English read the entire forum will not allow . If anyone knows , please help me THX.
  In the 0.7.1 version of the AI ​​deal damage to a player.

Install version 0.8. All fine, but AI does not cause damage to the player. Maybe the problem was already solved, but my English read the entire forum will not allow . If anyone knows , please help me THX.

In the 0.7.1 version of the AI ​​deal damage to a player.

I wasn't running any previous version, so I installed 0.8 fresh and they definitely do damage. They killed me.