Changing Loading Picture | Simple Way!

L3uX

Hello and welcome to this topic!

Today i want to show you, how to change the Epoch LoadingScreen of the Mission.

What do you need is just a bit understanding of how you create own pictures. (Photoshop, .NET Paint, ...)

Tutorial:

First you gonna need a picture with the size of 1024x512.

The file-format should be .jpg because it is a very small format and the users don't need to download so much.

My own server-picture looks like this http://i.imgur.com/R92Gld5.jpg 

After you've got your picture, make sure you unpacked the MPMission-Files from Epoch.

You can do this with Mikeros DePbo its called "Mikeros Eliteness", because the files are encrypted. (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19784

You will receive a new folder where the Mission-Files are included.

Create a new one inside the folder and call it something like "customs, images, stuff, ...".

Put in the image file then,

Now you'll need to open up the "description.ext" and we need to change a small line. (loadScreen =)

Change the "loadScreen" variable to your directory where the image is placed. (loadScreen = "images\loadScreen.jpg")

You don't need to put the whole folder path in it, because the mission is the path where your image is located.

And if the mission is loaded, everything is using the local path of the mission, thats why you dont need to put a "C:\" in front.

Start you server and you got your own join screen!

I will add a video later, at the moment im on my netbook because im sitting in the kitchen.

Thanks for reading!

• 2 weeks later...

All the secrets are out now. lol 

Good on you for sharing though.

FYI; photo format doesn't have to be .paa for this image, arma 2 was a bit different. you can load .jpg in no problem and honestly they come out better. .paa converts from texview 2 usually mess up the coloring.

All the secrets are out now. lol 

Good on you for sharing though.

FYI; photo format doesn't have to be .paa for this image, arma 2 was a bit different. you can load .jpg in no problem and honestly they come out better. .paa converts from texview 2 usually mess up the coloring.

You can load .jpg in fine on A2 :P my loadscreen has always been done like that :P