Preview: Ghost of Chernarus Epoch-Specific Map Pack

Charlatan

To make this working Serverside :

go into server_functions.sqf

diag_log (format["CLEANUP: DELETED %1 ITEMS, RUNTIME: %2",_deletedLoot,(_endTime - _startTime)]);

};

//Serverside Buildings 
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\devils.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\tikhaya.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\nwaf.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\skalisty.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\cherno.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\prigindy.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\island.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\excbridge.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\GOC_LM_tubf.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\GOC_LM_wlcr.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\GOC_TE_bash.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\GOC_TE_klen.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\GOC_TE_stary.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\GOC_TE_neaf.sqf";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\GOC_TE_btcc.sqf";

..put all that buildings u wanna add into the buildings folder that u have to create !

Repack Server.pbo done!

Update:

• Trader City Stary:  The damage caused to Fortress Stary due to wanton visitors has been repaired. The traders are willing to let people back onto the metal pipeway if they behave this time. They had to narrow down the gap between the pipe walkway and the hole in the wall, you will have to duck under the gap if you want to get to the sniper platforms.

• Trader City Stary: The traders have also added a guide to my pdf files showing you how to rid the military tents in stary of both zombies and loot.
    http://www.charlatan.at/DayZ/GOC_Stary.pdf

Update:

• Trader City Stary:  The damage caused to Fortress Stary due to wanton visitors has been repaired. The traders are willing to let people back onto the metal pipeway if they behave this time. They had to narrow down the gap between the pipe walkway and the hole in the wall, you will have to duck under the gap if you want to get to the sniper platforms.

• Trader City Stary: The traders have also added a guide to my pdf files showing you how to rid the military tents in stary of both zombies and loot.

http://www.charlatan.at/DayZ/GOC_Stary.pdf

great work Charlatan.  I have one problem in stary.  the medical tent in the metal building is only suitable for midgets, lol.  It's sunken into the groupnd and only stands about 3 feet high.

How do you do this?can someone plz tell what u need to do to make ths working?

i did this first.

I called a folder "maps" in my mission.pbo.

Then i copy pasted all the stuff in that map all the files with sqf..

Then i went into my init.sqf file,And i added this .

// Ghost of Chernarus Map Pack

[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_LM_tubf.sqf";
[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_LM_wlcr.sqf";
[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_TE_bash.sqf";
[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_TE_klen.sqf";
[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_TE_stary.sqf";
[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_TE_neaf.sqf";
[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_TE_btcc.sqf";

Don't works for me weirdly..

Now i tryed something else i did it with dayz_server.pbo
I made a folder called "buildings" i copy pasted every sqf fille in it.
Then i went to my init folder > to server functions_sqf
i copy pasted this diag_log (format["CLEANUP: DELETED %1 ITEMS, RUNTIME: %2",_deletedLoot,(_endTime - _startTime)]);
};

//Serverside Buildings 

Don't works for me,what do i need to do?i hope someone can help me =/

Grtz
Joeri

Nonononono. In the server.pbo u made the buildings folder .then in the server.pbo search for server functions and ad the things u added on your init.sqf . If u run it serverside u have to put it on the server functions . On missiosn.pbo side u have to put in the stuff on the init.

@Fuchs

Thanks for your guidance work as always :>

@TwizzCD

I can't give a proper ETA, but all I can say i'm getting closer to it faster now. Of the original map-pack, only the Hero Trader needs to be created. Since I need to get a few ideas for that one, i'll likely put more work into both NPC-capable areas now.

Project Bleeding Sun (may be renamed when done) is 4 times as large all the other maps together. I'm considering adding it in parts...

Either way, I will not let you wait until it is fully optimized, because THAT will take ages. I'll definitly add it already when its working, even if not 100% optimal

EDIT:

Due to popular demand I'll add some screenshots of the complex soon, just to torture you with more anticipation ;p

How do you do this?can someone plz tell what u need to do to make ths working?

i did this first.

I called a folder "maps" in my mission.pbo.

Then i copy pasted all the stuff in that map all the files with sqf..

Then i went into my init.sqf file,And i added this .

// Ghost of Chernarus Map Pack

[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_LM_tubf.sqf";
[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_LM_wlcr.sqf";
[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_TE_bash.sqf";
[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_TE_klen.sqf";
[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_TE_stary.sqf";
[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_TE_neaf.sqf";
[] ExecVM "Maps\GOC_TE_btcc.sqf";

Don't works for me weirdly..

Now i tryed something else i did it with dayz_server.pbo
I made a folder called "buildings" i copy pasted every sqf fille in it.
Then i went to my init folder > to server functions_sqf
i copy pasted this diag_log (format["CLEANUP: DELETED %1 ITEMS, RUNTIME: %2",_deletedLoot,(_endTime - _startTime)]);
};

//Serverside Buildings 

Don't works for me,what do i need to do?i hope someone can help me =/

Grtz
Joeri

Running these files from your server.pbo is the best way to do this.  It reduces the mission file and will load much faster.

I do this a little differently then what was posted earlier..  All credit goes to Dami over at http://opendayz.net/.

Read this thread for tons of info on how to do this and other stuff.  http://opendayz.net/threads/release-zone-protection-includes-base-building-anti-theft-import.13046/

First, open each map .sqf and comment out the following code with // :

//if (isServer) then
//{

and the }; at the very bottom of your .sqf file.

//};

When you're done upload the files to your building folder.

1. Go to your dayz_server folder. 

2. Open the system folder.

3. Open up server_monitor.sqf.

Search for //Set the time block and add the following code at the end of the time block

or

search for //Stream in objects and enter the code directly above this block:

//Custom Buildings

Enter this code:

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\Buildings\yourfilename.sqf";

Change "yourfilename.sqf" to whatever you named the file.  Repeat for all the files you want to add.

Here's what I have.

////////////////////////// CUSTOM BUILDINGS ADDED /////////////////////////////////////////

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\dizibase.sqf";             // DIZI'S BASE

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\excbridge.sqf";            // Bridge

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\Barrage_Dan_BBC.sqf";      // Topolka Dam Military Base

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\BlackLac_Dan_BBC.sqf";     // Black Lake Miltary Base

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\bois1_Dan_BBC.sqf";        // Hidden Killers Ranch

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\buildings.sqf";            // Extra Charnarus Buildings 1.2

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\castle.sqf";               // The Dead Castle

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\devilscastle.sqf";         // Devils Castle Base by AVendettaForYou.

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\LieuxditPenduAto.sqf";     // Wreck Sites

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\villages.sqf";             // Epoch Trader Villages 1.2

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\GOC\GOC_LM_wlcr.sqf";  

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\GOC\GOC_TE_klen.sqf";

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\GOC\GOC_TE_stary.sqf";

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\map_updates\GOC\GOC_TE_bash.sqf";

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ive done this and it works 100% on my Epoch 1.0.2.5 server.

make sure you go back into your init file and delete the calls you entered there earlier.

I was wrong about

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\Buildings\yourfilename.sqf"; 

i dont have that line ,but the buildings were spawning right via the server.pbo using DayZ Epoch 1.0.2.5  ^_^

Hello Guys and Girls!

Just wanted to let you know, you don't have to worry about progress. The slight lack of information comes from me trying to figure out how to make the Hero Trader similarily cool, compared to Cutthroat's Corner.

As for the other two open points, these unfortunately take more work by default - Since the bases are supposed to be ready for NPCs, I have to compensate for much more things than for maps targetted for players. I have to make sure NPCs have paths they don't fall down from, and that they can reach higher / lower platforms without bugs.

It's all still under work, but creativity and npc compensation steals much time atm :O

@ ZS.Raven

Heya, thanks for your post :)

The savior here is Notepad++ even it's simple bookmarking, search and replace functions will save you a lot of time. Especially when you're looking for mistakes.

Minor optimizations however, like reducing unnecessary decimal places, have to be made manually I think. I couldn't think of a reliable algorithm since the values vary too much - if all values of the same type (coords, azimuts, etc) would have the exact same length, filling up even 0's, it'd be easy.

@ ZS.Raven

Heya, thanks for your post smile.png

The savior here is Notepad++ even it's simple bookmarking, search and replace functions will save you a lot of time. Especially when you're looking for mistakes.

Minor optimizations however, like reducing unnecessary decimal places, have to be made manually I think. I couldn't think of a reliable algorithm since the values vary too much - if all values of the same type (coords, azimuts, etc) would have the exact same length, filling up even 0's, it'd be easy.

Well, I found a reliable way to optimize automatically...Not tested to the max, yet it works so far for me. This stuff should definately not be done manually!

The keyword here is regular expressions.

Using Notepad++ for this,check "Regular Expressions" in Search Mode.

Now, lets say we have a large .sqf with a 5-digit defintion count, and use this first definition as an example:

_vehicle_1 = objNull;

if (true) then

{

_this = createVehicle ["MAP_asf2_0_2000", [1139.8907, 2393.6802, 9.5367432e-007], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_vehicle_1 = _this;

_this setDir -26.330427;

_this setPos [1139.8907, 2393.6802, 9.5367432e-007];

};

1. Replace with

_bldObj = _objNull;

Searching for this:

_vehicle_\d{1,5} = _objNull;

2. Replace with:

(empty field)

Searching for this:

_vehicle_\d{1,5} = _this;

3. Finally, of course, replacing variable "_this" with "_bldObj" should be the final and easiest part, right before removing all the empty lines left out..

10 mins work in total now - and not 4 hrs.

Hope I helped some people out there. My native language is not English, but I hope it makes sense.

EDIT: Changed "Extended" to "Regular Expressions" - doh!

@ ZS.Raven

I guess I was not clear enough when I wrote that, thanks for adding your clarifications :)

Something to add:

If you used special lines in your INIT field of the object, you'll have to move things like SetVectorUp.Currently I know no automatic way for doing that. You have to move SetVectorUp and SetVectorDirAndUp to come after any SetPos, SetPosASL or SetPosATL in the block. Any setpos line will return the Vector Rotation setting to default / the given Azimut.

Also, removing whole broken Z coordinates (numbers containing e-005) has to be done manually in my current state of knowledge, any hint is appreciated.

@ All

So early access Standalone is released on Steam. Don't you all run off now like sheeps following the shepherd ! :P