Preview: Ghost of Chernarus Epoch-Specific Map Pack

Charlatan

Yes thanks, please a little more patience still ;)

I'm working on it even right now beside typing.

For a little update: I will make ready a few smaller maps of mine, the so-called

"Structure Improvements" shortened "SI"

These are small updates to the many towns of Chernarus where often, literally, no loot spawns at all. In difference to all my other maps, the main intention of these are loot-spots.

Finished, only missing proper tests:

•  Zelenogorsk - Rehabilitation Center and Warehouse
    1x Hospital
    2. Medium Value Industrial Loot
  •  Grishino - Construction Sites
    2x High Value Industrial Loot

WIP:

Almost any small Chernarus Town that has no loot at all.

Expect the upper two to be added very soon.

Also, sorry guys but I will first finish the Hero Trader after all. Fixing all the misplacement errors in Bleeding Sun Island is a massive, dull task. I need a little break inbetween ;)

Okay dudes, the little improvements in Zelenogorsk and Grishino seem to work splendidly, probably gonna add them and maybe even further Structure Improvements today.

These two maps are very small and non too glorious, but for the small area they occupy, they are pretty detailed and unusual.

Guys help me out for a second please,

Since my new computer and the last EPOCH patch there is a lot more objects in the editor *drool*

I don't currently play Epoch and don't know if these belong here, or even work for everyone.

What I suddenly got:

German Buildings and Billboards  (aif_Billboards)

The Buildings from Taviana Map   (aif_NapfObjects)
Gravestones (FAL Signs)

Oriental Buildings (MBG_AfricanBuildings)

Modern Structures (MBG_Buildings 3)

Building Parts (MBG_Killhouses)

Anyone got an idea where they belong to ? Tell me they are part of Epoch :>

Guys help me out for a second please,

Since my new computer and the last EPOCH patch there is a lot more objects in the editor *drool*

I don't currently play Epoch and don't know if these belong here, or even work for everyone.

What I suddenly got:

German Buildings and Billboards  (aif_Billboards)

The Buildings from Taviana Map   (aif_NapfObjects)

Gravestones (FAL Signs)

Oriental Buildings (MBG_AfricanBuildings)

Modern Structures (MBG_Buildings 3)

Building Parts (MBG_Killhouses)

Anyone got an idea where they belong to ? Tell me they are part of Epoch :>

yea they belong there there just new buildings in epoch for other maps

but you can also use it in cherno i use them also in my server

Update 21.02.2014

(wow its been quite a while since this ;) )

+ First version of 2 small Structure Improvement maps: Zelenogorsk and Grishino

>> Updated the Opening Post with new Work-In-Progress !

>> Updated the pack with a better Readme File and only server-side install since its way better. (Special Thanks to Anthraxx)

>> Updated the PDF - Screenshots and Loot Type Table for the two first Structure Improvements

Small stuff to get in touch again, next update will be bigger, first time mapping again after many hours spentonly checking placement values and testing them ingame.

Update 21.02.2014   #2

+ A new feature will join this project: Phased Map Progress - If a map requires me to take a break or other maps are worked on instead, I will already add the unfinished map to the pack, but add clutter to give the impression of a ruin or construction site. Players who visit there will have an immersive effect of seeing that something is going on, before the map addition just springs out of nowhere overnight.

Charlatan, I was planning on making a bridge over to Skalisty. But I have this problem when placing bridge parts that they align with the beach when you come up to it,  the issue of course being that the bridge parts placed there completely look like crap.

Is there any way to tilt the building blogs and not have them snap to the map?

You actually inspired me to do my own little modifications. :)

Heya Fisk !

Yeah I totally hate that aligning with the ground and of course have a proper weapon to battle it.

=> Recommended: If you want to simply force the object to stand straight, put this in the INIT field:

this setVectorUp [0,0,1];

Explanation: This will force the object's "UP" direction exactly upwards, as in, the Z coordinate.

=> If you know how to use vector coordinates and force-rotate the object EXACTLY to the point you want, no matter which:

this setVectorDirAndUp [[x,y,z],[x,y,z]];

Explanation: The first data field here is the FACING DIRECTION, basically a more advanced version of the AZIMUT in the Editor. The second is the UP Axis of the object, as above in setVectorUp

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Don't be confused that the object tilts wrong when you click and move it, that's normal, the INIT field won't apply then, it will still look tilted wrong, you'll see it's "true" state when you press Restart on the Map, or Save.

PS: I will also build a bridge there at some point, tell me where yours is located so our maps don't collide =)