Preview: Ghost of Chernarus Epoch-Specific Map Pack

Charlatan

Good to hear everything goes smooooooth.

I'm soon finished with the further optimizations gonna update the pack as soon as it is done. Especially The Boneyard, Trader Enhancement: Klen, Trader Enhancement: Bash and The Unburied are significantly smaller and simpler files, while keeping the same amount of Detail and Objects  :) Next is Stary, after Stary is done, nothing stands in my way to prepare the NPC-ready bases for you.

=> The server admin of our own server asked me to create additional Loot-Spots in the small and mostly empty villages scattered around Chernarus (except those at the coast). Would you guys be interested in that aswell?

Current content of that:

Zelenogorsk: 1x Hospital 2x Medium Value Industrial

Grishino: 2x Medium Value Industrial 5x Low Value Industrial

@ Scenic

If you have safezones installed with the normal settings, the radius will be somewhat smaller than the new wooden platforms, it won't protect the large main platform with the campfire for example.

That also applies to the trader city trigger that prevents logout etc.

Heya Scenic,

I have some general info for you, tho I have to add I never used the actual Safezone script ;)

1.)

.biedi files and the .sqf files Arma2 created from the Editor won't work in this case. The problem is - the following EDITOR objects are not really fit for DayZ:

=> Trigger Objects

=> Unit (Soldier) Objects

=> Groups

=> Centers

=> Map Location Markers

=> Waypoints

It is of course possible to have them on your server, but not in a simple "map addition" .sqf

2.)

If you have a safezone script it probably consists of the following parts:

1. A trigger with a certain radius placed at each Trader City
  2. A message given to players when they enter
  3. A repeating script that protects them once they enter
  4. An initial script that creates all mentioned above at server start.
  5. An entry in your init.sqf that starts the initial script.

What we have to find is Nr. 4., a .sqf file aswell. In there, it'll be a simple matter of finding the radius and changing it.

If you could point me at the SafeZone Script your server uses, I'm sure I can help.

@ karamell

What xD ? My map causes the Food Trader to run amok? That sure is something interesting to add in my "Reported Bugs" list!

I'll take a look ASAP but honestly, I have no idea how that can be, my maps don't change NPCs at all.

You only have this problem with Bash, and only the Food Trader?

@ everyone

Trader City Stary is well on the way, I hope to be able to add it before the Weekend, but first i'll have to check this Bash issue.

@ karamell

are you sure this is caused by my map? The Bash Light Version is running on our server since over a month, never seen any issues o_o

@ Scenic

only had time for a quick look, but I don't recognize any positioning / radius in this script. It probably takes them from the mission.sqm defined trader zones.

Try changing these in the mission.sqm, it's after the line class Sensors.  Each block is an own trigger for one trader city  a=   and b= are the "radius" (size) 

position[]=  is the grid position that also the Editor .biedi and .sqf files use

EDIT:

A quick google shows your script uses this: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1490-safezone-god-mode-for-all-trading-posts/?p=10283

It

This has the same position data mentioned above, and if you scroll down, you'll see expCond="(player distance Aircraft_safezone) < 100;";

That defines the radius in this case. The condition is that the player is less than 100m away from the location of the Aircraft_safezone trigger object