Preview: Ghost of Chernarus Epoch-Specific Map Pack

Charlatan

@ sk827015

Actually working on that already ;) it's a lot of stuff to trim though.

What would you rather keep, the protective walls all around the field, or the concrete landing strip itself?

Planes could still land on the grass, tho it's  lot easier to steer onto the conrete landing line.

The biggest amount of objects in NEAF - The Boneyard   is the grass-cutting objects and the scrap fortress barrier to the east.

• 2 weeks later...

jawdrop.gif

let me put my jaw back together here...

Awesome work man, I tried to do a large 1.5km² water base, but I gave up, I just didn't have the knowledge to keep it clean and the performance dropped massively. Thank god for guys like you who share their own hard work for free. If I end up using your work I'll def. give you proper credits on our site/server.

Can't wait !

i have a question plz.

how ( where)  i  must disable the standard trader? 

well i have this problem in stary i can´t go in to the trader.  2 traders in one :P

in german:

wie und wo kann ich den stock trader ausschalten damit der hier angebotene trader nicht von dem stocktrader überlagert wird. weil momentan hab ich 2 trader in stary und kann so nicht rein.

Hello Chucky_xxl !

in english:

This problem cannot be related to my raw maps, they don't change the trader npcs themselves, probably the problem lies elsewhere o:

in german:

Dieses problem kann nicht mit meinen reinen maps verbunden sein, da diese die trader NPCs selbst nicht verändern, eventuell liegt das problem wo anders!  o:

Dudes, I have had a request of a player who uses some different kind of server, without .pbo files.

Custom map additions don't seem to work there. Does anybody have experience with this?

The server consists of this:

http://puu.sh/6t59i.png

http://puu.sh/6t5bh.png

I have Vilayer as a provider.  With them you do not .PBO your files.  the server does that every restart.  They have a section where you do your mods and they take it from there.

How vilayer works"

Some servers require you to unpack or pack your server files every time you work on them, then upload them to the server.

Vilayer lets you work on the unpacked files and upload them to the corresponding dir where they will be repacked during each restart.

We are mainly concerned with 2 dir as far as updating to a new version goes. "\vilayercodecustom\dayz_epoch\" AND "\vilayercodecustom\missions"

Almost all the changes you'd ever have to make are done here.  The main folder we want to look in for these 2 dir is: "vilayercodecustom"

The installation is the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help people with installations xBowBii  !

Other tasks and certain stress is hindering my progress slightly at the moment.The issue with objects being misplaced only ingame, while looking fine in the editor, unfortunately seems to persist for any maps saved with the Editor including an Epoch Version of 1.03 and higher.

In short, I have this issue in my large project aswell, and have to fix it by hand. A lot of my time goes into fixing the existing objects atm. :angry:

Anyway due to lack of information here's a little status update:

What I'm currently working on:

- Fixing the positioning problems introduced recently (lots of work)

- Finishing the last remaining platform of Bleeding Sun Island (medium work)

- Finishing "Hellhole" / Devil's Castle Outpost (medium work)

- Brainstorming for Hero Trader afterwards. (easy work)

What recently finished:

Bleeding Sun Island is now distinctly seperated into 5 large concrete platforms containing different structures:

=> Harbor Platform - Lowest platform, smallest platform, has structures related to logistics, defense, an air tower.

=> Main Platform - Average Height, largest platform, has civil structures, worker homes, a large research-center like structure, industrial buildings, connects to all other platforms

=> Industrial Platform - Average Height, seperated in two parts, heavily ruined, with fires, corpses, debries, non-direct paths, cover, many possibilities to add snipers, second path a ruined harbor

=> The Blockade - A very small part, not really an own platform, inbetween the Main Platform and the Command Platform, heavily defended, a kind of "Last Stand" barricade

WIP:

=> Command Platform - The final platform, somewhat smaller, heavily defended, many spots for hidden caches, guarded against any possible air attack

The question is: Do you guys want Screenshots ? Screenshots are spoilers~ 

^^

Well there is this one part in me that is like ...... Oh My Gooooood i want screenshooooooots!!!!!!!!!! but then i think i will go even more crazy when you are actually releasing it ;)

I really think that it will be the Crownjuwel of your map additions and i will be happy as a cake when you will release it finally ;) Also if you should need help with Chest spawns, AI setups or so i could help you with that.....

So i really think that Bleeding Sun should be your main focus, as i think it will instantly be the best thing out there and i hope you get over the problems and you can release it soon :)

Awesome work , Gute Arbeit and ciao :D