Preview: Ghost of Chernarus Epoch-Specific Map Pack

Charlatan

Heya Revoplay,

Thanks for pointing out these things - more people asked for this, I was about to add a changed sqf already but didn't get to it ;)

GOC.rar will be updated in a few minutes with the following:

• Klen: Floating chests fixed
  • Added The Boneyard - With loot in the additional barracks to the Alternatives  folder
  • Added Trader Enhancement Klen - Without Fuel Pump to the Alternatives folder

PS: Bandit Trader Overhaul almost finished, coming soon. Still waiting for permission to use the epoch wooden floors tho, may have to remove the Bandit Spot again later :/

Is it possible to change the position of the barrack at the NE Airfield to the South East side of the Airfield? While so on many Servers the Barrack will be in a Safezone and everybody can loot without any fear. 
Maybe only for the "The Boneyard - With loot in the additional barracks" Version.

Hello People,

the Bandit Trader Overhaul "Cutthroat's Corner" is done ! It comes with:

=> Open Bar & Lounge, a Grilling / Sheesha terrace

=> Stick Fences against the Zombies at the Barn near the Trader NPC

=> A small racetrack for ATVs  :D

The GOC.rar will be updated any minute now.

Pictures etc are included in the GOC.pdf link, but here's also a smaller PDF with only the new place:

http://www.charlatan.at/DayZ/GOC_CC.pdf

Very good job Dude!!! We tested the 100% additions. But there is one important issue: The frame rate drops about 20-30 FPS at the new areas and also the overall server performance dropped down. To Your information during testing Your great additions there where only 3 players online.

We would really enjoy Your pack but at this moment players with "average machines" can not play the map with this additions. We have a lot of Players that are playing with 20 FPS at the vanilla map.

We would like to donate You if it would be possible to raise the performance.

Keep on Your good work!

Hello Bones!

First, let me say that, for players having trouble running the game with decent FPS, I'm already working on lighter versions of all my maps, featuring much less objects.  :]

But, you're the first to report server performance drops, so we'll have to investigate why they happen!

To the server performance:

Do you use my maps in the server file or in the mission file?

Theoretically, in the mission file, map updates with only normal buildings should never directly harm your server performance, as almost all objects are client-sided, not server sided.

All my tests were done with the mission file, too. Our server ran without any maps for 4 days, then again with all maps. The server load, FPS and performance was always the same in this time.

To the player performance:

I cannot directly help players with performance trouble in vanilla situations : /

With 20 average FPS in vanilla Chernarus, it is very difficult to compensate any additions. Players with this base performance will have trouble building large bases or playing in large towns. Of course, detailed areas like my maps will also tax them a bit, but it should never be such a massive FPS loss you described. According to my own tests and reports I received, my maps should at maximum tax your FPS the same as your average Chernarus town.

Maybe Launch Parameters can help you, I for example use these, they make the game use all 4 cores of a Quad-Core CPU and increase the available memory.

-high -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -maxmem=4096

Thanks for Your answers.

We use Your maps in the mission file like it is described in Your readme. With my machine it was still playable. I had 50 FPS with Your maps without between 70 and 90 FPS.

But the performance drop I described happened not only in Your new areas but everywhere.

The "normal" performance drop like in Cherno ends if You leave Cherno. The described drop didn´t disappear leaving the new areas.

We will do further testing and report back.

Trader Enhancement Bash will be done soon.

@Bones

A global drop of 20-40 FPS Server-wide is indeed serious. Never heard of such a massive drop before when adding simple objects to a server, or even proper scripts!

The only comparable, but much smaller FPS drop I know of is when using the advanced AI capabilities of SargeAI to the maximum.

I'm curious how the further tests will come out!

@Gagi2

Thanks for the clarification Gagi2, but we're trying to find out what helps, not what doesn't :P  For me, these parameters move horrible (7-14) to nice(40-70)

The start parameter -high sets your game to a high priority process in your CPU at start, you could do this in task manager aswell, but who cares to go through that everytime?

The update for Trader Bash will be delayed a bit, added in the course week. Using many of the epoch wooden floors on it, I personally run into FPS losses there while testing it.

They are still minimal, but its the first of my maps that gives me any FPS losses at all. That won't do.

Thanks for the report Revoplay, could you give me three further infos?

=> are you using the mission file, or the server file?

=> how many players were online at each test, was it always the same amount of players?

=> What kind of server do you have, is it from Nitrado etc. ?

Our server is a regular Nitrado Server with 40 slots. It shows no change in Server FPS after adding the maps, and I'd like to find out how to give yours (and others) the same benefit, or at least find out where this difference comes from.

:>

Hm, that's really strange.

Our server is very likely weaker than yours, yet look at these results we monitored:

Nitrado Gameserver 40-Slot with default options

First Test -  1 Player, 4 Hours, Vanilla Epoch:

Average FPS after fresh start: 50

Average FPS near next restart: 49

Highest FPS: 50

Lowest FPS: 42

Second Test -  1 Player, 4 Hours, Epoch with all my maps, no other scripts or mods.

Average FPS after fresh start: 50

Average FPS near next restart: 47

Highest FPS: 50

Lowest FPS: 42

Third Test - Aproxx. 22 Players, 24 hours, Vanilla Epoch:

Average FPS after fresh start: 35

Average FPS near next restart: 11

Highest FPS: 39

Lowest FPS: 7

Fourth Test - Aproxx. 22 Players, 24 hours, Epoch with all my maps, no other scripts or mods.

Average FPS after fresh start: 35

Average FPS near next restart: 10

Highest FPS: 38

Lowest FPS: 7

Oh hi guys, sorry for the delay ;)

Been a bit lost in BF4 and in additional optimization of the maps => I'm currently optimizing all of them to the maximum extent of my current knowledge. Until now, that was only the case for Willow Lake Castle Ruin. Now for the rest, Depending on the map, File Size and initial server load when starting up and loading my sqfs decreased by up to 20%.

Optimization of all maps except The Boneyard is finished - as you may guess, that one's still a hell lot of work.

Trader City Bash finished just yesterday, I'm on optimization and testing right now. It turned out quite eccentric, either way both the finished Bash and a Light Version will be included - the Light Version is simply the map as it is now, with only blockades and camo nets. Expect the update with as-optimized-as-I-currently-know maps and Trader City Bash tomorrow or on thursday. I know you're waiting for that possibilities to add an NPC outpost, but luxury things come after that :P

I'll be curious about your opinions of Bash. Personally, I somehow don't really like it, but I cannot point out why. This one does actually offer to move the Traders to new spots included, but... well you'll see :P