Preview: Ghost of Chernarus Epoch-Specific Map Pack

Charlatan

@ peipo118    &    @ xBowBii

Great ! Indeed, I'd need help there, with the following things:

1. How to add Locations and Triggers to an Epoch Server without causing it to skip the related .sqf file (maps containing triggers and locations dont load)

2. How to configure NPCs into two states: Stationary (24/7 standing guard at the same spot)  and Premade Patrol Routes.

@ Everyone

If you are interested, here's a pack of Preview Screenshots of Bleeding Sun Island. Possible Spoilers for those who want to take it on in full danger !

http://www.charlatan.at/DayZ/GOC_BSI_Preview.rar

Note that B.S.I. is heavy WIP and things can change a lot.

So i can answer both of your questions :P  
1. The triggers / markers have to be done in the mission.sqm file (under sensors for the triggers and under markers for the markers). Also for markers you can run a seperate .sqf script that just spawns the marker in.

I put an example of each thing here :

class Item10
        {
            position[]={7289.37,0.001,14133.4};
            a=100;
            b=100;
            activationBy="ANY";
            type="SWITCH";
            repeating=1;
            interruptable=1;
            age="UNKNOWN";
            name="";
            expCond="(vehicle player) in thislist;";
            expActiv="siren1 = [] execVM ""base"";";
            expDesactiv="terminate siren1; titleText [""You left the Base."", ""PLAIN DOWN"", 3];"; //for example
            class Effects
            {
                titleType="TEXT";
                titleEffect="PLAIN DOWN";
                title="Entering  Base!"; //for example
            };
        }; 
 SO this would be a trigger playing a sound when entering a certain base that is set to 100 by 100 . (Code with modifications from The Fuchs)

A Marker in mission.sqm would look like this :
class Item19
{
position[]={13727.9,0.001,2921.88};
name="SomeNameHere";
text="";
type="mil_dot"; //--> you can change the marker shape here
colorName="ColorBlue"; //---> the color is pretty obvious :P
};

You need to pay attention to higher the number of markers/sensors if you add a new item :

class Markers
{
items=22;

Or you could create a seperate .sqf file with a marker like this in it :

sector_ = createMarker ["sector", [9485,12853]];
sector_ setMarkerText "Bleeding Sun";
sector_ setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
sector_ setMarkerType "Flag";
sector_ setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
sector_ setMarkerBrush "Horizontal";
sector_ setMarkerSize [200,200];
sector= _sector;

and then all the script from init.sqf.
2. With Sarge AI you can set the AI up to fortify (hold position) or to patrol around. For WAI the static AI will always patrol around in different directions, scanning the Area. Setting a specific patrol route is not included in the AI systems that i know but maybe someone else might know more about that....

Sry saw a mistake it has to be like this ofcourse : 

_sector = createMarker ["sector", [9485,12853]];
_sector setMarkerText "Bleeding Sun";
_sector setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE";
_sector setMarkerType "Flag";
_sector setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
_sector setMarkerBrush "Horizontal";
_sector setMarkerSize [200,200];
sector= _sector;

@ peipo118    &    @ xBowBii

Great ! Indeed, I'd need help there, with the following things:

1. How to add Locations and Triggers to an Epoch Server without causing it to skip the related .sqf file (maps containing triggers and locations dont load)

2. How to configure NPCs into two states: Stationary (24/7 standing guard at the same spot)  and Premade Patrol Routes.

@ Everyone

If you are interested, here's a pack of Preview Screenshots of Bleeding Sun Island. Possible Spoilers for those who want to take it on in full danger !

http://www.charlatan.at/DayZ/GOC_BSI_Preview.rar

Note that B.S.I. is heavy WIP and things can change a lot.

OMG this looks epic! 1 question tho, how do you get everything so straight? tried building a waterbase myself but all the platforms and such bend after placing and saving. I even tried finding the most "flat" underwater terrain i could but to no avail. Anyways keep up the good work and i know this is gonna be FREAKING EPIC once it comes out. Take your time!

Unfortunately no data yet ! If my map pack HAS an impact on your server FPS, expect B.S.I. to have another ~33% of that

Heya Sofabear, it's a simple script line in the object's INIT field in the editor: this setVectorUp[0,0,1];

Thanks! Your map pack inspired me to try it out and i buildt this a while ago.

Alright, 

I've ran into a problem with this in combination with Wicked AI.

The problem is that since the buildings are loaded server-side, the AI will shoot through buildings and hit players.

Thus, is there an easy way to load these server-side instead so as to make the AI not use h4x :)

Alright, 

I've ran into a problem with this in combination with Wicked AI.

The problem is that since the buildings are loaded server-side, the AI will shoot through buildings and hit players.

Thus, is there an easy way to load these server-side instead so as to make the AI not use h4x :)

Aaaaah crap, so that old problem is back indeed... I was wondering.

it's not a 100% sure proof, but I can say one thing: on the server of my teamspeak community it was always Mission File Sided  until now and fact is, it never yet happened that NPCs shoot through buildings. May be coincidence still.

These builds are simly spectacular! Though I got one problem.

I added in willow lake and hero trader areas and it all loads, but gives me an error that i cany play this mission due to deleted content "aif_arma1buildings" i think it iwas, though it didn let me in regardless, its just very unsettling to have that pop up every time....

These builds are simly spectacular! Though I got one problem.

I added in willow lake and hero trader areas and it all loads, but gives me an error that i cany play this mission due to deleted content "aif_arma1buildings" i think it iwas, though it didn let me in regardless, its just very unsettling to have that pop up every time....

Heya tkdmaster !

Don't be alarmed, the error message you get is harmless. It is caused by the Hero Trader:     GOC_TE_HTLH.sqf

Oddly enough, I get "Deleted Content" error messages about "pook_h13" either way - even when I log into my server newly installed and vanilla. It seems to be related to the new .pbo files added in the recent patch.

The error you get comes from me using 2 buildings from the new Epoch .pbo adding buildings from Arma1. They work ingame without any issues though !