Preview: Ghost of Chernarus Epoch-Specific Map Pack

Charlatan

Hm acglchris  could you write down step-by-step what you did with your server file while setting it up with mods?

I just saw I get errors while logging in, missed them earlier since I was afk during loading screen.

Mostly, your server-file prevents the server from authenticating, with random exceptions.

Alright, pretty simple: I have the files, I know how to edit my serverfunctions. I use vilayer. Through vilayer, I can access the folders "@Dayz_Epoch", "@DayzEpochServer and "VilayerCodeCustom". That last one is what vilayer uses to allow me to easily manage everything, so my server folder is Dayz_Epoch and my missions is Epoch_Chernarus [Might be slightly off but you know what I'm getting at]. Where is the best place to place these files or where do i need to place them. just a little confused. I realize I will have to change the source when I'm adding stuff into my serverfunctions. Thanks.

Btw. i tried to add you on skype, charlatan, no answer. 

Alright, pretty simple: I have the files, I know how to edit my serverfunctions. I use vilayer. Through vilayer, I can access the folders "@Dayz_Epoch", "@DayzEpochServer and "VilayerCodeCustom". That last one is what vilayer uses to allow me to easily manage everything, so my server folder is Dayz_Epoch and my missions is Epoch_Chernarus [Might be slightly off but you know what I'm getting at]. Where is the best place to place these files or where do i need to place them. just a little confused. I realize I will have to change the source when I'm adding stuff into my serverfunctions. Thanks.

Btw. i tried to add you on skype, charlatan, no answer. 

Are you sure you have the right skype contact ? I have no pending requests and invitations.

Username: The Charlatan

Email: [email protected]

As for Vilayer, that's problematic, had only two cases of Vilayer yet including yours and not enough feedback to learn how to make custom maps work there. We need someone experienced with vilayer using custom maps to provide info !

• 2 weeks later...

ive tried to install this awesome map pack with no luck.  tried it on mission pbo side and server side following the instructions here and it still doesnt work.  made a "map" folder, first and put it in the mission pbo then added the []execVM to bottom of init.sqf didnt work.  i then removed all the []execVM from init file and the "map" folder.  tried adding the "map" folder to my server pbo, then opened my server_monitor.sqf, looked for the line //stream objects... added the call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\...sqf", lines for all maps i was using above the //stream objects, repacked both pbo's using pbo manager making sure both had the "prefix z\addons\dayz_server" FTP'd them to my server, restarted server, got in game and nothing had changed not a single addition was made to the map and my RPT log i've included.  hopefully someone can help me out and tell me what im doing wrong?

RPT file:

Version 1.62.103718
Item STR_EPOCH_BULK_DESC_MP5SD listed twice
Item STR_ACTIONS_BUILD listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice
Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins/
Updating base class ->DestructionEffects, by ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/
Updating base class ->FlagCarrierCore, by ca\ca_pmc\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FlagCarrier/
Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/14Rnd_FFAR/
Updating base class ->PistolCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Pistol/
Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/RocketPods/
Updating base class ->RocketPods, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/FFARLauncher/
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemCore/
Updating base class ->Citizen, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1/
Updating base class ->SkodaBase, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/car_sedan/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Fire/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_A_tent/
Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACamp/
Updating base class ->Car, by ca\wheeled2\lada\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Lada_base/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Small_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street2_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_PowLines_Conc2L_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_2/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_3/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind_zebr/
Updating base class RscStandardDisplay->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscShortcutButtonMain, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Exit/
Updating base class RscText->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscTitles/Default/
Updating base class zZombie_Base->zZombie_new_Base, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/z_villager1/
Updating base class zZombie_Base->zZombie_new_Base, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/z_worker1/
Updating base class Soldier_Crew_PMC->Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SurvivorW2_DZ/
Updating base class HighCommand->Logic, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HighCommandSubordinate/
Updating base class ->ViewOptics, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class HouseBase->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class NonStrategic->BuiltItems, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Fort_RazorWire/
Updating base class MeleeHatchet->MeleeWeapon, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgWeapons/MeleeCrowbar/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/29Rnd_30mm_AGS30/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/48Rnd_40mm_MK19/
Updating base class 4000Rnd_762x51_M134->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/2000Rnd_762x51_M134/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/100Rnd_127x99_M2/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM/
Updating base class Hatchet_Swing->Melee_Swing, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/crowbar_swing/
Updating base class CA_Magazine->Melee_Swing, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/Hatchet_Swing/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air2\mv22\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MV22/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air2\uh1y\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNet_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNet_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNetB_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNetB_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_1L_Noentry, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Sign_1L_Noentry_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_circle, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helper_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons_baf\config.bin/cfgWeapons/BAF_AS50_scoped/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M60A4_EP1/
Updating base class ->M249, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M249_EP1/
Updating base class ->M249, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M249_m145_EP1/
Updating base class ->m107, by ca\weapons_e\m107\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m107_TWS_EP1/
Updating base class ->M240, by ca\weapons_e\m240\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m240_scoped_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Refuel_TK_GUE_EP1/
Updating base class House->DZE_OpenHouse, by warehouse\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Ind_Pec_03/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_e\ah6j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH6_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air_e\an2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/An2_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->CH47_base_EP1, by ca\air_e\ch47\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CH_47F_EP1/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air_e\uh1h\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Crew_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_TL_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_L_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_L_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_Officer_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_Officer_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Merlin_HC3_D/
Error: Audio - enumeration output devices failed.
Warning: Audio device creation failed, attempt to create default audio:
SamplesPerSec: 44100, channels: 2, bitsPerSample: 16
Audio device successfully created with default settings.
Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon_amovpercmstpsraswpstdnon
Warning: looped for animation: ca\anims\characters\data\anim\sdr\mov\erc\wlk\non\non\amovpercmwlksnonwnondf.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmrunsnonwbindf_rfl
"DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[L 1-1-A:1 REMOTE],any]"
"DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
UH1Y_DZE: ObsTurret - unknown animation source ObsTurret
UH1Y_DZE: ObsGun - unknown animation source ObsGun
AH6X_DZ: FLIR_turret - unknown animation source FLIR_turret
AH6X_DZ: FLIR_gun - unknown animation source FLIR_gun
Fresnel k must be >0, given n=0.8,k=0
Fresnel k must be >0, given n=0.8,k=0
Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayClientGetReady/controls/B_Cancel
Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayClientGetReady/controls/B_Continue
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\compass.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 863, 853, 852
"DEBUG: loadscreen guard started."
Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_TE_bash.sqf not found
Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_TE_btcc.sqf not found
Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_TE_htlh.sqf not found
Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_TE_klen.sqf not found
Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_TE_neaf.sqf not found
Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_TE_stary.sqf not found
"Res3tting B!S effects..."
"DAYZ: CLIENT IS RUNNING DAYZ_CODE "1.0.4.2""

HELP:(

Hello velvetchaos381 !

Woah, you shouldnt need the server_monitor.sqf at all, nor edit existing code.

The file you need is server_functions.sqf in dayz_server/init/server_functions.sqf

Suggested Installation is:

1. Unpack dayz_server.pbo

2. Create a new folder in the resulting  dayz_server  folder and call it however you want, in this example its  Maps

3. Put the maps you want into the folder

4. Go to the   init   folder inside your   dayz_server   folder, find   server_functions.sqf  and open it with a text editing tool, preferably Notepad++

5. At the very end, add the following lines.

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_LM_tubf.sqf";

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_LM_wlcr.sqf";

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_TE_bash.sqf";

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_TE_btcc.sqf";

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_TE_htlh.sqf";

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_TE_klen.sqf";

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_TE_neaf.sqf";

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_TE_stary.sqf";

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_SI_Grishino";

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Maps\GOC_SI_Zelenogorsk";

Only use the lines of the maps you used / want ofc.

Arghh...i was following Ventana's post #138...

"First, open each map .sqf and comment out the following code with // :

//if (isServer) then
//{

and the }; at the very bottom of your .sqf file.

//};

When you're done upload the files to your building folder.

1. Go to your dayz_server folder. 

2. Open the system folder.

3. Open up server_monitor.sqf.

Search for //Set the time block and add the following code at the end of the time block

or

search for //Stream in objects and enter the code directly above this block:

//Custom Buildings
Enter this code:

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\Buildings\yourfilename.sqf";

Change "yourfilename.sqf" to whatever you named the file.  Repeat for all the files you want to add.  
Ive done this and it works 100% on my Epoch 1.0.2.5 server...."

I also tried this in the server_functions.sqf just like was outlined by Charlatan and it didnt work.  ive tried it with the "[] execVM" and just "execVM"  at the very bottom of my server_functions.sqf and when my server loads, nothing is changed.  i cant figure out whats wrong.  ive tried cpbo, pbo manager and eleteness to pack my pbo's and all 3 have the same result....it doesnt work.  so i have no idea what im doing wrong. 

here is a link to my server and mission pbo's

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dfea0bix0hprduy/XPxAtNmozx

maybe someone can figure out what the problem is?

thanks

EDIT:

ok, I have tried every method mentioned on this forum to get this script to work and finally got it to work but, not using any method listed here.  Heres how i got it to work.  I took each seperate .sqf and removed them from the folder "Maps" because for some reason, when I had them in the folder, nothing worked.  I then placed all the .sqf files inside my mission pbo.  then under the "if (!isDedicated) then {"  I did this:

if (!isDedicated) then {
    execVM "GOC_TE_stary.sqf";
    execVM "GOC_TE_bash.sqf",
    execVM "GOC_TE_btcc.sqf",
    execVM "GOC_TE_htlh.sqf",
    execVM "GOC_TE_klen.sqf",
    execVM "GOC_TE_neaf.sqf",
    //Conduct map operations
    0 fadeSound 0;
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

Ive gotten no errors from my RPT log and I have logged in and out of my server, shut it down and restarted 10 times and every new map addition is on my server and running stable so far.  I dont know why any of the other methods didnt work except this one.  Not sure if it makes a difference, but my server host is Survival Servers.

So, not sure if this is the "correct" way to do it but it seems to be working for me.

Now, if I could get build snapping, evac heli, heli tow and lift and a few other scripts to work...I would be a happy camper!   :wub:

Thanks

Thanks for the descriptions of how you solved it velvetchaos381 !

I must say that's new to me. I'll look into it to find out why it would have to be placed under this condition in your case.

Being dedicated didn't proof a problem until now. Our old server was dedicated too and worked fine.

I also wanted to let you guys know I found solutions to the last remaining problems with BSI.

All thats left now is adjusting the sqfs one by one to work ingame and hoping there won't appear similar issues as the unexplainable setPosASL misplacement afterwards :)

Only the last Platform (Command Platform) is not yet done in editing work. But that can follow.

This also includes two possibilities to enter the place from water. One is lacking, the other works fine.

• 3 weeks later...

There, someone wants this project to develop no more. A production error in a GPU crashed my whole system, production files of anything recent were all lost.

Rerolling Backup, gotta reverse-optimize some maps to Editor Format again.

The faulty card was a Radeon R9 280X TOXIC and I am by far not the only one. It's riddled with the exact same errors for many people.

Radeon has always had really nice quality but this single series i'd keep my hands off.

Update - 16.05.2014

Okay, the first platform of Bleeding Sun Island (Harbor Area) was finally made compatible with the servers.

Four more are to follow in regular intervals.

Here will be the files for testing purposes:

http://www.charlatan.at/DayZ/GOC_BSI.rar

KNOWN ISSUES

• The ladders at the harbor loading bay are too low and cannot be used from below
  • 4 Objects: 2x Pier Platform, 2x CnCBlock Wall  are misplaced for unknown reasons. They are seperated in the .sqf as "Problematic Objects"
  • 2 Transport containers in the loading bay are floating
  • Loot Boxes temporarily disabled as they cause errors
  • The walls around the industrial hangar clip a bit
  • Overlapping model faces near the stairs upwards

This is the code of the first loot pack, optimized as all the rest.

But I think bldObj doesn't allow an Inventory.

With this, the server doesn't start.

Investigating still.

_bldObj = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _bldObj = createVehicle ["DZ_TerminalPack_EP1", [14689.126, 6273.2686, 3.6345804], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _bldObj setDir 3.75;
  _bldObj setPosASL [14689.126, 6273.2686, 6.30];
  _bldObj setVectorUp [0,4,1];
  _bldObj addMagazineCargo [""ItemBandage"", 5];
  _bldObj addMagazineCargo [""ItemPainkiller"", 5];
  _bldObj addMagazineCargo [""ItemHeatpack"", 5];
};

Oh BTW, testing the Bleeding Sun Island, i've seen taht there is missing a part of the island i think.

There is some sort of "bridge" going up with lights on it, but lead to nothing

Yes, this is only platform 01 / 05 as said above.

Edited the post to clarify ^^

I get some error if i put that Heroe Trader Stuff in - aif_arma2buildings or kinda like that.

Mission Dowloadable content blabla.

I removed the AIF Buildings but it seems that they are really usefull and some buildings just floating in air now

I get some error if i put that Heroe Trader Stuff in - aif_arma2buildings or kinda like that.

Mission Dowloadable content blabla.

I removed the AIF Buildings but it seems that they are really usefull and some buildings just floating in air now

The error message is cosmetical only don't worry. The included Readme has a guide how to fix it !