blckeagls' AI Mission - Version 2.0.2 Release (1/2/2015)

blckeagls

@ Mr.SkyNet:

Thank you for alerting me to this issue. For now, I have reverted the vehicleMonitor.sqf to the older version which seemed to function properly. The difference between the older and new (bugged) version is that the latter searched to see which unit was closest and assigned that one to the static weapon. I have updated the Github with this revised build.

testing this out on my test server the ai on all missions seem a bit dumb they are not responding to my shots (AI kill) from about 700m further so anyone sniping at say 1000m will have no issue with AI engaging them. I added more AI kill detection distances to see if that helped but it didnt

blck_AIAlertDistance = [100,150,225,300,400,500,510,520,530,540,550,560,570,580,590,600,610,620,630,640,650,660,670,680,690,700,710,720,730,740,750,760,770,780,790,800,810,820,830,840,850,860,870,880,890,900,910,920,930,940,950,960,970,980,990,1000,1010,1020,1030,1040,1050];

I am probably missing something out here any help plz?

if you set blck_AIAlertDistance = [800,800,800,800] for example, the AI will hone in on you if you are within 800 meters. The values are for the Blue, Red, Green and Orange missions, respectively. Also, increasing accuracy and spot time values will make them more challenging at a distance.

so if i go e.g 1000,1000,1000,1000 they should hone in on me right

This is what i did for all colour missions:

["spotDistance",0.90],
["spotTime",0.90],

So they should be bang on.

Question: The way i did it with the multiple distance does that break the AiAlertDistance? 

so if i go e.g 1000,1000,1000,1000 they should hone in on me right

This is what i did for all colour missions:

["spotDistance",0.90],
["spotTime",0.90],

So they should be bang on.

Question: The way i did it with the multiple distance does that break the AiAlertDistance? 

Yes, setting

AiAlertDistance =[1000,1000,1000,1000];

shoud greatly improve their ability to find you. Increasing spot distance and spot time to 0.9 or 1 will also help greatly. I had turned down accuracy a good bit based on player feedback on our servers as players felt the AI had the equivalent of aimbots on the higher accuracy settings which I suppose is indeed correct.

You did not break the AiAlertDistance by adding additional parameters to that array.  In the AIKilled script the array is search for items 1 through 4 for the distance for missions blue - orange. Additional entries into that array are ignored. I will be interested to learn if you experience a performance penalty by increasing the Alert Distance that much.

Noob here, set up my first epoc server,

it was running fine, added the mission files as detailed in the orginal post and then replaced all of the BE files with the ones included in the zip aswell.

Anytime i try to join the server i get the following in the scripts log and i get kicked from the server

20.04.2015 13:44:47: Kajun (IP ADDRESS) ID - #0 "cDisplayLoading",'Loading'] call (uinamespace getvariable 'BIS_fnc_initDisplay')"

Any suggestions, noob to Arma 3 Servers.
Thanks!

Hey Ghostrider, the mission markers are kinda screwy. They seem to only work on a timer, and not on distance to crate (like they used to), or all AI dead. I haven't spent much time looking into the script fully, but are you planning a fix for that any time in the future?

Love the changes you have implemented so far though. Well done!!

Hi just letting you know the server did not suffer any fps loss when setting to 1000,1000,1000,1000

Players on live server are saying the missions are taking to long to spawn or not at all. This is what i have the mission timers set as. Do you think i am setting this to high?

blck_TMin_Major = 900;
blck_TMin_Major2 = 900;
blck_TMin_Minor = 600;
blck_TMin_Minor2 = 600;

//Maximum Spawn time between missions in seconds
blck_TMax_Major = 950;
blck_TMax_Major2 = 950;
blck_TMax_Minor = 650;
blck_TMax_Minor2 = 650;

// spawn timers now run for each mission type using parameters specific for that type
//blck_AISpawnTime = 1; //Time in seconds

Also just incase the only other thing i have changed was:

//sm1.sqf

waitUntil{{isPlayer _x && _x distance _crate < 10 && vehicle _x == _x  } count playableunits > 1};
[_endMsg] call blck_MessagePlayers;
[_objects, blck_aiCleanUpTimer] call blck_cleanupObjects;
MissionGoMajor2 = true;  //was false

Hi just letting you know the server did not suffer any fps loss when setting to 1000,1000,1000,1000

Players on live server are saying the missions are taking to long to spawn or not at all. This is what i have the mission timers set as. Do you think i am setting this to high?

blck_TMin_Major = 900;
blck_TMin_Major2 = 900;
blck_TMin_Minor = 600;
blck_TMin_Minor2 = 600;

//Maximum Spawn time between missions in seconds
blck_TMax_Major = 950;
blck_TMax_Major2 = 950;
blck_TMax_Minor = 650;
blck_TMax_Minor2 = 650;

// spawn timers now run for each mission type using parameters specific for that type
//blck_AISpawnTime = 1; //Time in seconds

To make the missions spawn more quickly just reduce the times above. I am using times in the 1 to 5 min range (60 to 300 secs) with blues spawning the fastest and orange the slowest.

The change below will prevent the next mission from spawning.

MissionGoMajor2 = true;  //was false

I have noticed that the message announcing completion of a mission is delayed. I believe this has to do with the order in which statements occur after a player reaches crate and also the fact that the function to clean up mission objects is called rather than spawned. I am going to look into this tonight and will post updates as needed later on today.

EDIT

Github updated to Ver 2.23. Files changed:

\Major\SM1.sqf

\Major2\SM1.sqf

\Minor\SM1.sqf

\Minor2\SM1.sqf

Hey Ghostrider, the mission markers are kinda screwy. They seem to only work on a timer, and not on distance to crate (like they used to), or all AI dead. I haven't spent much time looking into the script fully, but are you planning a fix for that any time in the future?

Love the changes you have implemented so far though. Well done!!

I did notice a problem with the end of mission logic. In some cases the announcement that the mission was complete did not appear in a timely manner. This has been fixed in the most recent upload to the Github. I am now adding weapons and optics from the Marksman DLC. I will be uploading that update tomorrow or the next day.

Awesome. Can't wait. Thank you for all your hard work!

I appreciate the enthusiastic response. It is nice to hear that.

Its probably going to take a bit more fiddling as my two attempts to date end up with alot of config not found errors. I might start with the list spawned in Ritchies Helicrash script as those seem to spawn fine.

I am thinking about the fact that adding them really shifts the balance heavily toward sniper weapons. Not sure quite how to keep a balance across the weapon types. That is going to take some thought. Do you have any suggestions ?

I am thinking about the fact that adding them really shifts the balance heavily toward sniper weapons. Not sure quite how to keep a balance across the weapon types. That is going to take some thought. Do you have any suggestions ?

I have managed to add some of the DLC weapons in, and the AI do use them, and yeah, what I have found is they are ridiculously deadly with the Cyrus with unlimited ammo..lol. They seem to be okay with the Navid, and the .338 MMG. As for adding the DLC weapons to the loot crate, I mostly just added the ammo, as there seem to be a lot of guns spawning either by epoch, or other scripts.

The mission will not start if A3EAI - AI addon for A 3 Epoch (Alpha 0.5.8 Released) with it is.
There is no messages in the logfile that the mission is started.
Without A3EAI - AI addon for A3 Epoch (Alpha 0.5.8 Released) runs the mission 1a.

The mission will not start if A3EAI - AI addon for A 3 Epoch (Alpha 0.5.8 Released) with it is.

There is no messages in the logfile that the mission is started.

Without A3EAI - AI addon for A3 Epoch (Alpha 0.5.8 Released) runs the mission 1a.

A3AI does work with this as i have this and A3AI 0.5.8 running