blckeagls' AI Mission - Version 2.0.2 Release (1/2/2015)

blckeagls

I will update the code by which vehicles spawn so that it is called only once for each mission. The trucks persist on our server through several restarts with non changes to epochconfig.cpp. If you add them to this list they will be spawned by the game engine whenever their number on the server falls below the number specified in that configuration.

I had an idea, what is we set a variable on the vehicles that spawn in when mission starts, then, when a player gets in the car, it changes the variable, so that when the server restarts, it checks to see if the variable is set to "wipeOnRestart" or "playeHasDriven" , and if has been driven, it will leave it alone and add it to servers total counts

It is a good idea but the server has to be able to save that variable to the hive which I believe means changing a dll or two. I think adding teh vehicle to the list of temporary vehicles to which UAZs are added is likely to work. One just has to sort out whether those objects have a time stamp or some other flag for the Epoch cleanup routines. I have not looked into this beyond identifying the fact that Epoch seems to provide a hook for logging temporary vehicles.

Hey guys, 

Just to say this works really well but on editing the boxes i cam across a problem. I am trying to make a weapon crate for the guys but only the mags spawn.  This is what i have can somebody let me know whats up with it so i can spawn the weapons, please

blck_FillBoxes_Major2 = {
			private["_crate","_Weapons","_mags","_cfgweapons","_weapon","_plx","_mag","_mags","_allweap","_box"];
			_crate = _this select 0;
			clearWeaponCargoGlobal _crate;
			clearMagazineCargoGlobal _crate;
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["B_Parachute",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["B_Carryall_oli",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["B_Carryall_mcamo",1];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["B_FieldPack_ocamo",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["optic_Nightstalker",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["optic_ACO_grn",3];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["Defib_EPOCH",1];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["Heal_EPOCH",5];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["optic_Arco",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["m16Red_EPOCH",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["arifle_Katiba_F",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["hgun_Rook40_F",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["LMG_Zafir_F",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["arifle_MXM_Black_F",1];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",20];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["150Rnd_762x51_Box",5];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["Rollins_F",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ChainSaw",1];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["MultiGun",1];

Hey guys, 

Just to say this works really well but on editing the boxes i cam across a problem. I am trying to make a weapon crate for the guys but only the mags spawn.  This is what i have can somebody let me know whats up with it so i can spawn the weapons, please

blck_FillBoxes_Major2 = {
			private["_crate","_Weapons","_mags","_cfgweapons","_weapon","_plx","_mag","_mags","_allweap","_box"];
			_crate = _this select 0;
			clearWeaponCargoGlobal _crate;
			clearMagazineCargoGlobal _crate;
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["B_Parachute",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["B_Carryall_oli",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["B_Carryall_mcamo",1];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["B_FieldPack_ocamo",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["optic_Nightstalker",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["optic_ACO_grn",3];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["Defib_EPOCH",1];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["Heal_EPOCH",5];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["optic_Arco",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["m16Red_EPOCH",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["arifle_Katiba_F",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["hgun_Rook40_F",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["LMG_Zafir_F",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["arifle_MXM_Black_F",1];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag",20];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["150Rnd_762x51_Box",5];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["Rollins_F",2];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ChainSaw",1];
			_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal ["MultiGun",1];

Hi, you got to use addWeaponCargoGlobal to add weapons

sweet gonna add this today :)

very nice missions

dont see anywhere i can turn the mission timer down so they dont spawn as fast..mission spawns pretty much right after its cleared.

check in AIConfig.sqf. There are min and max timers in seconds for each type of mission. Major = Orange, Major2 = Green, etc.

ah ok not looking good enough then!

tyvm mate love this system sem vampire and 4 black eagls missions on altis makes it look pretty :P

*update*

i have a ai.sqf but dont see anywhere i can change mission timers...also dont have a aiconfig.sqf 

did you download blckeagls original version 2.0.2 or my update ? If you have my update, check in AIconfig.sqf around line 49-58. The min and max time for mission spawns are defined there. If you are interested in the update you can download it here.

https://github.com/Ghostrider-DbD-/blckeagls-mission-system-v-2.0.2-updated

It worked right off the bat, but I was having an issue re-packing it. Once I enable vehicles for the AI, they spawned like 15 trucks at the marker. Is there a way to reduce those numbers? I reduces the number of AI, but it seems to spawn 1 truck for each AI that's supposed to spawn.  Thanks, great job btw.

I reworked the code for spawning vehicles at the missions. The variables on lines 64 - 67 of AIConfigs.sqf can be used to set the number that spawn at each mission type (blue, red, green, orange). The updated code ran fine on a test server. Any issues feel free to let me know. The github was updated.

did you download blckeagls original version 2.0.2 or my update ? If you have my update, check in AIconfig.sqf around line 49-58. The min and max time for mission spawns are defined there. If you are interested in the update you can download it here.

I did and love the updates. Thanks people for putting this out.

Hi Blackeagls,

first, your missions 'r very nice, love it!

but one Questions.

In your script -> AIMissions -> Major -> SM1.sqf

I found the Line 10 that tells: Send message to all players .....

But ingame i get no messages?

Can i use this in the SM1.sqf to push out a message to all players? its from SEM script for mission start.

_hintString = "<t align='center' size='2.0' color='#f29420'>Mission<br/>Supply Van Crash</t><br/>
<t size='1.25' color='#ffff00'>______________<br/><br/>A supply van with base building material has crashed!<br/>
You have our permission to confiscate any property you find as payment for eliminating the threat!";
SEM_globalHint = [0,_hintString]; publicVariable "SEM_globalHint";

Or y have an other method to display an information for players that the mission is starting ?

EDIT: Other Question:

Can i add a despawn timer for lootboxes? and how? lol

Thanks a lot ;o

I know the answer is probably somewhere on the thread but haven't seen it yet, once the trucks spawn, how do I limit the number on the map? I have 5/6 already people have claimed within like 4 hours and I have staggered my missions a lot more than default, will they eventually be removed?

Secondly, the AI bodies seem to disappear either instantly or quickly once killed, is there a way to stop that? Thanks in advance.

I know the answer is probably somewhere on the thread but haven't seen it yet, once the trucks spawn, how do I limit the number on the map? I have 5/6 already people have claimed within like 4 hours and I have staggered my missions a lot more than default, will they eventually be removed?

Secondly, the AI bodies seem to disappear either instantly or quickly once killed, is there a way to stop that? Thanks in advance.

To increase the time before the bodies are deleted increase blck_aiCleanUpTimer. This is on line 41 of AConfigs.sqf. I would recommend 600-900 seconds to start.

If you are using my latest update, you can set the number of vehicles that spawn to 0 or -1, which will prevent further vehicles from spawning. for example, on line 63 of AIConfigs.sqf change blck_SpawnVeh_Major from 3 to -1.