blckeagls' AI Mission - Version 2.0.2 Release (1/2/2015)

blckeagls

Hi Ghostrider

First of all, thank you for the amazing missions. I love them. I still use the old version and I'm very happy with it. I don't know if it was discussed here earlier as i didn't read all 30 pages but here are some suggestions:

1. The mission messages should be in a box top right so they match all other mission messages (like SEM, ZEV, ZCF etc.(seems easier for the players to spot missions)

2. Personally I would either see a mission name in the circle or a more defined and clear message what the mission is. Players joining a server later have no idea what orange is unless they are regulars

3. It would be awesome if you can pack most important settings in one setting file to easier adapt a mission with spawn time, AI settings, locations etc.

You asked in an earlier post about suggestions for missions. I host a server for 10 days now, started with no knowledge at all and work my way through. Its kind of a jungle on the beginning lol. Well here is my ideas:

1. I would love to see a simple mission script that people can adapt very easy on their own, maybe even rename the file so they can create multiple ones. Maybe one strong hold mission, for example a building supply mission down on the south airfield with a crashed helicopter or a stronghold of 25-30 AI in Kavala that hunt you down door to door if you are in the area. Then people can adapt this single mission script to whatever they want to do (change loot, change location, change items, change AI)

2. I would love to see a dynamic transport mission. For example players have to transport a pick up truck with a crate on the back from location A to B. If successful the loots spawns in the crate and they can grab it. Could be either way. If player transport then they are attacked by AI on that particular route and if AI transports they can be attacked by players.

Keep up the great work, all players appreciate of what you are doing!

LuZ

giving the mission information in the top R corner is easily done.

Someone may know of a way to simplify the configurations, but for me, in order to give a lot of flexibility, one had to provide a large number of configurations. Glad you like the missions.

If you would like a convoy mission I would just try one of the others. I will probably not be developing them given that there are already several around.

Ran it all day but had 3 server crashes.Didnt see anything in the logs. Also needed to add this as players were geting kicked

!="setParticleClass" ObjectDestructionSmokeSmallx;"

Have you added any vehicles or other scripts ? I may be wrong, but I have not seen those kicks on our test server or public servers. Let me know either way.

giving the mission information in the top R corner is easily done.

Someone may know of a way to simplify the configurations, but for me, in order to give a lot of flexibility, one had to provide a large number of configurations. Glad you like the missions.

If you would like a convoy mission I would just try one of the others. I will probably not be developing them given that there are already several around.

Sweet. Any chance to post a script change so the message appears top right in a darkened box? That would be superb!

What about a text on the marker option so players know what mission it is? Probably very easy to if you could post me the script change for that I would love to upload it.

I do run 2 convoy missions on my server and they actually work great. I just thought to turn it around that PLAYERS actually have to do the transport. But I don't know if this is even possible. I guess a player could change the route and avoid all AI spawns lol

Sweet. Any chance to post a script change so the message appears top right in a darkened box? That would be superb!

What about a text on the marker option so players know what mission it is? Probably very easy to if you could post me the script change for that I would love to upload it.

I do run 2 convoy missions on my server and they actually work great. I just thought to turn it around that PLAYERS actually have to do the transport. But I don't know if this is even possible. I guess a player could change the route and avoid all AI spawns lol

EDIT - Just tested the code below and it seems to work fine. Replace the code in the start_black.sqf with what is shown below.

//Messaging for BlckEgls Mission System -- see AIM.sqf

"blck_Message" addPublicVariableEventHandler {

hint format["%1", _this select 1];

};

You are correct - my mistake and I appologize. A listing of changes you need to make to scripts.txt is listed in the INSTALLATION.txt. If I missed any BE filters please let me know. I have not gotten to updating the current scripts.txt with the needed BE filters.

To have the message show up in the right upper corner do the following.

In start_blck.sqf, edit this line:

"blck_Message" addPublicVariableEventHandler {/*titleText[format["%1",_this select 1],"PLAIN DOWN",1];*/systemChat format["%1",_this select 1]};

by changing

systemChat

to hint.

That didn't work.

"blck_Message" addPublicVariableEventHandler {hint. format["%1",_this select 1]};               //disables all my messages

"blck_Message" addPublicVariableEventHandler {hint format["%1",_this select 1]};                // no change in messages

That didn't work.

"blck_Message" addPublicVariableEventHandler {hint. format["%1",_this select 1]};               //disables all my messages

"blck_Message" addPublicVariableEventHandler {hint format["%1",_this select 1]};                // no change in messages

I will post an update on the github in which you can select how you would like to have messages displayed. I will probably not get to this until the weekend.

So where do I find this scripts.txt on my server?  Is it something I have to create?

It depends on whether your server runs on your PC or a server provider like GTX or Vert. You need to start by looking for a directory named SC or ServerConfiguration. Inside that, look for one called BattlEye. The BattlEye directory should contain abotu 20 text files. these contain the lists of exceptions for each of the BattlEye filters. Look for Scripts.txt and the exceptions listed in the INSTALLATION by pasting the additional filters shown in INSTALLATION.txt at the end of the appropriate lines. If you are not familiar with BattlEye filters check the excellent tutorials in one of the how tos in the forums.

HMG and AI despawn after finishing the missions, but the Box and the smoke stay.

Can somebody confirm?

When I set "blck_useStatic = true" there spawns the definied 2 static weapons + 4 AI's and additional the defnied AI's -> Everytime 4 AI's more than definied.

When I set "blck_useStatic = false" there doesn't spawn a vehicle and only the defnied AI's

Is this right or a bug? How can I spawn HMG's instead of static weapon?

Is it possible to configure, that only max. 2 Mission are active at the same time?

I will post an update on the github in which you can select how you would like to have messages displayed. I will probably not get to this until the weekend.

That would be fantastic. If you are working on it. Any chance to label the missions on the map? Or an option to do so?

Thank you.

Could you explain to me how this works because im confused. If you go to the bottom of the weapon list there is the zafir with the tracer mag but it is not listed in the magazine section so therefore im assuming it will not spawn because it is not in the magazine section if that is the case why do you have magazine ID next to weapon ID.

If i am wrong in what i have assumed above and the ammo does spawn that is next to the weapon list shouldn't the other variation of ammo for that weapon be added so for instance

zafir has the 150Rnd_762x51_Box_Tracer and the 150Rnd_762x51_Box. As you can see i am confused on this and would like a simple explanation if possible lol

[// Weapons
// loaded by a distinct subroutine that looks for the weapon name and magazine type
["MultiGun","EnergyPackLg"],
["arifle_Katiba_F","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green"],
["arifle_Katiba_GL_F","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_green"],
["arifle_Mk20_F","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"],
["arifle_Mk20_plain_F","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"],
["arifle_Mk20C_F","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"],
["arifle_Mk20_GL_F","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"],
["arifle_Mk20_GL_plain_F","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"],
["arifle_MX_F","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag"],
["arifle_MX_GL_F","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag"],
["arifle_MX_SW_Black_Hamr_pointer_F","100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"],
["arifle_MXC_F","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag"],
["arifle_MXM_F","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag"],
["arifle_SDAR_F","20Rnd_556x45_UW_mag"],
["arifle_TRG20_F","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"],
["m16_EPOCH","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"],
["m16Red_EPOCH","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"],
["M14_EPOCH","20Rnd_762x51_Mag"],
["M14Grn_EPOCH","20Rnd_762x51_Mag"],
["m4a3_EPOCH","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"],
["SMG_02_F", "30Rnd_9x21_Mag"],
["SMG_01_F", "30Rnd_45ACP_Mag_SMG_01"],
["Hgun_PDW2000_F", "30Rnd_9x21_Mag"],
["M14_EPOCH", "20Rnd_762x51_Mag"],
["M14Grn_EPOCH", "20Rnd_762x51_Mag"],
["arifle_MXM_F", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"],
["arifle_MXM_Black_F", "30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"],
["m107_EPOCH", "5Rnd_127x108_Mag"],
["m107Tan_EPOCH", "5Rnd_127x108_Mag"],
["srifle_DMR_01_F","10Rnd_762x51_Mag"],
["srifle_LRR_F","7Rnd_408_Mag"],
["srifle_EBR_F","20Rnd_762x51_Mag"],
["srifle_GM6_F","5Rnd_127x108_APDS_Mag"],
["m249_EPOCH", "200Rnd_556x45_M249"],
["m249Tan_EPOCH", "200Rnd_556x45_M249"],
["LMG_Mk200_F", "200Rnd_65x39_cased_Box_Tracer"],
["Arifle_MX_SW_F", "100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"],
["Arifle_MX_SW_Black_F", "100Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer"],
["LMG_Zafir_F", "150Rnd_762x51_Box_Tracer"]

Keep up the great work loving this system though best ive used yet.

HMG and AI despawn after finishing the missions, but the Box and the smoke stay.

Can somebody confirm?

When I set "blck_useStatic = true" there spawns the definied 2 static weapons + 4 AI's and additional the defnied AI's -> Everytime 4 AI's more than definied.

When I set "blck_useStatic = false" there doesn't spawn a vehicle and only the defnied AI's

Is this right or a bug? How can I spawn HMG's instead of static weapon?

Is it possible to configure, that only max. 2 Mission are active at the same time?

The behavior you describe above is how it was intended to function. The additional AI spawn to man the static weapon and protect the gunner in principle. You can change the number of static weapons that spawn at a mission with the following variables which are found in AIConfig.sqf:

blck_SpawnVeh_Major = 3;

blck_SpawnVeh_Major2 = 2;

blck_SpawnVeh_Minor = -1;

blck_SpawnVeh_Minor2 = 1;

In these settings, -1 blocks spawning of any static weapons.

You can disable missions by commenting out the line in custom_server\init.sqf on which the mission timer is executed. In the example below the blue and red missions are disabled.

//Start the mission timers

[] execVM "\q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Major\majorTimer.sqf"; //Starts major mission system

[] execVM "\q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Major2\major2Timer.sqf";//Starts major mission system 2

//[] execVM "\q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Minor\minorTimer.sqf";//Starts minor mission system

//[] execVM "\q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\Minor2\minor2Timer.sqf";//Starts minor mission system 2

That would be fantastic. If you are working on it. Any chance to label the missions on the map? Or an option to do so?

Thank you.

I have this on my to do list but I have not yet gotten around to working on it much due to other obligations. Hopefully, I can address this in the next week or so.

Could you explain to me how this works because im confused. If you go to the bottom of the weapon list there is the zafir with the tracer mag but it is not listed in the magazine section so therefore im assuming it will not spawn because it is not in the magazine section if that is the case why do you have magazine ID next to weapon ID.

If i am wrong in what i have assumed above and the ammo does spawn that is next to the weapon list shouldn't the other variation of ammo for that weapon be added so for instance

zafir has the 150Rnd_762x51_Box_Tracer and the 150Rnd_762x51_Box. As you can see i am confused on this and would like a simple explanation if possible lol

[// Weapons
// loaded by a distinct subroutine that looks for the weapon name and magazine type

Keep up the great work loving this system though best ive used yet.

I think I understand what you are asking. At this time, the code relies on the single entry in the configuration as you have pointed out. One can get an array with all possible ammo types for that weapon and randomly select one as well. At some point I might go back and revisit this part of the mission system. For now, I am busier with things other than further improvements. However, feel free to modify or adjust these loot tables as you like.

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am glad the system has been working well for you.

Thanks a Lot Ghostrider!

But two more Questions: Can I change the static weapons to hmg offroader?

blck_usestatic=false disabled both.

And am I right, that the smoke and the Box doesn't despawn, or is there a mistake in my settings?

I'm getting this error from the fillboxes.sqf only thing i've changed is the aiconfig to include mas weapons in the lootboxes would that make this conflicting?

2:00:06 Error in expression <for "_i" from 1 to _wepCnt do {

_item = _a1 call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_crate ad>
 2:00:06   Error position: <_a1 call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_crate ad>
 2:00:06   Error Undefined variable in expression: _a1
 2:00:06 File q\addons\custom_server\AIMission\fillBoxes.sqf, line 24
_crate ad>
_crate ad>

Thanks a Lot Ghostrider!

But two more Questions: Can I change the static weapons to hmg offroader?

blck_usestatic=false disabled both.

And am I right, that the smoke and the Box doesn't despawn, or is there a mistake in my settings?

You can change the static weapon to any vehicle you wish. Note that some of the HMG Offroads are bugged, meaning that if a player tries to use the weapon bad things happen but that is the only hitch. As written, once the gunner is down, the driver will just sit there if any AI are in the driver's seat.

The box stays by design. I actually tried to clean up the smoke a few days ago. I am sure there is a way but it will take some digging. I noticed that vehicle wrecks in game burn for a bit and that the flames disapear after about 5 min. I will add this bit of cleanup to the do do list.

I'm getting this error from the fillboxes.sqf only thing i've changed is the aiconfig to include mas weapons in the lootboxes would that make this conflicting?

_crate ad>

_crate ad>

_crate ad>

_crate ad>

any word on this? i reinstalled everything fresh for the updates yesterday and changed nothing at all this time and yet its still happening

any word on this? i reinstalled everything fresh for the updates yesterday and changed nothing at all this time and yet its still happening

I have not seen that error before. Did you change anything in the AIConfig.sqf ?

I will take a look when I have a little time. It may not be till the weekend given the stuff with the various updates released this week.