blckeagls' AI Mission - Version 2.0.2 Release (1/2/2015)

blckeagls

Just updated this morning, and it launched without any issues whatsoever. Like none, which I was very surprised, as I have had issues with this system in the past. Well done guys. A++. I love how the spawns are able to be staggered when launching, and not all at once, and also how the AI do not spawn until you approach the area. Much more server friendly to say the least. I have this running currently with A3AI, SEM, VEMF, and welcome credits, and everything plays perfectly together. Again, thank you for all your effort and hard work, well done!!!

Am writing as I test, so apologies if I miss something, I can't seem to get both the SEM and this working concurrently, I moved it down below the statusbar etc, that got those working, but my SEM were not spawning at all, so I have now moved this below SEM (0.8) or whichever is newest, now none are loading, if things change I will update this. EDIT: will inbox you with my init.sqf so I don't clog this thread up.

I will have to think about why this is occurring but for now updated INSTALLATION.txt to include this information.

Hey not sure if this has been covered, got the script on, I haven't actually tried it yet, but to get my server to run I also had to change a few things around the line 41 mark, they can be found in the BE filters you uploaded though, so copied that (deletemarker, setmarker and createmarker). Also, in my init.sqf, I had to put this under my status bar and intro messages otherwise they would not load, not sure why. 

Thanks for pointing this out. The install instructions were updated accordingly.

This is what mine looks like

// Welcome Credits

[] execVM "custom\welcome.sqf";

if (!isDedicated) then {
"VEMFChatMsg" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
systemChat ((_this select 1) select 0);
[
[
[((_this select 1) select 0),"align = 'center' size = '1' font=PuristaBold'],
["","<br/>"],
[((_this select 1) select 1),"align = 'center' size = '0.5'"]
]
] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText2;
VEMFChatMsg = nil;
};
};
//If server execute this script
//BlckeaglsMissions
[] execVM "start_blck.sqf";

//SEM Missions
if(hasInterface)then{execVM "semClient.sqf"};
//A3AI
#include "A3EAI_Client\A3EAI_initclient.sqf";

UPDATE:

Orange mission spawned, and I had vehicles set to true on two of the missions, one large, one small, and apparently orange was one. Player flew in to check it out, and there were 15 armed trucks, and about 25 armed AI, plus drivers and gunners. Not sure how the code decided 15 was the appropriate number, when originally the code was set to 3 armed vehicles. Still looking over the code now to see if I can find anywhere this might have happened.

Hey guys thanks for the replies, I am taking the missions off temporarily but will see if I can sort the other issue later from the advice. Problem now is that I died with one of their weapons, I got kicked, someone loaded their weapon into their truck, they get a kick, not sure if it was spoken about before. addweaponcargo restriction #0.

Hey guys thanks for the replies, I am taking the missions off temporarily but will see if I can sort the other issue later from the advice. Problem now is that I died with one of their weapons, I got kicked, someone loaded their weapon into their truck, they get a kick, not sure if it was spoken about before. addweaponcargo restriction #0.

When I first installed this mission system, way back in its infancy, there was a time I spent about half a day killing all the AI in each location to get kicked, and add the exception. It happens because the weapons have the added scopes, and aren't vanilla epoch weapons. Once you ad all those to your addWeaponCargo.txt file, you should be all good.

You will find mine attached, and I no longer get kicks.

addweaponcargo.txt

When I first installed this mission system, way back in its infancy, there was a time I spent about half a day killing all the AI in each location to get kicked, and add the exception. It happens because the weapons have the added scopes, and aren't vanilla epoch weapons. Once you ad all those to your addWeaponCargo.txt file, you should be all good.

Thank you for posting this, I'll take a look and update the github accordingly

I did not touch the code for vehicles at all. It is fun to have AI chase you in a pickup with a machine gun on it but the vehicles are added as permenant vehicles, and can't be sold without changing the configs for the traders, to those pickups just accumulate on the server. I thought about looking at how EPOCH deals with temporary vehicles (think UAVs) but never tried to work this out. The alternative is just to add a bit of code to delete them all after some period or 10 min prior to server restart. You could easily spawn a cleanup routine that checked the server up time against some maximum time and call it to add each vehicle spawned to a que. this all assumes one can tag the vehicle in a way that keeps the vehicle from being deleted by the cleanup routines.

They are inside the blckeagls zipped file.

Once you unzip the file, look here: blckeagls-mission-system-v-2.0.2-updated-master\custom_server\AIMission.

Right click, edit with Notepad++ , save your changes, pack to .pbo and you're good to go

Edit: Also, steps 1 -6?

There are only 4 steps in the current INSTALLATION.txt file

Read that document fully and make sure you completely understand what it says, then, move forward with installing it. Worked for me first time without issue, and I have a lot of other stuff going on that can break.

Thanks I will test it tomorrow when I have a bit more time and server is dead! :)

It worked right off the bat, but I was having an issue re-packing it. Once I enable vehicles for the AI, they spawned like 15 trucks at the marker. Is there a way to reduce those numbers? I reduces the number of AI, but it seems to spawn 1 truck for each AI that's supposed to spawn.  Thanks, great job btw.

I have the same problem with the 15 or so trucks with certain missions, and the only way I have tested to keep them, is to get in them and drive them around a little, or get in, get out and lock them should work too.

I had set vehicles to off for a few reasons. First, you can't sell them unless you change the trader tables which are in a part of epoch that is presently off limits. Second, because of this, and because they are spawned as permanent vehicles, they accumulate and I was concerned about how this would affect performance long term. I have not looked at how the number of vehicles spawned is determined and for the reasons above did not tinker with that part of the add on. There is probably a way to add temporary vehicles (think UAVs and other advesaries that spawn) but I have not really looked into how to have that work properly.