Modifing Server Temperatures

NetShark

Question

Hi,

I've been for hours trying to understand the way it works, but I havent been able to.

I need to make my server colder, cold as hell :D ... and I can't.

I made a copy of the file "fn_temperatur.sqf" originally located at dayz_code.pbo to my mission file. Of course modifing the call from "compiles.sqf" file.

Im using this factors to modify the temperature but it doesnt have any effect on the server.

//Factors are equal to win/loss of factor*basic value
	//All Values can be seen as x of 100: 100 / x = minutes from min temperetaure to max temperature (without other effects)
	_vehicle_factor		=	2;
	_moving_factor 		=  	1;
	_fire_factor		=	4;	//Should be always:  _rain_factor + _night_factor + _wind_factor || higher !
	_building_factor 	=  	3;
	_sun_factor			= 	-5;	//max sunfactor linear over the day. highest value in the middle of the day

_water_factor = -35;
	_rain_factor = -8;
	_night_factor =  -4.5;
	_wind_factor = -1;

I even tried to put all values at -100 and nothing happens...

Can someone tell me how this factors work? I want my players to find shelter, or a car or a fire to be safe, otherwise they die by hypothermia.

How to do it?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

What do you want exactly? Changing the overall temp?

Why not just substract a value in the line below to always have it this degree cooler.

As it seems this is between max and min (whereever this is defined). But it seems that this here is the right place to try around.

//Change Temperatur

dayz_temperatur = (((dayz_temperatur + _difference) max dayz_temperaturmin) min dayz_temperaturmax);

What do you want exactly? Changing the overall temp?

Why not just substract a value in the line below to always have it this degree cooler.

As it seems this is between max and min (whereever this is defined). But it seems that this here is the right place to try around.

//Change Temperatur

dayz_temperatur = (((dayz_temperatur + _difference) max dayz_temperaturmin) min dayz_temperaturmax);

Thanks for your answer....

I think I almost get this working, but I need more testing before posting a true guide.

Where can I modify the Heatpacks?.. I want them to increase their warming effect in my artic weather :)

player_useMedic.sqf in dayz_code/actions

Wonderful ! Thanks... Im almost done...

But, would you tell me where is that file called from?

I don't like to modify the dayz_code.pbo, I prefer to copy that "player_useMedic.sqf" to my mission and then modify the calling path, but I don't know which file calls the "player_useMedic.sqf"

EDIT: Forget it :) .. I found it, but the file is called "player_useMeds.sqf" :D And was looking for the "player_useMedic.sqf"  at "compiles.sqf"

Ah ;) Yes, sorry, wrote that from my mind. I thought you will have a look into the actions folder anyways ,)

Thank you very much for your help.  :)

I just finished a complete guide about this so other people can save some time, I hope I put it in the right place: