Satchel and Explosive charges

Sandman1980

I can´t understand why satchel and explosive must be in the game. With all the people complaining about how bug is the construction, with people vaultin over the walls and enter the bases.  Is necessary that have this explosives in game to ruin more the experience? I am not against raiding bases, but the game will be more fun and challenging if to enter a enemy base the players must wait until the base owners make a mistake (ej. enter to their base and get killed by and organizated attack, let the doors open, etc.).  Today with the use of explosives the people wait until the population of the server down (and the owners of bases go to sleep) and the only thing that they must to do is go to the bases and blow them up.

So again, what is the benefit of Satchel and Explosive charges? some Dev can tell me an convincing answer?

^^^^  THAT is why lol

Or better yet, bring down a military tower while there are 4 dudes in it, a chopper that just took off, a gas station.  

When fixing something, you fix the root cause otherwise it's a band aid on a broken leg.  Root cause in this case is the construction mechanics, it's still alpha...there will be growing pains.

Nic, if you need to use explosives for raiding a base is because you want to steal that base when none of the oweners are in the server.  Again what is the fun in steal all the things of a base without a real fight?

I have used explosives a few times to raid a base when the owners are inside and trying to defend it. I try to blow up their walls to gain entry and cqb with them, but most time it collapses the building they are in and they are easy pickings from there.

Error nedfox and TayTay, if i say this if because i do it.  I and only one team mate taking us only 30 minutes enter to a base, steal all the things, destroy is frenquency and dissarm all the base.  After this i see the game is not fun if player this way, because of this i make this Thread.  I can understand Nic the use you do to the explosives, plant thay have a risk.  But my complain is how the most of the players use it. 

It would be a good Idea to make satchels as rare as lockboxes maybe so peoaple have to ser 3 or 4 explosive charges at every door. This way the option is there if you want it but it's  hard to do and with charges there is a good chance the building will still be standing. Besides the point of the game is to build your entire base out of cinder / corugate... not use a run down house.

So what your saying is I should wait for them to get on even though I have no idea who they were, I raided a base that was clearly a duped base because of the amount of cinder that was there and the stuff they had on their 30+ metal shelves. I waited until I knew I had enough charges so I could take all the doors down, when I got there I was disappointed they were not home but didn't stop me from doing what I planned on doing. 3 story cinder base has to come down!!!

What he's saying is your character should remain online like in a 'sleeping bag' in your base so when the base is raided you can kill the sleeping players. BUT he is also saying people should receive SMS text alerts if there is loud noise outside their base so they have the option to log on and defend... ah the dream...

That or he wants ez mode. I'm sure there will be ez mode carebear servers, there already are.

I personally think there is nothing wrong with satchel charges in a base building game. Once the duping has been taken care of, they will not be as easy to horde. When that time comes, you just have multi-layered security in your base, let them satchel one part, but then get stuck on another. Also, waiting until the owners of the base are not online is the best tactic if you ask me, least risk, brilliant idea :)