[EMS] 0.2.6 Epoch Mission System

Fuchs

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the boxes integrated from EMS into the new system?

• Yes ,highly recommended !
    • No ,i don't care about !

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:scripting:bis_fnc_findsafepos

1 Position

2 Minimum distance

3 Maximum distance

4 Maximum distance from nearest object

5 0 - cant be in water, 1 - ?

6 Terrain gradient (how steep terrain)

7 0 - shore mode; does not have to be in shore

_newPos = [_pos, 0, 500, 30, 0, 20, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

Look at nr5 if zero it wont spawn in water hence no SafePos

and 6 for mountain sloop

@Fubar

If you look at the server_spawnCarshSite.sqf at line 40 see:

diag_log(format["CRASHSPAWNER: %1%2 chance to spawn '%3' with loot table '%4' in %5 secounds", round(_spawnChance * 100), '%', _crashName, _lootTable, _timeToSpawn]);

Its harmless its a comment line from diag_log(ging) aka what u see in the server.RPT

Sry but last time i read the first post was last year ;)

maybe this helps others to with spawing in AI  , and maybe some1 makes a Old Axing woman (farmwife with an Axe)  :ph34r:

_aispawn = [[Coords], radius of waypoints (in meters), number of waypoints, number of ai units,  bandit(0) OR army(1) OR  AXEMAN (2)];

This comes from add_unit_server 

_wpradius = _this select 1;
    _wpnum = _this select 2;
    _numunits = _this select 3;
    _levelnum = _this select 4;

Crameep check page 25 for a post by Wokkel (previous page), I am sure Fuchs will update the first page in due time. 

umfufu thanks for the explanation unfortunately it doesn't always work like that. While it won't place the marker underwater because it is a radius sometimes vehicles such as the loot crates or decorative items can be placed in the water or on slopes that are steep enough for you to fall off. Also if find safe position fails, which it often does on Panthera, then it will place missions where it can.

Less of a problem on flatter maps like Cherno  that doesn't have mountains where safe position works quite well. 

Ideally we need a mission system peculiar to each map, but that is quite a lot of work. The standard one is designed with Cherno in mind, there are coordinates for Taviana somewhere around here and I am working on a Panthera one.

Does this problem ring any bells for someone?

People are unable to sell vehicles which they found at missions. It keeps saying "Failed, you must get into drivers seat first", although they have been in the driver seat :o I'm pretty sure i installed the missions correctly. It doesn't apply on any other vehicle on the map other than the ones from the missions.

People are unable to sell vehicles which they found at missions. It keeps saying "Failed, you must get into drivers seat first", although they have been in the driver seat  :o I'm pretty sure i installed the missions correctly. It doesn't apply on any other vehicle on the map other than the ones from the missions.

That's a strange one, the only issue you should have with traders with the mission system not being able to sell some vehicles if the class names are different. The only time I've had that message is with 1.0.3.1 and I was trying to modifying a military vehicle with the books. 

Does it happen with regular vehicles as well or just mission ones?

That's a strange one, the only issue you should have with traders with the mission system not being able to sell some vehicles if the class names are different. The only time I've had that message is with 1.0.3.1 and I was trying to modifying a military vehicle with the books. 

Does it happen with regular vehicles as well or just mission ones?

No, only the mission ones.

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:scripting:bis_fnc_findsafepos

1 Position

2 Minimum distance

3 Maximum distance

4 Maximum distance from nearest object

5 0 - cant be in water, 1 - ?

6 Terrain gradient (how steep terrain)

7 0 - shore mode; does not have to be in shore

_newPos = [_pos, 0, 500, 30, 0, 20, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

Look at nr5 if zero it wont spawn in water hence no SafePos

and 6 for mountain sloop

@Fubar

If you look at the server_spawnCarshSite.sqf at line 40 see:

diag_log(format["CRASHSPAWNER: %1%2 chance to spawn '%3' with loot table '%4' in %5 secounds", round(_spawnChance * 100), '%', _crashName, _lootTable, _timeToSpawn]);

Its harmless its a comment line from diag_log(ging) aka what u see in the server.RPT

i posted the link u posted a few dayz on the first line ,but forgot on git ^^

hmmm. the mission vehicles disappear after a view seconds...and after restarts. the line for server_functions does not work 4 me ....

if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {

can somebody help?

und fuchs, du solltest github updaten, was die editierung der cleanup angeht... da es ja jetzt in der server_functions steht...

:D

Hey Guys- Need some help. 

1.) No loot is spawning anywhere in my server (tents, buildings....ect.) but they are spawning in my EMS Mission crates...so thats the good news.

2.) I am also still getting that dreaded error in my RPT:

if (_object getVariable "Sarge" == 1) exitWith {};

if (!_parachuteWest>
20:09:12   Error position: <== 1) exitWith {};

if (!_parachuteWest>
20:09:12   Error Generic error in expression
20:09:12 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 29

Anyone have a clue about how to fix #2 issue here with the RPT?

Also, here is a copy of a section from my init.sqf.  Very confused as to whether or not I should run bot the default and custom scripts or //Rem out the origional and in what order (i.e. right underneath or at the end):

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                    //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\variables.sqf";                                    // Initilize the Custom Variables
progressLoadingScreen 0.1;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                      //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers
progressLoadingScreen 0.2;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical
progressLoadingScreen 0.4;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";             //Compile regular functions            
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\compiles.sqf";                               //Compile custom functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";                              //Compile trader configs

THANKS!!

Hey Guys- Need some help. 

1.) No loot is spawning anywhere in my server (tents, buildings....ect.) but they are spawning in my EMS Mission crates...so thats the good news.

2.) I am also still getting that dreaded error in my RPT:

if (!_parachuteWest>

20:09:12   Error position: <== 1) exitWith {};

if (!_parachuteWest>

20:09:12   Error Generic error in expression

20:09:12 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 29

Anyone have a clue about how to fix #2 issue here with the RPT?

Also, here is a copy of a section from my init.sqf.  Very confused as to whether or not I should run bot the default and custom scripts or //Rem out the origional and in what order (i.e. right underneath or at the end):

//Load in compiled functions

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                    //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\variables.sqf";                                    // Initilize the Custom Variables

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\publicEH.sqf";                      //Initilize the publicVariable event handlers

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\medical\setup_functions_med.sqf";    //Functions used by CLIENT for medical

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";             //Compile regular functions            

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\compiles.sqf";                               //Compile custom functions

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "server_traders.sqf";                              //Compile trader configs

THANKS!!

// call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";   // This one not needed if done next line

Copy variables.sqf  to  "Scripts folder" and then fillin the lines u need for other addons/mods

But it must be the variables.sqf from the epoch version u use!!! 

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\variables.sqf";                                    // Here the Copy of the variables.sqf with your modifications

// call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";             //Same story as with variables.sqf but now with compiles.sqf     

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\compiles.sqf";                               // Here the copy of compiles.sqf with your modifications  

Thats the init.sqf part , then if u copy/pasted the EMS part correctly it shoiuld work

To make sure do the "init.sqf part  but no altering to the files variables and compiles , then proceed to the EMS part and test if its working

U only have the "path" names altered ,  aka just copied to the Script folder and run from there

and the error in RPT verify u got this line in server_updateobject.sqf

if (!_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then {

if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then

Hell and thanks umfufu.

Wil remove the original compiles and variables and replace with the modified version in the same place.  I read somewhere in another post that both had to exist; so I will try your suggestion first.

As for the server_updateObject, I have this:

if (!_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then {
    if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then
    {
        _object_position = getPosATL _object;
        _isNotOk = true;
    };
};

And it still shows up the error in my RPT.  It only seems to happen after an AI mission starts to load in the RPT. 

Here is the line that is in my server_functions.sqf:

server_checkHackers = {
    if (DZE_DYN_AntiStuck2nd > 3) then { DZE_DYN_HackerCheck = nil; DZE_DYN_AntiStuck2nd = 0; };
    if(!isNil "DZE_DYN_HackerCheck") exitWith {  DZE_DYN_AntiStuck2nd = DZE_DYN_AntiStuck2nd + 1;};
    DZE_DYN_HackerCheck = true;
    {
        if (vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {
            diag_log ("CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER " + (name _x) + " " + str(_x) + " IN " + (typeOf vehicle _x));
            (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;
            _x setDamage 1;
            sleep 0.25;
        };
        sleep 0.001;
    } forEach allUnits;
    DZE_DYN_HackerCheck = nil;
};

Cheers,