[EMS] 0.2.6 Epoch Mission System

Fuchs

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the boxes integrated from EMS into the new system?

• Yes ,highly recommended !
    • No ,i don't care about !

@ bodyclean.sqf

delete this part 

_aikiller = _this select 1;
_aikiller_name = name _aikiller;
_humanityBoost = 200; //Set this to whatever you want the humanity to increase by

_humanity = _aikiller getVariable ["humanity",0];
_humanity = _humanity + _humanityBoost;
_aikiller setVariable["humanity", _humanity,true];

_killsB = _aikiller getVariable["banditKills",0];
_killsB = _killsB + 1;
_aikiller setVariable["banditKills",_killsB,true];

diag_log format ["EMS: AI %1 was killed by %2 (+%3 humanity, new total %4)",_ai_type,_aikiller_name,_humanityBoost,_humanity];

Figured out it has something to to with the bodyclean.sqf.

But i don't mind the increase in humanity, but would prefer if i only could disable the part where it adds to your bandit killed.

But am i wrong to think all i need to delete is this part:

_killsB = _aikiller getVariable["banditKills",0];
_killsB = _killsB + 1;
_aikiller setVariable["banditKills",_killsB,true];

With the new epoch 1.0.4. patch a lot has changed in the server_cleanup.FSM.

For example, the "killing a hacker" line is completely gone.

I will be testing the missions in a moment to see if everything is still working without this change from EMS in the server_cleanup.FSM.

EDIT:

Doesn't seem to work anymore. Vehicle explodes upon entering/leaving them.

Anyone has a fix for this?

hm jsut updating my entire server to 1.0.4 ! 

server_checkHackers = {
	if (DZE_DYN_AntiStuck2nd > 3) then { DZE_DYN_HackerCheck = nil; DZE_DYN_AntiStuck2nd = 0; };
	if(!isNil "DZE_DYN_HackerCheck") exitWith {  DZE_DYN_AntiStuck2nd = DZE_DYN_AntiStuck2nd + 1;};
	DZE_DYN_HackerCheck = true;
	{
		if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {
			diag_log ("CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER " + (name _x) + " " + str(_x) + " IN " + (typeOf vehicle _x));
			(vehicle _x) setDamage 1;
			_x setDamage 1;
			sleep 0.25;
		};
		sleep 0.001;
	} forEach allUnits;
	DZE_DYN_HackerCheck = nil;

found in server functions thx for the hint ritualmsry!

Line 788 of init/server_functions.sqf is where the code was moved from server_cleanup.fsm....I'm not at home right now and cant test it on my server, but if you change this in init/server_functions.sqf:

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {

to this:

if (vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {

like the front page of this post shows, that might work. Maybe....

I thought that would be the correct thing to do as well, but it corrupts the server (hanging on waiting for authentication, resulting in getting kicked back to the lobby, many errors in .RPT from player_monitor)

POSSIBLE FIX, WILL CONFIRM IN 10-20 minutes:

Find this in init/server_functions.sqf:

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {

replace with:

if (vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {

The double "" around the Sarge variable seems to have been causing the kick/errors in RPT. Once again, will confirm if this works in 10-20 minutes.

EDIT: CONFIRMED WORKING

If Fuchs would be so kind to update the frontpage tutorial with this information? :)

OMG - I hope this fixes some other issues like player made bases slowly disappearing and the whole problem with safe/tents/shack storage items disappearing.  

FUCHS - are you making any changes to the EMS to support this update?  I noticed in the current version I am unable to spawn certain AI Mission vehicles (For Ex: The APC mission doesn't spawn an APC and all the AI die within the building/walls near it.)

Cheers all,

FUBAR

wokkelwakker - Have you checked your RPT to see if it is spamming it with the dreaded errors like below?

if (_object getVariable "Sarge" == 1) exitWith {};

if (!_parachuteWest>

19:43:48   Error position: <== 1) exitWith {};

if (!_parachuteWest>

Error Generic error in expression

File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_updateObject.sqf, line 29

Error in expression < && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_sa>

Error position: <!= 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_sa>

Error in expression < && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_sa>

Error position: <!= 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_sa>

Thanks Defenting....I should have clarified that I was looking to make sure that the errors (I posted) from 1.0.3.1 might be cleared in 1.0.4.

Anyone using DayZ.st?  Doesn't look like they have updated to 1.0.4 yet.  :(

Also, can anyone recommend the BEST server host?  Like mentioned DayZ.ST is simply $hit.  Support sux...Desync after 35 players...horrible...and DDOS/Hackers attacking all the time.

Please let me know your feedback.  At the moment I am considering Vert Hosting, Vilayer, and HFB.  Your thoughts and/or suggestions on these or ANY OTHER server host with EXCELLENT ping/support is is most welcomed!

THANKS!

HFB's response times are horrendous. I use Vilayer and while their support replies aren't much better, they give you access to everything you could possibly need.

As far as upgrading, vbawol has already referenced 1.0.4.1, so you might just want to wait...

I use vilayar also and their response time for me has been great.  they even answer questions they aren't required to support.  I had HFB and dumped them after the first month.  Worste customer service I've ever seen.  took days to get and answer and then it was "we don't support that" every single time.  finally i was told i asked too many questions (too many tickets) so i dumped them.

Hey...may have found a small problem with a file (spelling error)

If you look at the server_spawnCarshSite.sqf at line 40 see:

diag_log(format["CRASHSPAWNER: %1%2 chance to spawn '%3' with loot table '%4' in %5 secounds", round(_spawnChance * 100), '%', _crashName, _lootTable, _timeToSpawn]);

Probably needs to be spelled seconds

Not sure how that will impact the server, but worth noting.

FUBAR

If you are looking for a new host I would recommend Vert, they've gotten back to me at the strange times I email with great help, fixed my BEC incompetence for me (most hosts won't) and the servers are running very well. 

I think that line you have quoted is just a log file that is added to the rpt log to show something has happened. Shouldn't cause any issues. 

It really depends on the topography of the map. With Panthera I had to create a complete set of new missions using static locations. The issue being loot would spawn on one side of the hill and the AI on the other. You could run it on other maps just be wary of missions spawning underwater, up mountains in volcanos and other fun places!