[EMS] 0.2.6 Epoch Mission System

Fuchs

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the boxes integrated from EMS into the new system?

• Yes ,highly recommended !
    • No ,i don't care about !

For all having Problems with Vehicles disappearing

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

posted here ,read it !!!

http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dayzchernarus-mission-system.11991/page-11#post-82873

Note :Issue with mainmarkers ,cause they don't exist !

read this 2 posts !!!!!!!!

http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-mission-system.11260/page-20#post-82741

http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-mission-system.11260/page-20#post-82745

bodyclean.sqf should now give humanity when killed

found here http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dayzchernarus-mission-system.11991/page-11#post-82873 thx to opendayz.net community !

UPDATE released :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zklxrfqpn46u76h/Merged%20Mission%20System%20v0.2.7z

No ,sry it was for all !

Just going to have a quick look on your files !

cleanup.fsm

if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

server_updateObject.sqf seems wrong

if (!_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then {
	if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then
	{
		_object_position = getPosATL _object;
    	_isNotOk = true;
	};
};

//if (_object getVariable "Mission" == 1) exitWith {}; This is not recommended ,it's 4 the original files 

if (_object getVariable "Sarge" == 1) exitWith {};

I used this on our 1.7.6.1 rMod2.1 Server i dunno if it worx with epoch the same way
_objectID  = _object getVariable ["ObjectID", "0"];
_uid  = _object getVariable ["ObjectUID", "0"];

a shark bit me yesterday and i dunno why nothing spawns in 

private ["_heliStart1","_heliStart2","_heliStart3","_heliStart","_heliModel","_patrol","_wait","_dummymarker"];
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\SMGoMinor.sqf";
WaitUntil {MissionGoMinor == 1};

//Mission start
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Hover AI CH47", "PLAIN",10] call RE;
// Send message to users (http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1026-server-side-hintglobalchat-fix-deathmsg-fix/)
_hint = parseText format["<t align='center' color='#52bf90' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Test Mission</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>Hover AI CH47</t>"];
customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

MCoords = _heliStart select 1;
publicVariable "MCoords";
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\debug\addmarkers75.sqf";

_heliStart1 = [[5832.7402, 2016.9927,50]];
    _heliStart2 = [[7739.4199, 3129.2034,50]];
    _heliStart3 = [[12029.464, 3429.2671,50]];
    _heliStart = [_heliStart1, _heliStart2, _heliStart3] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_heliModel = "CH_47F_EP1_DZE";

_patrol = createVehicle ["CH_47F_EP1_DZE",_heliModel,_heliStart, [], 0, "FLY"];
    _patrol setVariable ["DZAI",1,true];
    _patrol setFuel 1;     
    _patrol engineOn true;
    _patrol flyInHeight 100;
    _patrol forceSpeed 20;
    _patrol setspeedmode "BEHAVIOR";

[_heliStart select 0,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server4.sqf";//AI Guards
sleep 3;
LandingParty addVehicle _patrol;
LandingParty move (_heliStart select 1);
waitUntil{(_patrol distance (_heliStart select 1)) < 50}; 
tentloot = createVehicle ["TentStorage",_heliStart select 1,[], 0, "NONE"];
tentloot setVariable ["DZAI",1,true];
sleep 1;

tentloot addWeaponCargoGlobal ["Binocular_Vector", 1];
tentloot addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemCompass", 1];
tentloot addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemGPS", 1];
tentloot addWeaponCargoGlobal ["NVGoggles", 1];
tentloot addMagazineCargoGlobal ["FoodCanBakedBeans", 4];
tentloot addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemBandage", 4];
tentloot addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemMorphine", 2];
tentloot addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemPainkiller", 2];
tentloot addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemWaterbottle", 4];
tentloot addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemKnife", 2];
tentloot addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemToolbox", 2];
tentloot addWeaponCargoGlobal ["ItemMatches_DZE", 2];
tentloot addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemBloodbag", 1];
tentloot addMagazineCargoGlobal ["Skin_Sniper1_DZE", 1];
tentloot addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemJerryCan",2];

waitUntil{{isPlayer _x && _x distance tentloot < 10  } count playableunits > 0}; 

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\debug\remmarkers75.sqf";

MissionGoMinor = 0;
MCoords = 0;
publicVariable "MCoords";

//Mission accomplished
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"you won^^", "PLAIN",6] call RE;

SM1 = 1;
[0] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\minor\SMfinder.sqf";

Awesome! the missions are now starting and every thing seems to work now.. just need to edit the load-outs and crates.

thank you and maybe it would be worth making a install of both Sarge and mission for your pack.

"server_updateObject.sqf seems wrong"

if (!_parachuteWest and !(locked _object)) then {
	if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then
	{
		_object_position = getPosATL _object;
    	_isNotOk = true;
	};
};

//if (_object getVariable "Mission" == 1) exitWith {}; This is not recommended ,it's 4 the original files 

I used this on our 1.7.6.1 rMod2.1 Server i dunno if it worx with epoch the same way
_objectID  = _object getVariable ["ObjectID", "0"];
_uid  = _object getVariable ["ObjectUID", "0"];

was the problem and Fix!, i looked back at all the other install/help form's and i think no ones mention that this is the fix for Epoch not starting missions.

once again awesome and Thx!

What is the latest version of this?

I just updated from my edited Chernarus Mission system to the version 0.2.7 and it is full of errors. 

5:01:39 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon MG36_DZ with scope=private

There is no MG36_DZ its just MG36. The MG36 is a G36 so never used the backpack slot and therefore was never changed in the mod. 

Also have a popup with a missing addmarkers1.sqf and the usual cfg errors that come with wrong weapon classes. 

As mentioned previously you need to let people know on the first page that your custom missions are spawning in armour and attack helicopters. They will cause a great deal of issues, particularly with base building and if someone gets a LAV or a BTR at the first mission spawn they can essentially drive around immune until server restart and wipe out peoples bases and vehicles. Not to mention battleye create vehicle kicks from using the weapons on the attack helicopters. 

Do you understand the word merge ?

I just merged it from TheSzerdi [He did his Missions for Namalsk , i just changed some coords in it],the other Part is from lazyink which is base on chernarus]

I dunno how often i wrote that ...

Fuchs while I appreciate your efforts, what you are basically doing is:

Using someone elses AI, someone elses Missions systems and saying they are Epoch edition. The original releases worked with Epoch anyway so I am not sure what the point of this thread is other than creating a lot of confusion. 

The loadouts, configs and missions themselves are not optimised for Epoch. 7 pages and numerous versions in and they still are not optimised for Epoch. It has been said more than once about the numerous loadout errors this throws up, it probably works great for Rmod, but I doubt many Epoch servers run Rmod since Epoch itself allows you to use any and every vehicle or weapon from Arma2 anyway. 

Secondly the Sarge Issue is also confusing people. You don't need to run Sarge for this. Sarge AI is not used in the mission systems. The server allowed object and cleanup variables are. In which case you are better creating another variable and saving users having to download the Sarge package from the server. 

My point is the Epoch devs stopped people posting collections of other peoples work because they created more problems than they fixed. With that being said I'm going back to the version I edited and will work on that from now on because at least it works. 

Fuchs while I appreciate your efforts, what you are basically doing is:

Using someone elses AI, someone elses Missions systems and saying they are Epoch edition. The original releases worked with Epoch anyway so I am not sure what the point of this thread is other than creating a lot of confusion. 

The loadouts, configs and missions themselves are not optimised for Epoch. 7 pages and numerous versions in and they still are not optimised for Epoch. It has been said more than once about the numerous loadout errors this throws up, it probably works great for Rmod, but I doubt many Epoch servers run Rmod since Epoch itself allows you to use any and every vehicle or weapon from Arma2 anyway. 

Secondly the Sarge Issue is also confusing people. You don't need to run Sarge for this. Sarge AI is not used in the mission systems. The server allowed object and cleanup variables are. In which case you are better creating another variable and saving users having to download the Sarge package from the server. 

My point is the Epoch devs stopped people posting collections of other peoples work because they created more problems than they fixed. With that being said I'm going back to the version I edited and will work on that from now on because at least it works. 

idiot - go and make me a script! thx!

Fuchs,

Found a bug, missing file in the release, probably going back to the original release.

In Major\SM9.sqf & Major\SM13.sqf you call for "fillLaunchBoxes.sqf" to put inventory in a crate. This file does not exist. In any of your releases.

[BOX] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\misc\fillLaunchBoxes.sqf";

Do you have this file for release? Do you want help creating it?

I'm working on customizing this pack you've released to better suite Epoch. My first goal is to adjust loot spawn so it's not so plentiful, and then to create or modify a mission to spawn industrial gear that would be used for base building. Cinder blocks, mortar, plywood and lumber packs, scrap metal, etc.

I wouldn't mind helping you with this project if you're interested. I don't have a ton of coding experience, but I can take existing stuff, read it, understand it, and modify it to work how I want. I also have a lot of experience configuring and setting up SargeAI.

Sweet, I'll start working on this ASAP tonight.

Getting the current files loaded on GitHub and some clear instructions for install should be first step.

Does anyone have any requests or suggestions for this?

One thing I'm interested in doing is either adding or modifying a mission to spawn industrial loot useful for basebuilding in Epoch. Thus making this an official Epoch exclusive edition of the Mission system.

Mimic will help me building this up and get it finalized to work with DayZ Epoch !

Progress:

#Github has been setup [contributor: mimic]

#Setup Tutorial

#Modifying loot and missions

#Bug Fixing

#Findind a way to fix show off the markers when players rejoin and

Future Updates:

#Sarge AI redefined by mimic [if he wants to share with us]

#DayZ Bandit AI [optionally planned but need permission from Butt Face]

#Adding new missions with focus on Epoch Settings

Mission Ideas:

that's our secret ! Hint: we call it EMS

I have a resolution for mission markers not showing for people who have joined after a mission started, or have died while a mission was running. Not actually a bug, just have to add some lines to your mission's init.sqf file. I'll detail it in an updated Readme with the updated install instructions tonight.