[Release] Custom Kill Messages

0verHeaT

So is this a fully functional working script? Is the OP updated with all these "fixes" I see?

I've seen it work fine in 1.0.5.1. Haven't read the entire thread, not sure about the fixes.

I have tested it with the updated version. None if these errors occures if you use the most recent version.

Just make sure you follow my steps. 

• 2 weeks later...

I do not understand this sentence   2. Create a new file in your mission.pbo called 'kill_msg.sqf'. Paste the following in it:

Create a new file in whatever text editor you use and save it as:kill_msg.sqf -> copy and paste the code that was linked in the instructions.

Copy the file into your mission pbo...add it to a new folder called 'custom' (or whatever else you want, really).

In his next step, add to init.sqf:

execVM "custom\kill_msg.sqf";

Create a new file in whatever text editor you use and save it as:kill_msg.sqf -> copy and paste the code that was linked in the instructions.

Copy the file into your mission pbo...add it to a new folder called 'custom' (or whatever else you want, really).

In his next step, add to init.sqf:

execVM "custom\kill_msg.sqf";

I did not find mission.pbo

In order for the kill script to display, it has to be TOLD what to display. If the server doesn't know and hasn't been sent any information on who killed who with what, how is the script supposed to know?

Great script mate, it's a pity it's been let down by the software to run it. 

The RPT is logging most kills, Script only shows some of them. All kills show fine on my killboard. Only 50% is shown ingame.

If you look at these lines

if ((gettext (configFile >> 'cfgWeapons' >> (currentWeapon _killer) >> 'displayName')) != "Throw") then {
	if (!isNil "_pic") then {

Just the kills where the picture of the gun is assigned and the ones where the weapon is not a 'throw' item (e.g. Grenades) are displayed ingame.

However, any of such kills are displayed in the .RPT.

If you look at these lines

if ((gettext (configFile >> 'cfgWeapons' >> (currentWeapon _killer) >> 'displayName')) != "Throw") then {
	if (!isNil "_pic") then {

Just the kills where the picture of the gun is assigned and the ones where the weapon is not a 'throw' item (e.g. Grenades) are displayed ingame.

However, any of such kills are displayed in the .RPT.

Makes Sense. Is it possible to show kills from AIs/NPCs?