[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

I am still using Release 2.1.0

I just checked 3 missions but the loot boxes are empty

everything else spawns, like mines and vehicles

the diabled pickup :crate empty

the black hawk crash :crate empty

the ikea :  crate  missing

is there some setting I need to set  to get them to spawn with loot ??

also for my static AI I placed on an island, what file do I add crates to spawn ??

I am still using Release 2.1.0

I just checked 3 missions but the loot boxes are empty

everything else spawns, like mines and vehicles

the diabled pickup :crate empty

the black hawk crash :crate empty

the ikea :  crate  missing

is there some setting I need to set  to get them to spawn with loot ??

see your signature for full instructions.

Sorry couldn't resist, there was a bug which has since been fixed.

Ok, will the missions still have their respective names? Like "Ural Wreck" and so forth?

Yes they will keep their names.

does the dynamic box loot from the weapon array now work? :)

Ehm wasn't aware it didn't before?

i have installed this onto my overpoch server 

the missions and ai spawn and the marker is shown on the map but there is no text on screen to inform players that a mission has started / finished

can any one help

Are you using some kind of custom message script?

do the static missions spawn now?

We didn't change anything regarding static missions in the latest patches. When configured correctly they should have no problems spawning.

Using the latest version, but people complaining about no loot at the missions and that they dont get the message that the mission is over, allready looked into my .rpt but cant find any error.

If they don't get the message it usually means the objective (kill all, get to the crate or assassinate) has not been finished and loot hasn't spawned in yet.

Any chance u can make it so we can define blacklists per world?

Maybe something using instance number for example. Would help us running several different maps. =)

Yes this is something we could add in the future. For now - as a workaround - you can enable 'static_missions' and 'custom_per_world' and make a file for each world simply containing a "blacklist" array to your liking. This should overwrite the default array in config.sqf.

In mayors_mansion

_mayor = [_position],1,"Hard","Random",4,"Random","Special","Random",["Bandit",500],_mission] call spawn_group;

should be

_mayor =[ [_position],1,"Hard","Random",4,"Random","Special","Random",["Bandit",500],_mission] call spawn_group;

If I'm not mistaken?

Yes you are probably right, but that's Testbranch stuff. It's untested and very much unsafe :P

In mayors_mansion

_mayor = [_position],1,"Hard","Random",4,"Random","Special","Random",["Bandit",500],_mission] call spawn_group;

should be

_mayor =[ [_position],1,"Hard","Random",4,"Random","Special","Random",["Bandit",500],_mission] call spawn_group;

If I'm not mistaken?

uh no, but thanks for pointing out my typo   :lol:

it should just be _mayor =[_position,1,"Hard","Random",4,"Random","Special","Random",["Bandit",500],_mission] call spawn_group;

1) What is the best way to define nation specific skin and weapon lists? I don't want to change the existing lists in the config.sqf but do want to have a specific list for the BAF (both weapons and skins) as well as a list for my bandits.

I can add a new array in the config.sqf but I'm having difficulty using it for missions.

2) Has anyone tried adding bandits inside a building? I was thinking of moving the Mayor mission inside a few buildings in the city. Thoughts?

I think i found a bug, not sure if it's mentioned already, but if you drive armed vodnik to missions, the AI's won't shoot at you. How would i fix such a thing?

Thanks

it's not a bug, just an arma situtation, if your AI don't have weapons capable of penetrating the armor of the vehicle they won't fire at it, even if it has an exposed gunner :/

give the AI rocket launchers or KSVK's and they will shoot :)

it's not a bug, just an arma situtation, if your AI don't have weapons capable of penetrating the armor of the vehicle they won't fire at it, even if it has an exposed gunner :/

give the AI rocket launchers or KSVK's and they will shoot :)

Thanks for the quick reply, that makes sense, thank you! :)

Thanks for the coding lesson.  lol!

Is there any way to add some AI bodies being strewn around and have loot on them if the chopper patrol gets shot down and crashes?

do you mean like heli crash loot or just the AI that were in the heli?

Just on AI bodies from the heli.  Like soon as the heli crashes there could be 3 dead bodies that spawn outside the chopper on the ground all with differing loot types and quantities.  That way there is some reward for shooting down the heli that likes to pepper random vehicles with death from above.  lol

Just on AI bodies from the heli.  Like soon as the heli crashes there could be 3 dead bodies that spawn outside the chopper on the ground all with differing loot types and quantities.  That way there is some reward for shooting down the heli that likes to pepper random vehicles with death from above.  lol

well as with almost everything, anything is possible but in this case there are numerous places that need code additions for this to work, if you really want it to be an optional feature in an upcoming update, file an issue report on github with the details and we can work on it

My players have been asking for it, and if you think about it it makes perfect sense.  Every other mission has a good reward in exchange for the risk of taking it on.  If you get to close to the heli patrol or choose to shoot at it, then you encounter substantial risk which should carry a reward for successfully eliminating the threat.

I will file a report on the Git.  Thanks!

For the life of me I can't get the static missions to spawn.

I have triple checked the static missions files all is good their and the paths.

In my rpt file all it says is "WAI: Initialising static missions"

But they not load and not spawn in game.

Would love some advise on this please as I am new to this website. thankyou for your time.

So I run a Napf server and have never noticed and vehicle missions spawn. Are they on by default?

I don't quite understand what you mean by this

For the life of me I can't get the static missions to spawn.

I have triple checked the static missions files all is good their and the paths.

In my rpt file all it says is "WAI: Initialising static missions"

But they not load and not spawn in game.

Would love some advise on this please as I am new to this website. thankyou for your time.

Have you entered any static spawns or are you just trying the default files?