DayZ Epoch hotfix coming?

Noobzilla

I was replying to another thread with this and just decided to post it here

I've given up on dayz entirely until there is a hot fix where I can open a program and my server is there. Hard to believe someone hasnt figured this out yet. shame really. even fully update steam ported etc nothing shows in commander. its dead software at this point imo. 

I just don't get it. How did this all even happen, it wasnt like gamespy decided it was shutting down at sunday dinner and come monday we were all screwed. It was announced months ago. 

I'm calling on people smarter than myself to find the entire community a solution before it dies entirely. 

I just don't get it. How did this all even happen, it wasnt like gamespy decided it was shutting down at sunday dinner and come monday we were all screwed. It was announced months ago. 

It was announced months ago and was supposed to shut DOWN months ago, then it didn't happen, and it didn't again, and it didn't again. Some people switched over to the latest patch for ARMA and that messed everything up so they went back until Gamespy shut down. Then BE put out tons of warnings on how you had to switch so people switched again and nothing worked. Then they switched back. Then BE forced people to change and everyone HAD to switch over and things didn't work. DotJosh updated his software, a little slow, but he updated it. Well the Steam reporting of servers requires the owners or the hosts to sometimes open up ports so it can report to steam, if you haven't done that or the host of your server hasn't, it will never show up.

I was replying to another thread with this and just decided to post it here

I've given up on dayz entirely until there is a hot fix where I can open a program and my server is there. Hard to believe someone hasnt figured this out yet. shame really. even fully update steam ported etc nothing shows in commander. its dead software at this point imo. 

I'm calling on people smarter than myself to find the entire community a solution before it dies entirely. 

DZL and DZC are working just fine for this. You have had to setup something wrong in your server's config files.

DZL and DZC are working just fine for this. You have had to setup something wrong in your server's config files.

works fine launching it out of multiplayer inside arma 2. I've tried every port imaginable on commander, no luck. 

hostName = "DayZ Epoch Chernarus Server (1.0.5.1/125548)";

password = "";
passwordAdmin = "";
maxPlayers = 2;
steamport = 8766;
steamqueryport = 27016;

motd[] = {"DayZ Epoch","Have fun!"};
motdInterval = 0;

logFile = "server_log.txt";
voteThreshold = 2;
voteMissionPlayers = 3;
timeStampFormat = "short";

vonCodecQuality = 11;
disableVoN = 0;
kickduplicate = 1;
verifySignatures = 2;
persistent = 1;
BattlEye = 0;
doubleIdDetected = "";

onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData = "";

regularCheck = "";
requiredBuild = 125548;
requiredSecureId = 2;

class Missions
{
    class Mission1
    {
    template = "DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus";
    difficulty="recruit";
    };

};

2i6i147.jpg

everything is fully up to date, and none of the ports are being blocked.

It worked flawlessly before gamespy shut down. There are 2,000 servers missing, we need a sure fire way that works for EVERYONE not just some.

Try adding it with your steam query port (probably 2301)

Yea.. DayZ launcher for the win here.  Never really cared for it the first time I checked it out but after a while I realized it doing the job where DC is no longer.

It's still new as well and I'm confident it'll get some changes.

DC .. you'll be missed.  You had a good run!