Replace Compiles.sqf

ATRealMaster

Question

15 answers to this question

do not change anything in dayz_code pbo itself.. you must move the file out of there first.

to change something you must copy and paste the file to your mission pbo and then change the pathing for your new custom location.

example move compiles to custom folder in the root of your mission pbo

change the path from \z\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf to custom\compiles.sqf  (in your init.sqf)

do not change anything in dayz_code pbo itself.. you must move the file out of there first.

to change something you must copy and paste the file to your mission pbo and then change the pathing for your new custom location.

example move compiles to custom folder in the root of your mission pbo

change the path from \z\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf to custom\compiles.sqf  (in your init.sqf)

I tried that and it made me invisible

I'd rather make a new one.

Using a already used compile:

when new version of epoch comes out, you have to do it again..

Using a custom one overriding only the ones you need:

you can leave it that way even if Epoch makes a new version.

Same for fn_selfActions, call it this way:

[] call fnc_usec_selfActions;
But its a bit tricky but once you understand the way you don't need to worry about new versions :)
How do I do that?

Start over please. Can you run a brand new fresh install of your server, join the game and play with no problems?

If the answer is yes, then, we can assume you've added something that broke things.

Plz let us know what you added or rather tried to add and we can help walk you through each step to get it working.

//Load in compiled functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Fixes\variables.sqf";

change that to

//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)

change that to

//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)

Sorry I forgot to mention that "Fixes\variables.sqf" is from Dayz_epoch_server and not dayz_code, That is for another addon, I tried to run it without  "Fixes\variables.sqf" But it still didn't work