[1.4.1] Snap Building PRO

He ramix are you getting paid.

We are excited to release two new custom mods! More products coming soon.

Snap Building Pro Installation cost: $20.00

Latest snap building release (1.2.1) from developer Raymix. Works for all Epoch maps including Overpoch.

Source - http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13886-121-snap-building-pro/
Video example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K56e3dV9PKU

Just got a email from Survival Servers ( Shit company )

Maybe it's me but ijust dont get how this is installed....Which one do i download and which one do install? they both seem to have the same files only the command has extra lines of code for itself. Also, because of the new updates recently...do i have to do anything with antihack or battle eye filters?

Please help!

He ramix are you getting paid.

We are excited to release two new custom mods! More products coming soon.

Latest snap building release (1.2.1) from developer Raymix. Works for all Epoch maps including Overpoch.

Source - http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13886-121-snap-building-pro/

Video example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K56e3dV9PKU

Just got a email from Survival Servers ( Shit company )

There is another company out there that installs 18+ addons up to date and more on the way like epoch origins and hopefully overpochins (one click buttons for free) kudos to them

Snap build pro is really great, but i have a little prob with the gaps. My server is running epoch 1.0.5.1 and Arma 125548. I use indestructible cinder/metal. Maybe this is the problem? I use one version before latest of snap build pro, because of the issue with modules in the ground are not snapping. But i tried to solve my problem with the newest snappoints.hpp. but this doesn`t solve the problem. Is there a fix ?

greetz, Ed

We've got a few players on our server that like to build water bases 1km or so from shore but we've found that once you get more than 20 or so floors from shore snap stops working?

The preview items will have snap points but the built objects won't, this only effects objects after a certain distance from land...

Heh, I don't know how to respond to that. It's sad yeah, but not the part where they charge for it. Sad part is that people actually pays for installation that involves simple copy/paste lol.. and I mean .. 20 bucks, lol you gotta be special kind of lazy to pay that price

Nice script but my problem is I didn't get the lastest version of infistar yet. Is there a way somewhere to find what I have to whitelist? Its not on the github nor on the readme anymore...

Awesome work tho :D

check network graph on github for previous versions of readme.md file. It contains info about actions that needs whitelisted. It also depends on how old your infistar AH is, there are 2 different formats how you add simple variable of addaction versus an array of actions.

Simply put - update your AH, lol, sorry I will not provide support for outdated AH directly.

Snap build pro is really great, but i have a little prob with the gaps. My server is running epoch 1.0.5.1 and Arma 125548. I use indestructible cinder/metal. Maybe this is the problem? I use one version before latest of snap build pro, because of the issue with modules in the ground are not snapping. But i tried to solve my problem with the newest snappoints.hpp. but this doesn`t solve the problem. Is there a fix ?

greetz, Ed

No, gaps are part of bug with Arma, someone already asked this few pages ago. It was to do with database not being able to handle more than 6 digits, hence them gaps. If you get obvious gaps DURING snap building, you got some script messing it up. I am running CPC indestructible bases just fine with this, just to point that out, too.

We've got a few players on our server that like to build water bases 1km or so from shore but we've found that once you get more than 20 or so floors from shore snap stops working?

The preview items will have snap points but the built objects won't, this only effects objects after a certain distance from land...

Thanks I've never actually tested this tool that far. It's problem with how Arma handles it's positions on different surfaces, quite annoying lol. 

As far as I remember snapping still uses ATL for auto snap which is looking for terrain. Might change that in future, thanks for pointing it out.

Any reason why sandbags and metal panels do not go translucent like floors and other walls do?

yes they are Arma's original models, so they dont have ghost preview. There's nothing you can do to fix it at this state, unless you are willing to create a custom ghost model yourself - 30% or 50% alpha _ca texture and remove geometry LODs.

edit: actually I might add ghost preview myself to a mod I am working on for epoch atm cheers lol. But it might take a while (could be released with 1.0.6 only)

Hey.. First of all lemme just say, Great work on this script... 

But, ive also got a few notes... do with them as you like.. :)

Its not quite straight forward to figure out how to use the snap tool when you approach this without having used it before, i had to go look at your video to figure out how to actually snap things, and i think it might need explaining a bit better, or perhaps rename the "F" button to Snap as that is what it does, and call the action menu something else.. as that does not snap as one would think is what would happen when you select "snap on"   

The issue i ran into was after selecting Snap Off from the action menu, it was unclear to me how i acutaly snapped stuff.. the descrition of the use of the "F" button to make it happen did not register with me, or with the duders i have testing my server with me, So explaining that a bit better would go a long way imo. 

The other thing i had to figure out by trial and error was the fact that the "snap balls" only show up on the item your character is looking at when you hit the "snap off" option in the action menu.. 

Its by all means nothing major, and all in all this is an excellent script.. :) i just figured id share my experience, as i figured you as a dev quickly get "blind" to the pitfalls newcommers might experience when first approaching this script. 

Again. Thank you for the script! ;)

@krusty: It's not backwards, lol I get where you are coming from. It was a decision - action menu naming is simply "current status" of snap.

So Snap: OFF means snapping is inactive, clicking it will activate it.

I believe auto-hover works the same way. It's an indicator of status not statement of action

yes they are Arma's original models, so they dont have ghost preview. There's nothing you can do to fix it at this state, unless you are willing to create a custom ghost model yourself - 30% or 50% alpha _ca texture and remove geometry LODs.

edit: actually I might add ghost preview myself to a mod I am working on for epoch atm cheers lol. But it might take a while (could be released with 1.0.6 only)

Still a great script! Thanks for everyone's hard work!

hey raymix

this script is awesome, good work =D

i seem to be having the same issue as krusty the snap wont activate when clicked in the action menu. is there a way round to getting the snap to activate

The "F" key simply "drops", snaps, or picks up the item.

If snap is on then the item will snap to whatever point (green orb) is active (if there is one active).

If snap is off then the item simply becomes a static object no longer bound to your character movement. Which, to me, is extremely helpful when not snapping things together automatically.

Maybe I am missing something with your question because snap does not activate with the scroll option, it activates by pressing "F", when the snap points are green. The scroll option is simply what action you want the "F" key to have when pressed.

Someone buy raymix a beer and send me the tab, because this mod is nothing but awesome.  :wub:

for some reason the snapping isnt working for me..im running Overpoch 1.0.5.1 and Arma 2 125548 with infistar version AH0332E i believe..i did all the things the tutorial said for the configuration on the files and the infistar files..the points and the scroll menu work just fine, but the F key doesnt even do anything, i cant even get a command menu show up..the scroll menu and the points are the only thing working, just points will not snap..dont know what is going on, im also using the indestructible items script if that has an effect on it.

okay i need some help.. im trying to run plot pole for life and snap pro.. in the init.sqf within my mpmissions/cherno 1/init.sqf..

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\initSnap\compiles.sqf";                   //Compile regular functions
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\initPlotLife\compiles.sqf";               //Compile regular functions
progressLoadingScreen 0.5;

ive got it set so it should work.. but only works one at a time.. cannot get both to work.. plz help me figure this out.. i have been trying for hours.

So I have players who where building based on the diamonds on the metal floor to make a half circle base. Is there a way to toggle the transparent pieces? 

Remove this from player_build.sqf

// if ghost preview available use that instead
	if (_ghost != "") then {
		_classname = _ghost;
	};

Can anyone tell me how I would go about adding additional building items into this system? Like a Castle Wall for example. I have this running with A plot for life and the Deploy Anything 2.8.0 mods. I know how to setup the Deploy Anything to deploy stuff like a castle wall, but it's not linked to Snap pro. I also don't know if the items would be indestructible like the base building items are.