Suggestion: Add ACS weapons pack (allows modular attachments of current guns)

Armifer

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12077

The ACS modular weapon pack doesn't add insane amount of extra guns to the game, instead it modifies the existing guns to allow players to customize their weapons with optical sights, silencers, flashlights, and other components.

The attachments are tool belt items, and you get a menu to add them to a gun your holding in real time. The attachments could be added to the loot tables so that players can mix and match to create their own variants. This would also allow certain gun variants to be zero-able or not, depending on how you guys would merge this with the current weapon addon. This would be great as some players do not like the zeroing of some scopes that were not meant to be zeroed, like the ACOG and PSO scopes, which are now inaccurate due to zeroing (ACOG scopes measured the shoulder width of a player to figure out which line to use to range find and fire on them, PSO scopes used the curved line to ascertain distance to target and which chevron to use when range finding and firing).

The other neat thing of this addon, is that you can still add fully customized weapons to the loot tables for players who do not wish to use it, they could just find the variants they love to use now. For those who want to change it up, this is perfect system, as they can swap out a CCO scope for a ACOG or a KOBRA for a PSO, add nade launchers, and other attachments to suit their play style.

Like the idea of it but only if one of the traders could buy/sell parts. and hero and bandit traders also sold some of the more rare or expensive parts. Also selling a gun u have modified at a trader should still be able to sell as its basic model. i.e a M4A1 with a silencer and a grip should still be able to sell as a M4A1 id the person chooses to leave the parts on it. And will pre existing parts like a acog on a m16 be able to able to swap out or be removed. also a personal thing, new weapon attachments should be held in a safes primary inv. and not in a gun slot if possible. 

It shouldn't be too hard to implement it is just another mod. Weapon components could be sold at traders since they are just another toolbelt item. I quite like this system although I've not used it in practice. 

The only issue is with the current zeroing system. I don't think it should have been added to most of the current weapons. There is a little but of misunderstanding on what and why you zero and weapon and the different weapons/scopes. it is a bit messy at the moment and getting out vehicles resets the zeroing, switching optics resets the zeroing. 

So the attachments and weapon variations work like this:

-Each attachment is its own tool belt object, you would find them like you find binocs, or a GPS, for example. You could add them to the traders just the same, and they could sell just like a tool belt item.

-Once an attachment is added to a gun, the gun 'becomes' a new version. Selling it would be just selling that gun version. Each gun has a classname, once the attachement is added, it swaps out the old gun, with the new one in your hands in real time, simulating you adding an attachement, when in reality it is an entirely new gun.

Examples with class names of the guns:

-AK_74 base rifle

-Grenade Launcher is attached.

-AK_74 becomes AK_74_GL

-Kobra optic is attached.

-AK_74_GL becomes AK_74_GL_kobra

Another example with classnames from the actual addon:

-ASC_M249

-ASC_Item_Optics_ACOG is attached

-ASC_M249   becomes   ASC_M249_ACOG

-ASC_Item_SD_556mmc (silencer for stanag) is attached

-ASC_M249_ACOG   becomes   ASC_M249_ACOG_SD

Each variant is its own classname, thus it can be sold as a whole gun to the trader, or sold part by part to an attachments trader, and the base gun sold to the weapons trader.

If you want more info, down load the addon, and check the read me for the 400+ combinations you can make on various guns.

We use this addon for our ARMA clan and its stable in those environments, not sure about in Epoch but its worth a shot.

I'd prefer to have the attachments "lootable only" just so we have a reason to loot hunt.  As it is now most everything is just bought and hoarded in safes.

Good point about the looting, definitely would be the way to implement loot drops through crash sites or mission events. Rather than adding them to specific, known loot table and locations. Epoch, like all the others needs things to be hard to find. I can limit availability of items and increase prices but if items are readily available and common it takes a lot away from the mod. 

Example, current loot drop of NVG's in barracks, i got three sets in 5 minutes. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You should really have a look at it for including it in the next Epoch release, would give some "Fresh" feeling to Epoch.

And why is CBA not already included? So much nice to have in it, for sure the functions that could be used in scripts, i miss them so much :/