Vilayer switch from GameSpy to Steam ISSUES

Tricks

Hey guys, running a Chernarus Epoch server with 1.0.5.1 and 112555 with no issues (other then tow/lift which will be the death of me lol). Vilayer just switched their service from GameSpy (out of business) to Steam. Vilayer warned that DayZ Commander will not work until they update as well. So we have to manually join a server though Arma's multiplayer menu. When I try to join my server I get this:

• You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_epoch, glt_m300t, pook_h13, csj_gyroar, jetskiyanahuiaddon.....

I am running version 1.63 and was on my server just hours ago without issue. can anyone help??

Thanks!!

Yes, but no :-)

There is an algorithm to convert this thing to the 17 digit number you need: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamID

If you have DB-access it's easiest to login, let a new character create and simply look your ID up in the player_data table.

Or you can start the game, click on Player Profile/Edit and get it from there.

o67i.png

I am using the newest steam build 1.63.125402 and I still can not see my entire guid in the player profile screen. Anyhoo if you cant get the ID there you can host a local server and when in game use the #userlist command to get your new 17 digit guid.

Hey guys,

nice to see that I'm not alone on struggling with this crappy steam update.

Since Vilayer configured my server from GameSpy to Steam or what ever they did, I cannot join it anymore.

Before they changed it, I had Epoch 1.0.5.1 with Beta 112555 installed and still have.

When trying to join my server via OA multiplayer menue I loose instantly connection with this error:

Registration failed: Couldn't resolve host name (Could not resolve host: register; no data record of requested type)

Well, thanks for this helpful information...

I cannot find my server in the server list only when I type in the IP directly.

Dunno what to do about it, any help?

Hey guys,

Since Vilayer configured my server from GameSpy to Steam or what ever they did, I cannot join it anymore.

Before they changed it, I had Epoch 1.0.5.1 with Beta 112555 installed and still have.

When trying to join my server via OA multiplayer menue I loose instantly connection with this error:

Registration failed: Couldn't resolve host name (Could not resolve host: register; no data record of requested type)

Try these steps :-

step 1: go to your operation arrowhead folder

step 2: delete the Arma2OA.exe file

step 3: delete the Arma2OAserver.exe file

step 4: go into your Expansion\ folder

step 5: delete the beta\ folder and all it's contents.

step 6: go to steam library -> operation arrowhead -> right click -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game.

step 7: wait for game to verify. When it's done you will have basic arma 2 files,

step 8: launch arma 2 oa with new files. exit the game after you see the main menu.

step 9: go to \Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\BEsetup\ and run the Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA.exe file, this will install the new Battleye on your machine

step 10: wait for game to update. When it's done you will have the new steam-only version of Arma2OA.

step 11: run Arma2OA with the new version and exit the game after you see the main menu.

To get in game :-

1) Open Steam and load Arma 2: OA (non beta)

2) From the menu options, select “Expansions”

3) Make sure that the following two setup options are completed.

i) Make sure that the Expansion “DayZ Epoch 1.0.5″ is visible and active. If it is not visible, use Steam to update Arma 2: OA (non beta) and repeat step 3 (i).

ii) Make sure that the Expansion “DayZ Epoch 1.0.4.2″ has been disabled.

4) Make sure any other DayZ Expansions have been disabled, inc Arma 2 DayZ Mod.

5) Exit out of the “Expansion” Menu by clicking “OK”; Arma 2: OA should restart after a warning message.

6) Once the game has restarted, select “Multiplayer”

Hey guys,

I'm getting the same message: "Registration failed..."

Edit: When I launched normal OA, then enabled Epoch in the Expansions menu, it works.

Hey guys,

I had the same problem except i was running 103718 and 1.0.4.2 prior to Vilayers 'switch'. I fixed it by going to ACP/addon manager/ uninstalled Epoch mod(not the db) and re-installed it again/ then upgraded to Epoch 1.0.5/then upgraded to Epoch 1.0.5.1/  As far as i could see all the steam ports etc were already added to config..so it was good to start up.

Then do Jgalla's steps above to make sure 'you' as a client are up to date with arma and obviously make sure your epoch is up to date, and i got in and my server has been accessable since AND showing on Arma MP List..

Hope this helps someone.

Try these steps.........

Well, thanks for the detailed description. :)

I would really like to test this out, but since 2 dayz, I'm unable to connect to Steam Network. :angry:

Please visit www.steampowered.com.....fuck you steam my router firmware is up to date and I was able to connect to your crappy network in the past only to get annoyed by your possessive business practices! I swore never to buy a game over steam again, neither to use steam in anyway again and now I'm suddenly forced to do...

The common octopus has slammed again.

If I will ever be able to test this out and sometime maybe to christmas be able to join my own server again, I will let you know guys.

Till then, fuck you again Steam right in the face, until you laugh and then because you laugh! :angry:

Where are my chill pills...? :wacko:

Well, thanks for the detailed description. :)

I would really like to test this out, but since 2 dayz, I'm unable to connect to Steam Network. :angry:

Please visit www.steampowered.com.....fuck you steam my router firmware is up to date and I was able to connect to your crappy network in the past only to get annoyed by your possessive business practices! I swore never to buy a game over steam again, neither to use steam in anyway again and now I'm suddenly forced to do...

The common octopus has slammed again.

If I will ever be able to test this out and sometime maybe to christmas be able to join my own server again, I will let you know guys.

Till then, fuck you again Steam right in the face, until you laugh and then because you laugh! :angry:

Where are my chill pills...? :wacko:

I think someone needs a cuddle :)

Try these steps :-

step 1: go to your operation arrowhead folder

step 2: delete the Arma2OA.exe file

step 3: delete the Arma2OAserver.exe file

step 4: go into your Expansion\ folder

step 5: delete the beta\ folder and all it's contents.

step 6: go to steam library -> operation arrowhead -> right click -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game.

step 7: wait for game to verify. When it's done you will have basic arma 2 files,

step 8: launch arma 2 oa with new files. exit the game after you see the main menu.

step 9: go to \Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\BEsetup\ and run the Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA.exe file, this will install the new Battleye on your machine

step 10: wait for game to update. When it's done you will have the new steam-only version of Arma2OA.

step 11: run Arma2OA with the new version and exit the game after you see the main menu.

To get in game :-

1) Open Steam and load Arma 2: OA (non beta)

2) From the menu options, select “Expansions”

3) Make sure that the following two setup options are completed.

i) Make sure that the Expansion “DayZ Epoch 1.0.5″ is visible and active. If it is not visible, use Steam to update Arma 2: OA (non beta) and repeat step 3 (i).

ii) Make sure that the Expansion “DayZ Epoch 1.0.4.2″ has been disabled.

4) Make sure any other DayZ Expansions have been disabled, inc Arma 2 DayZ Mod.

5) Exit out of the “Expansion” Menu by clicking “OK”; Arma 2: OA should restart after a warning message.

6) Once the game has restarted, select “Multiplayer”

Ok so i did all of this, for some reason everytime i verify my integrity or w/e it says 1 file needs to be reaquired. everytime even after i reinstall the game. now when i try to join the server my cmd comes up and says  

Starting Battleye Service...

Updating Battleye Service...

Launching game...

IMPORTANT: Please launch game via steam or command line "ArmA2OA_BE.exe 0 0 [parameters]" from now on.

any help please?

A member on this forum named brockie has provided the below steps on another post give them a read and if they work send him beans :)

http://epochmod.com/...ly-arma-update/

Here's my rollback guide, if you wanted older versions:

http://epochmod.com/...a-2-beta-patch/

And this is instructions for reinstalling battleye for clients:

http://epochmod.com/...ocking/?p=97281

Well, I'm still struggling...nothing is working properbly doesn't matter what I do.

Followed the steps above and I don't know how often I reinstalled all that shit now...

Actually I'm getting a message when starting the game saying: Addon 'sauerland' requires addon 'chernarus' :blink:

I'm so happy that I'm getting always new error messages it would getting boring otherwise...

After this message the loading Screen pops up and after an unsual time a new message pops up: No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.IlsPosition
After clicking okay I get kicked from the server with the message: No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.WorldName

Btw, all your links are dead jgalla.

Well, I'm still struggling...nothing is working properbly doesn't matter what I do.

Followed the steps above and I don't know how often I reinstalled all that shit now...

Actually I'm getting a message when starting the game saying: Addon 'sauerland' requires addon 'chernarus' :blink:

I'm so happy that I'm getting always new error messages it would getting boring otherwise...

After this message the loading Screen pops up and after an unsual time a new message pops up: No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.IlsPosition

After clicking okay I get kicked from the server with the message: No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.WorldName

Btw, all your links are dead jgalla.

Dam copy and paste :) lol

Here is a link to his share :-