Vilayer switch from GameSpy to Steam ISSUES

Tricks

Well, I'm still struggling...nothing is working properbly doesn't matter what I do.

Followed the steps above and I don't know how often I reinstalled all that shit now...

Actually I'm getting a message when starting the game saying: Addon 'sauerland' requires addon 'chernarus' :blink:

I'm so happy that I'm getting always new error messages it would getting boring otherwise...

After this message the loading Screen pops up and after an unsual time a new message pops up: No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.IlsPosition

After clicking okay I get kicked from the server with the message: No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.WorldName

Btw, all your links are dead jgalla.

You're not starting steam with the -mod parameter added to the command line, are you? If so, remove it and just make sure you have Epoch enabled in the Expansions page.

My first contact with computers lies 30 years in the past and normally I know what to do!

But this crappy steam update drives me nuts!!!

Nothing is working, I tried so many things, no matter what I do, it won't work!!!

I deinstalled all game content from my computer now! ANYTHING! I also cleaned my registry from this shit.

So, anyone...is able to explain how to start from the very beginning?!? (It's not that I didn't try that already. No I tried about 4 times now...)

Take notice:

I have a DVD version of Arma 2 and OA (Combined Operations)

I didn't buy it over steam.

I'm so pissed off about this shit that I'm shortly before to give up my server!

That's just not possible to release such a crap!!

What I tried over and over again is:

Installing Arma 2 and OA

Added both as non steam game to steam.

Added cd key to steam.

Verified the game files.

Launched without and with all Beta's getting errors like:

Addon 'sauerland' requires addon 'chernarus'

No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.IlsPosition

No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.WorldName

Could not launch game (missing executable)

and multiple other error messages.

I'm shortly before to go on a rampage...

Rampaging I'm used to from the players on our server, failing to setup their game via the Arma multiplayer interface.

Typically the issue is quickly resolved using a bat-file, to be placed in your Arma2OA directory.

Cen posted his servers' files here (#10) I adaped them for our servers, e.g.

@echo off
set arma2oapath=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
set arma2path=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2
set IP=178.33.218.120
set PORT=2302
set MODS=@DayZ_Epoch;
start ""  "%arma2oapath%\ArmA2OA_BE.exe" 0 0 -skipintro -mod=%MODS% -noSplash -noFilePatching -world=empty -connect=%IP% -port=%PORT% "-mod=%arma2path%;expansion;"
@exit

Naturally you'll have to substitute your own arma2(oa)path.

As you see, this bat uses the ArmA2OA_BE.exe installed during Steam (beta) update.

If you still have (or re-install and update via DZC) the expansion/beta/Arma2OA.exe you can call this in a similar bat-File (with some more -mod parameters to the expansion/beta directory) to connect to servers not yet updated. No need at all for up/downgrading via Steam.

Edit: for reference purposes here an example for 1.62 (Overpoch):

@echo off
set arma2oapath=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
set arma2path=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2
set IP=5.62.102.207
set PORT=2302
set MODS=@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;
start ""  "%arma2oapath%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" -skipintro -mod=%MODS% -noSplash -noFilePatching -world=empty -connect=%IP% -port=%PORT% "-mod=%arma2path%;expansion;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion"
@exit

Seriously guys, given that even with a functional DZC you have to interactively change the -mod parameters when switching maps, I cannot understand why everyone insists on using GUIs.... generation Windows, I guess....

My first contact with computers lies 30 years in the past and normally I know what to do!

But this crappy steam update drives me nuts!!!

Nothing is working, I tried so many things, no matter what I do, it won't work!!!

I deinstalled all game content from my computer now! ANYTHING! I also cleaned my registry from this shit.

So, anyone...is able to explain how to start from the very beginning?!? (It's not that I didn't try that already. No I tried about 4 times now...)

Take notice:

I have a DVD version of Arma 2 and OA (Combined Operations)

I didn't buy it over steam.

I'm so pissed off about this shit that I'm shortly before to give up my server!

That's just not possible to release such a crap!!

What I tried over and over again is:

Installing Arma 2 and OA

Added both as non steam game to steam.

Added cd key to steam.

Verified the game files.

Launched without and with all Beta's getting errors like:

Addon 'sauerland' requires addon 'chernarus'

No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.IlsPosition

No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.WorldName

Could not launch game (missing executable)

and multiple other error messages.

I'm shortly before to go on a rampage...

Make sure you are not starting Arma 2 OA with any -mod command line arguments. Next, go into the game and click on Expansions and make sure only Arma 2 and expansions are enabled along with Epoch 105. Make sure nothing else is enabled.

You don't need to opt into the Arma 2 OA beta anymore. 1.63 was pushed to stable, so everyone gets that version now when they install Arma 2.

Make sure you are not starting Arma 2 OA with any -mod command line arguments. Next, go into the game and click on Expansions and make sure only Arma 2 and expansions are enabled along with Epoch 105. Make sure nothing else is enabled.

Well....I still cannot handle it. :angry:

Fresh install of Arma2 and OA.

Added both to Steam as non-steam game.

Strange thing here that Arma 2 is only a shortcut, no gamefiles were downloaded through Steam.

Only OA downloaded the game files. I'm a bit confused about this...

No launch parameters and no beta files installed for OA.

The game starts and in the very first menue it says 1.63 125548. So far so good...

When I add the mods Epoch and Overwatch (I'm running an Overpoch Server) and I start the game, a window pops up before the game starts saying:

Addon 'sauerland' requires addon 'Chernarus'

or even:

dayz_anim" requires addon "CAmisc_fix

Takes a while to get into the game menue...then it says No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.IlsPosition

In the expansion menue I have then 2 new entries:

Vilas's Eastern Weapons Pack

Bell 47 and H-13 variations

Activation of both and a restart of the game results again in Addon 'sauerland' requires addon 'Chernarus' and No entry: bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.IlsPosition

Bell 47 and H-13 variations is activated then but not the Vilas Pack.

I'm getting the same errors using -nosplash -mod=@DayzOverwatch;@Dayz_Epoch

So in the end I'm stuck again at this point...no matter what I try...

I simply guess that Arma 2 is not set up correctly in steam, because when I started and had my old files installed (which were working before this crappy update)

I had correct data shown up in the menu, with Epoch and Overwatch etc.

Only when joining my server I had this message of missing Addons...but now it's more worse then before...

This crap is very, very annoying and confusing...

I'm at my wit's end...

• 3 weeks later...