safe is empty after restart if you open it

glowpowner

Question

I'm at work at the moment, but i think a player said that the Safes are now working correctly, not sure though,.

I have a auto servermessage about the safe bug, this is a copy from my server chat console, he answered a couple of seconds later.

I asked them yesterday to put something in it and take a look a after restart:

11:00:01 BattlEye Server: RCon admin #0: (Global) Safes are bugged, do not use them! save your gear in a vehicle and lock it!

11:00:16 BattlEye Server: (Side) Kxxs: they are fixed

11:00:22 BattlEye Server: (Side) Kxxs: we have tested

I believe he answered that message.....

* I added "true" (that was missing) to the "LockedStorage"section in the server_monitor just like in the vbawol github.

Copy Server_monitor.sqf:

if (count _intentory > 0) then {

if (_type in DZE_LockedStorage) then {

// Fill variables with loot

_object setVariable ["WeaponCargo", (_intentory select 0),true];

_object setVariable ["MagazineCargo", (_intentory select 1),true];

_object setVariable ["BackpackCargo", (_intentory select 2),true];

Have to test it myself later today.

This file and edit, comes default with a fresh 1.0.5.1 server. This isn't the issue, for me at least. 

Just had 2 people lose stuff.

One opened the lock and he had like 180 items on it, now it's all gone.

Also another player lost all the stuff he had in his inventory but his backpack is fine...

Tent gear, vehicle gear and player gear are save. Safes are not...

I have had this too and came to the conclusion that somehow the missions wasnt loading properly. I manage to get logs of someone who it had happened to and found selfactions was trying to reference servertraders var, which I do not use in my mission.

What is causing it, no idea...

I've done a lot more than this... and I still have the problem a lot.  Players are starting to not use safes like 30mins from a restart so maybe that helps too.

I tell you a lot of them are pretty pissed and are boycotting arma3 epoch because of all the losses lol

Any more thoughts on this issue? Here's one issue recently posted by one of my players:

Hi Zed, so yesterday me Dhamon and 1 more player did a mission in the most NE island, in that mission and after being given an m14aim to sell because of its value, i ended up finding a camo outfit, that to my unfornate knowledge made my backpack items go missing for the most part (m14 included), they said that was normal and i didnt make 2 much out of it. 

At this point i was lended briefcases of gold, which were stored in a safe in my base and they were lended so i could buy an heli and a vehicle that i wanted and i was then going to repay the gold little by little, was a lovely gesture, so after mission i decided to go buy the heli so asked help to player Sledge Hammer to go with me by jeep to get it, after about 2 min of road i remembered i wasnt carrying any money so i had to cancel my intentions of buying at that time since i had to log off because girlfriend needed help, so before i did (and boy do i regret this) i decided i would get the 8 briefcases of gold in my inventory into my backpack so when i relogged i would go by myself to the trader (if i didnt have no1 to go with me).

Afterwards i logged off, since like i said i had home stuff to do, after a couple of hours (if im not mistaken) i relog and to my surprise my character was back to the exact time and space and appearance and items it had before i changed to that stupid camo soldier clothing. So i was back on that NE island, with my previous clothing, my previous backpack invetory (the m14 aim was in my backpack now is in my shed) and all the 8 briefcases of gold had just vanished.

Unfortunately at that time Dhamon or any other admin werent logged so i had no choice but 2 wait for an admin, that happened only today, meanwhile i have been telling this in the general chat to some (KZ members ) in case conversations r logged so u can know the times. Now i found Dhamon and he asked me to say everything that happened, in the forum, so im doing so.

Maybe the information he provides gives some clues?