safe is empty after restart if you open it

glowpowner

Question

I can't see it being anti hack as it works between log offs just not restarts

So if I log on spawn a safe , open it add some gear lock it then log off and back in its fine all there

Restart the server and log in its all gone but still shows in the database ie the contents I added prior to restart are all shown as being in the safe but are not shown in game

Also FYI if I roll back to prior to the upgrade and restore my DB it all works so it's something that's in 1.0.5.1

I followed the upgrade between versions I didn't go straight from 1.0.4.2 to the latest I went to 1.0.5.0 first as that contains a DB schema change (as far as I understand anyway)

I also had the same problem and it turned out to be my mistake. I hadn't correctly diffmerged my existing 1.0.4.2 server files with the new 1.0.5.1 ones so i went through each file again to double check.  I can't recall which one it was but i had missed an }; somewhere which broke the vaults. if i had to guess it was either server_UpdateObject or server_functions

Also FYI if I roll back to prior to the upgrade and restore my DB it all works so it's something that's in 1.0.5.1

I followed the upgrade between versions I didn't go straight from 1.0.4.2 to the latest I went to 1.0.5.0 first as that contains a DB schema change (as far as I understand anyway)

AFAIK there are no schema changes. How close to restart are you guys locking/unlocking safes?

The vilayer update job said updating schema from 1.0.4.2 when going to 1.0.5.0 so I presumed there was , the safes were showing as empty straight after the upgrade so it's not the old issue with opening / closing etc right before restart and as I said even after they show empty in game the DB still shows what should be in there in the object table.

I thought at first it may be the old issue but testing seems to rule that out :(

Ok so I set it all back to default via the livesync and re-added my stuff (custom files , missions , addons , anti hack etc)

Now stuff seems to be back in the safes !

However logs are full of messages I haven't seen before

7:32:21 Creation of object Agent 0x23c90080 failed, state LOGGED IN

7:32:21 Ref to nonnetwork object Agent 0x23c90080

7:01:51 Ref to nonnetwork object 310d3040# 984428: suv.p3d

7:01:51 Ref to nonnetwork object 310d2080# 984431: m1035_transport.p3d

Also not seeing DZMS or WAI missions starting but I may have missed a step there !

Mine is now all working , was actually some system files I hade over written with old files

In short I had to reinstall the latest epoch (No need to restore my SQL DB as it had already been updated) then re add all my addons / custom stuff as if it were a new build but all working now with the latest AH and the battleye files etc (all infistar provided)

I removed the anti-duping code from Maca to see if that resolves my issue. Seems to be one thing we all seem to have in common.

I still have safes emptying out and no reason why. I started with default files and added in my mods 1 by 1 testing each.

Issue is most likely an new function has been written over with an old one

How did you re-add your files / mods ?

I literally did a full update again via the live sync (I went back to 1.0.4.2 then to 1.0.5.0 then 1.0.5.1 you have to update in sequence)

Then added my mods on as if I were starting from new so I didn't replace any files I amended existing ones with what was required

Key files are server_functions.sqf & server_monitor.sqf don't jus replace with your previous ones if you backed them up as this WILL break it

Hope you sort it