News about 1.0.5?

VidKo

Yes, but I'm guessing we'll need to use these new id's for things like infistar and other mods that use player ID as BetterDeadThanZed mentioned....?

this will working without an issue.

all what to do, is change your Player ID in the config with your Steam ID...

Yes, but I'm guessing we'll need to use these new id's for things like infistar and other mods that use player ID as BetterDeadThanZed mentioned....?

I don't use Infistar so I'm guessing that it does the same thing as the Epoch Admin Tools and it uses UID, not PlayerID, to determine who is an admin so there shouldn't be any problems with that.

So which one is again linked to your character in the database? UID or PlayerID? As I said: too many numbers for a single game.

UID is a long unique number for each player. If you check your profile in Arma 2, you'll find it. It stays the same for all players across all servers and all Arma 2 games.

CharacterID is generated with each player's life and is a progressive number in the server's database.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what PlayerID is. I don't have access to my database right now because I'm at work so I can't check.

I don't use Infistar so I'm guessing that it does the same thing as the Epoch Admin Tools and it uses UID, not PlayerID, to determine who is an admin so there shouldn't be any problems with that.

sorry i mean PlayerUID

as example my UID:

PlayerUID: 16953158 (OLD)

now with the new Beta:

PlayerUID: 76561197983663439 (steamID)

sorry i mean PlayerUID

as example my UID:

PlayerUID: 16953158 (OLD)

now with the new Beta:

PlayerUID: 76561197983663439 (steamID)

Ok then. That clarifies it. It also means that for people like me, that use a permanent plot pole mod that uses the UID (PlayerUID) for all buildables now have bases that can no longer be maintained.... 

Ok then. That clarifies it. It also means that for people like me, that use a permanent plot pole mod that uses the UID (PlayerUID) for all buildables now have bases that can no longer be maintained....

thats right, and also you will get a new character

Quickly looked into a server database.

• PlayerUID is connected to your PlayerName in the player_data
  • PlayerUID is connected to your CharacterID in the player_login (but that is not really important)
  • PlayerUID is connected to your CharacterID in the character_data

Dont have access to code or my account right now. So the PlayerUID is the UID or the PlayerID?

Edit: posted after reading this comments above. Sry

thats right, and also you will get a new character

so im guessing people will start on the coast again..  Thats going to be fun lol.  Guess we could always copy and past there gear into the new character ID.  will be fully testing this patch as soon as i get off work.

Red it now. That stuff makes sense, but I dont think that you will find a solution for that, BetterThanZed. You just cant predict what the new number of the player will be.

Which leads us again back to the problem I mentioned before. Beta patches will appear randomly. Clients will always load them before playing the game and these beta patches can destroy quite some stuff. So there is a risk in every new day from now on :D

Red it now. That stuff makes sense, but I dont think that you will find a solution for that, BetterThanZed. You just cant predict what the new number of the player will be.

Which leads us again back to the problem I mentioned before. Beta patches will appear randomly. Clients will always load them before playing the game and these beta patches can destroy quite some stuff. So there is a risk in every new day from now on :D

I guess were going to need rolling messages telling people to shut off Auto update lol.... *dies inside*

Well, how bad is that really? 90% of the dayz player die once a day. You still have the old character data. Just copy the data over. On request of course. Additional admin work for two days.

When you play exclusively PvE, it's a big deal. We have players that have bases that they've been working on, loot they're carrying. Many survive weeks without dieing. I also have a permanent plot pole mod that ties the plot poles and buildables to a player's UID.

Not sure if it's entirely true, but from information I've been given, DayZ Commander will be updated to work with Steam Servers once the whole Gamespy drop takes place. That being said dealing with patches should still be just as easy. That's ofc if this information is correct, fingers crossed.

Sounds good. Any source on that information?

My server host said he got in contact with DotJosh, and that's the info that was given to him.

Here's the exact quote.

As many of you are aware, GameSpy shutdown is nearing (30th June 2014) we are not 100% sure what problems this will cause however we have been in contact with DotJosh (Creator of DayZ Commander) and he assures us his program will remain operational past this date.