Arma 2 update 112555

cring0

Thats for the 1.63.112555 and pervious betas.

Current dev branch beta is 1.63.124802, which is only available by switching your Steam version of A2:OA to the beta/dev branch.

MGT, I have 124802 working on my local test server, fixing up a test on my dedi atm, see if it spits out any errors on a Xeon :D

Also, add these to the top of your config.cfg file:

steamport =8766;  //default 8766, needs to be unique if multiple serves on same box

steamqueryport =22816; //default 27016, needs to be unique if multiple servers on same box

Apparently it freaks if you don't put these in :)

Server fires up but as soon as I try and join it says session lost even though the server is running. I'm still running 112555 on my computer that i'm connecting with, if I need the Steam build there's not much point updating the server as players will need a programming certificate to update ;)

Server fires up but as soon as I try and join it says session lost even though the server is running. I'm still running 112555 on my computer that i'm connecting with, if I need the Steam build there's not much point updating the server as players will need a programming certificate to update ;)

Lmao isn't that the truth +1.. : ( will hold on 1.62 for now until i can test more especially this deletevehicle craziness lol 

verifysignatures=0

Server spazzes out with signature verification on, crashes without dump file generation, could be a memory allocator/allocation issue.

Not with me, if I try with dayzcommander it gives an error that 1.62 is older then 1.63 and just.. stops

Yeah, same here.  My buddy had no problem but it tells me this when I try.

I'll just wait until 1.0.5 comes out and we're told which version of OA we need... much easier that way. 

The problem is 112555 is broken with some gamebreaking bugs like deletevehicle not functioning properly being the worst, so servers like mine which are full nearly 24/7 take a server fps hit because cleanup is bust.

Most servers had to update to it as players see a new patch on DZC and assume that it must be installed, we had a lot of complaints about players not being able to join so had to run with it.

1.63.124802+ Will be needed when GameSpy is fully dead. It's up to josh to sort out dayz commander and get everyone updating to the beta branch that is only going to be available via steam seems as the old system of updating is now dead. You can't join a server with a version lower then 1.63.124802 if your server is running 1.63.124802.

If you can't get a server running with 1.63.124802 check this post here to download a full fresh install of 1.63.124802 on your server and rebuild your server around it.

Edit >>

Remember you don't run out of the Expansion\beta directory any more. You have run your server using the new arma2oaserver.exe that is in the main directory, so you will have to edit your startup.bat also.

I haven't had to re-download A2/OA to get a server working on 1.63.124802.  Local and on my dedicated server.

I haven't had to re-download A2/OA to get my client version back to 1.62.103718 either.

Don't know what you guys are doing wrong or are not doing correctly tbh. 

The only thing that makes the server freak is having verifySignatures set to anything but zero.  It then fails to load and goes into a suspended state where it isn't loaded, but hasn't crashed and does not produce a dump file.

Now, running a server with signed files on verifysignatures =0; isn't a smart move as your open to file manipulation by clients.  For the time being I'm running my dedibox test server with a password.

Working out all the bugs from the Epoch and non-Epoch code & scripts I run on my public servers, so when the big push over to a proper STABLE branch does come, I'm not gonna be caught with my pants down carrying a Massive error laden RPT file under my arm.

Obviously 124802 is a DEVELOPMENT branch of the main file, so hopefully with the next update of that they will fix the sigs issue and push that through onto the STABLE Branch.

The biggest bug is the loot cleanup being broken.  So a server never despawns it's loot, the other object cleanups do work.  Which is probably because the loot cleanup (server_spawnCleanLoot) is in a seperate loop in the cleanup within the server_functions file  and is throwing an undefined variable error.  Which is also present on 112555 going by what I've been PM'd from other people about.

Most of the other errors I've encountered has been from custom code, like the various mission/event systems available.

Just tried connecting to my dev server running 124802 with a 112555 client and it did not work, gave me a session lost message. 

I'm testing it (124802) now and I've not gotten any significant errors, other than:

22:11:58 "DEBUG: unable to find suitable vehicle to spawn"
22:11:34   Error position: <(GUI_path + "GUI_styles.hpp") + _br;
{
_>
22:11:34   Error Missing ;

Can't really say much about the loot spawn clean up though. I run the 1.0.4.2 server files, except I have updated server_monitor.sqf to the later version. That version has 

// diag_log ("CLEANUP: DELETED A " + str(_type) );

Although I still see the script intializing but guess that doesnt really say much.

The server crashed and gave me a session lost message with the signature verification at 0.

Just to be clear, my server crashes with verification set to 0 but 1 & 2 works just fine, given you have the same patch as the server.

I pushed the 112555 build out onto a few servers, many complaints of bad fps drops caused us to roll back to the stable 103718.

In the config.cfg you will find

reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";

So for us to switch off of gamespy we would have to get a new reportingIP from BIS.

Our servers performance has Increased after updating. not sure why yours hasn't

Updated all my servers to 112555 now. I have not seen any major issues, although I don't have great player numbers :)

Only thing I noticed was:

7:12:15   Error Undefined variable in expression: _vehicle
 7:12:15 File z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf, line 256
 7:12:15 Error in expression <imit = _random select 1;

_qty = {_x == _vehicle} count serverVehicleCounter;

>
 7:12:15   Error position: <_vehicle} count serverVehicleCounter;

>
 7:12:15   Error Undefined variable in expression: _vehicle

pREDDYtv: i figured out how to go to the old patch
pREDDYtv: Open up your game folder (if in steam, its C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common or where ever else you might have installed it.) Delete the Games EXE file and the Server EXE file. Then go to steam, right click on arma 2 OA and set it to only update when you want it to. Then click the local files tab at the top and then click "Verify integrity..." this will re-download just the two EXE files you deleted. This will take a minute or 2. Once that's done, you will essentially have version 1.00 installed.
pREDDYtv: open up dayz commander and you can now select whatever patch you want

I just wish 1.0.5 would be released and that DayzCommander would be updated to the latest Arma 2 patch so we can all be on the same version again. My servers are still running 103718 because of the bug that makes purchased vehicles vanish.

Afaik, the new patch is Steam only and will require Steam .dll's, editing of your config files and other stuff to enable the server to work with Steam server browser, also the new files are required to make the server start. For this reason, unless Dotjosh can pull a rabbit out of a hat, I doubt the new patch will make it to DZC, even if it does it will be useless to server owners.

I just wish 1.0.5 would be released and that DayzCommander would be updated to the latest Arma 2 patch so we can all be on the same version again. My servers are still running 103718 because of the bug that makes purchased vehicles vanish.

comment out the following in the server_updateObject. I believe its line 39...

//if (_isNotOk) exitWith { deleteVehicle _object; diag_log(format["Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at pos [%2,%3,%4]",typeOf _object,_object_position select 0,_object_position select 1, _object_position select 2]); };

Wait, why the f is commander telling me I don't have ACR installed or it's corrupted when I try to install 103718...  wtf does Army of the Czech Republic have anything to do with this?  ffs ACR isn't part of OA right?

Afaik, the new patch is Steam only and will require Steam .dll's, editing of your config files and other stuff to enable the server to work with Steam server browser, also the new files are required to make the server start. For this reason, unless Dotjosh can pull a rabbit out of a hat, I doubt the new patch will make it to DZC, even if it does it will be useless to server owners.

So every time that an Arma 2 has an update, and updates the client, the server will need to get updated as well? I hope the server companies can keep up with the updates.