[WIP] ZFM-FairMission System-Dynamic,Modular & Balanced (Alpha release 90% complete, Test builds frequently available) - Actively developed

Thank you Zamboni for putting them on your huge todo list. :P

I kinda knew not all of them could be made so quickly, but i can't wait to see them in the system.

Also would you mind if i posted more of these ideas?

Please post as many as you can! I will happily tell you if they're infeasible or not, and then assign a stage of development to them :)

I did have another idea for something (which the more astute among you will have noticed in the code) called FAKEBAMBI. I was making some tests to see if I could make some AI code that would tell an AI to find a survivor and follow them around or cause ambushes.

Cool i already have a few more then :P

Taxi an Officer or Rich guy from South of the map to the North at least 5km between point A and B.

Basically taxi a AI and get it to point B, this will give a reward of Gold and Humanity.

Rescue the Hero/Bandit!

A Hero/Bandit has been captured and is being beaten to death, rescue this poor fellow as quick as you can.

The mission is a timer mission the play it can either be for Heros or Bandits, the setup could be an house with the Victim AI inside and 2 to 4 enemy AI.

Defuse the Bomb.

A group of bandits have killed a group of Military Soldiers and got a hold of some Satchel charges, they have put them to use and put them inside a Church.

Find the Church and disarm the Satchel Charges before it is to late.

This mission can be done by anyone and rewards you satchel charges (the ones you disarm :D ), the Church can either be spawned somewhere or can use an actual Church in Cherno for example.

(Hero mission) Help the Bambi.

A bambi (AI) needs your help to find ammo for his pistol (Makarov), the Bambi can be found somehwere on the shore.

This mission is aimed at Heros, just a simple mission and just a small reward of Humanity.

Military forces has just dropped there troops and vehicles to prepare for coordinating Artillery strikes on the island. (Super mega hard mission)

A C130 just dropped About 20 War machine AI with High Caliber guns and Rocket launchers, 2 more HMMWV GPK (M2).

They setup a base of operations and have Static 50 caliber guns surrounding there base, Once 75% of the Military is dead they will call in air support for even more troops between 10 and 20 more AI and that same heli will start helping them gun down any players.

Once the mission is over a there will be tons of loot from the body's and Crates around the Compound.

Kill the Bird.

A C130 is stuck in auto pilot and is flying around Cherno in circles, kill this bird and maybe get something from the wreckage.

This could drop some nice all around loot, but maybe focus on food and industrial loot.

Be the Alpha Dog.

A small group of soon to become heros are asking you the hero to become there leader and take out a small bandit camp in the woods.

This mission will give you control over 3 AI and Lead them to victory to become real heros, the bandit camp has 5 or 6 bandits and are pretty easy to kill.

To make sure the player doesnt use those AI for any other purpose you could put a timer on it once the player has control over them.

This is enough for now i have to get some sleep, let me know what you think.

Ok, switched back to the working ZFM files. The problem is without a marker for JIP, I can't test the missions if they appear before I get on the server. I was just on my server and there were three missions according to the log file, but none on my map because I joined after they started.

Yep, I missed that one out. I have added that as a bug, I forgot that markers aren't synced with JIP -- will hopefully have the mission stack fully tested and deploying random missions post-haste :lol: Raised as an issue (https://github.com/zambino/fairserver/issues/11)

In terms of the mission recommendations, I have raised the first batch as feature requests:

Rescue the Hero/Bandit!

A Hero/Bandit has been captured and is being beaten to death, rescue this poor fellow as quick as you can.

The mission is a timer mission the play it can either be for Heros or Bandits, the setup could be an house with the Victim AI inside and 2 to 4 enemy AI.

Would fall under https://github.com/zambino/fairserver/issues/14

Defuse the Bomb.

A group of bandits have killed a group of Military Soldiers and got a hold of some Satchel charges, they have put them to use and put them inside a Church.

Find the Church and disarm the Satchel Charges before it is to late.

This mission can be done by anyone and rewards you satchel charges (the ones you disarm :D ), the Church can either be spawned somewhere or can use an actual Church in Cherno for example.

Love this idea -- yeah, fairly straightforward. Raised here https://github.com/zambino/fairserver/issues/15

(Hero mission) Help the Bambi.

A bambi (AI) needs your help to find ammo for his pistol (Makarov), the Bambi can be found somehwere on the shore.

This mission is aimed at Heros, just a simple mission and just a small reward of Humanity.

This one I think needs more detail -- if it is bambi missions, I'd like to make the missions for helping actual bambis, rather than AI bambis. So for instance, if it's a player bambi, giving away their location could make it far too hard on new players if there are particularly-agressive bandits around. It'd be a good idea to increase humanity if someone picks up a bambi. i.e. They use a radio of their own volition to ask for a pickup.

Military forces has just dropped there troops and vehicles to prepare for coordinating Artillery strikes on the island. (Super mega hard mission)

A C130 just dropped About 20 War machine AI with High Caliber guns and Rocket launchers, 2 more HMMWV GPK (M2).

They setup a base of operations and have Static 50 caliber guns surrounding there base, Once 75% of the Military is dead they will call in air support for even more troops between 10 and 20 more AI and that same heli will start helping them gun down any players.

Once the mission is over a there will be tons of loot from the body's and Crates around the Compound.

Personally, I would side against this as I think it's more ARMA2 than it is DayZ. DayZ I think is more about minimalism and survival. If someone else wants to add this, I'm more than happy to oblige :)

Kill the Bird.

A C130 is stuck in auto pilot and is flying around Cherno in circles, kill this bird and maybe get something from the wreckage.

This could drop some nice all around loot, but maybe focus on food and industrial loot.

I like this idea, too. I think missions with planes circling over an entire map would give the impression more of a plane in trouble. I was contemplating having longer, flown planes, which take a course over cities, etc, and then crash at a pre-determined location. The issue I have is that, to take down a C130 on most servers without rocket launchers or targeted missiles would be difficult as I don't think rocket launchers are Vanilla epoch compatible. If it were something like some missiles spawn in random locations and people have to work together to destroy the plane, then it'd work fine. If the plane was taken down, then as soon as it hit the floor, it'd be a CRASH mission :)

Be the Alpha Dog.

A small group of soon to become heros are asking you the hero to become there leader and take out a small bandit camp in the woods.

This mission will give you control over 3 AI and Lead them to victory to become real heros, the bandit camp has 5 or 6 bandits and are pretty easy to kill.

To make sure the player doesnt use those AI for any other purpose you could put a timer on it once the player has control over them.

Yeah, I like the idea of AI following the player, and I did make the AI functions that set the sides for the AI alterable so that that kind of eventuality could be included. I think however, AI-following-player would even be outside of a Beta release. I would say probably Release Candidate 1 or 2 at least? :)

hqdefault.jpg

cxIcsR3.jpg

pmp6IEm.png

Mission markers working, working on JIP now.. ;)

The mission handler took a while to get off the ground (bloody array limitations.. grr.. :angry:), but it's now spitting out missions, and looking sexy. Watch those bugs and features meet their maker today! :ph34r:

Thank you again Zamboni, this time i am gonna give it a little more thought before i post any new mission ideas.

Although i had one that i forgot yesterday or i just don't see it in my post.

Hero HQ is asking for a fellow hero to pickup there Officer they completely forgot to pick him up. :D

Officer Bravo is waiting for a pickup and be set of near Hero HQ, a high humanity and Gold reward for this.

This mission is just pickup an single AI and bring him far away at least 5KM or more, this can be done with either Car or Heli.

To make it interesting you could keep the Officer AI marked on the map even while moving so bandits can hunt them down.

Hope you like it B)

Thank you again Zamboni, this time i am gonna give it a little more thought before i post any new mission ideas.

Although i had one that i forgot yesterday or i just don't see it in my post.

Hero HQ is asking for a fellow hero to pickup there Officer they completely forgot to pick him up. :D

Officer Bravo is waiting for a pickup and be set of near Hero HQ, a high humanity and Gold reward for this.

This mission is just pickup an single AI and bring him far away at least 5KM or more, this can be done with either Car or Heli.

To make it interesting you could keep the Officer AI marked on the map even while moving so bandits can hunt them down.

Hope you like it B)

Sounds great :) Your ideas had plenty of thought in them -- don't be so quick to discount them! I just meant that I needed more info, that's all :)

boyd, if you want to take up an official capacity on the project as a co-ordinator for feature requests, that'd be swell :rolleyes:

Anyone else who wants to be official members of the project just speak up, and I'll find something you can help with :D

boyd, if you want to take up an official capacity on the project as a co-ordinator for feature requests, that'd be swell :rolleyes:

Anyone else who wants to be official members of the project just speak up, and I'll find something you can help with :D

Interesting what would i need to do?

Interesting what would i need to do?

Just add the feature requests and bugs to the GitHub page :) Pretty simple gig -- minor changes like changes to the logic of the mission system go into Alpha, new missions and similar go into Beta, and then anything more complex goes into Release Candidate :D

No. It's version 112555. It's available on DayzCommander. AWOL just posted this: 

We all need to be on 116523+ for steamworks support everyone will need to switch sooner or later. It is uncertain how much longer Gamespy will stay up. DotJosh has already told me that he will add steamworks lobby support and even has backup server lists.

The newer builds add extra error reporting that did not exist before. For now I would suggest updating to 112555 so that you can find any issues with custom code. 1.0.5 has been tested with 116523+ so any issues with dayz epoch base code should be fixed by the time we release here soon.

Just add the feature requests and bugs to the GitHub page :) Pretty simple gig -- minor changes like changes to the logic of the mission system go into Alpha, new missions and similar go into Beta, and then anything more complex goes into Release Candidate :D

Sounds good, how would i join this?

I have not taken the time to look through the code, but are you planning to give an option to spawn some of the AI with rockets to prevent people from using armored vehicles to just run them all down?

Sometime soon I hope to set this up on my test server and play around with it.

I have not taken the time to look through the code, but are you planning to give an option to spawn some of the AI with rockets to prevent people from using armored vehicles to just run them all down?

Sometime soon I hope to set this up on my test server and play around with it.

Yes, I had thought of doing such a thing, however, I am one of those people who sides with a kind of DayZ orthodoxy -- a lot of extra mods onto the game logic are a bit OTT. A mission system is a nice little additional thing, and I think is necessary to prevent from boredom, but adding vehicles like tanks or armour, and weapons like rocket launchers for players detracts from the experience of DayZ as a survival sim. I don't think it's too bad an idea having AI with the weapons, provided they fire them, and if they get killed, they are deleted -- that's fine. However, I think adding AI that can yield overpowered weaponry drops can be problematic.

I wrote ZFM purely from the perspective that I would do things and commit things that are true to DayZ, so that they would fit with the game world, but it's modular. If you wanted to add a tank driver, you could just extend what I've created, add a new array to equip them, and then spawn them using ZFM_CreateUnit (i.e. ZFM_UNIT_TYPE_SUICIDEBOMBER).

Mugzy -- get familiar with the code. I'd love to have a coder on board :D

Yea, I would defiantly not want rocket launchers to hang around for players to pick up, it is easy enough to remove them on death.

When I say armored, I am not talking about a tank.  If AI units do not have rocket launchers, they will not even engage a medical vodnik.

AI armed with lapua's and M107's will engage certain armored vehicles like vodniks and BRDM's. Not sure about the more heavily-armored vehicles. Equipped with an M107, an AI will absolutely wreck a vodnik, if given the chance.

DZMS has AI with launchers to combat armored vehicles. They disappear when the AI unit is killed and they only have 2 shots.

Yup, I will add as an alpha feature a new class with rocket launchers. So long as they're excluded from BattlEye configs, it'll be fine.

Yea, I would defiantly not want rocket launchers to hang around for players to pick up, it is easy enough to remove them on death.

When I say armored, I am not talking about a tank.  If AI units do not have rocket launchers, they will not even engage a medical vodnik.

Ah, I see. I have seen people suggest before now that tanks and other things be included. I mean, I can't prevent them from being added to forks of ZFM; if someone wants tanks, they can modify it to have them, and credit me for my work on ZFM. I just thought you were referring to something like that.

As I mentioned above, I will add a rocketeer class so that they can destroy any vanilla armoured vehicles. Makes sense, otherwise someone can just run over AI with impunity.

AI armed with lapua's and M107's will engage certain armored vehicles like vodniks and BRDM's. Not sure about the more heavily-armored vehicles. Equipped with an M107, an AI will absolutely wreck a vodnik, if given the chance.

Good to know :-D

Now I have a question to ask you all. One concept I do want to get into the alpha is the idea of a loot-sharing method. At present in devel, I am adding in player -> AI kills in the mission stack, so that, if there are N AI, ZFM can tell how many were killed by which person. The reason why I added this was for the loot sharing, so that I can have an equal amount of loot shared out among those people, possibly in vehicles the player can tow or something similar. The question of this is, how do you think that mechanism should work? I did want to make it so that the loot wasn't just given to the player and everything done for them, and I did want to make sure that the loot was proportional to the number of players participating.

Any ideas would be handy. :lol: