[WIP] ZFM-FairMission System-Dynamic,Modular & Balanced (Alpha release 90% complete, Test builds frequently available) - Actively developed

New commit including some humorous kill messages for your bandit friends..

https://github.com/zambino/fairserver/commit/5cd33a48af2a4357586164e9112a5a15c1c3abe7

a1ZI9ef.jpg

I like the death phrases. If anyone can think of any more, commit them. I find it funny seeing these ;-)

ullZJpg.png

YPcR3zx.png

Improved base generation isn't needed. I'm very impressed by how cool these bases look for HARD and WAR_MACHINE.

I've added your latest github release to my test server and I am seeing this in my rpt log:

19:07:58 Error in expression < Exiting.");_doExit = true;
};

if(!isNil(DZAI_isActive)) then
{
diag_log(_o>
19:07:58   Error position: <isNil(DZAI_isActive)) then
{
diag_log(_o>
19:07:58   Error isnil: Type Bool, expected String,code
19:07:58 File z\addons\dayz_server\ZFM\ZFM_Mission_Functions.sqf, line 243

This is line 243 and everything around it:

/*
* Check for DZ AI
*/
if(!isNil(DZAI_isActive)) then // <--- This is line 243
{
diag_log(_outputMessage + "CheckExistingAI - DZ AI discovered. This will interfere with ZFM, and must be disabled before ZFM can run. Exiting.");
_doExit = true; 
};

_doExit
};

I see DZAI isn't compatible. Will it be at some point? I can't get rid of DZAI. I will disable it on the test server, just to test out the missions.

*edit* I have it running on my server and a mission started before I joined, but there's no marker. I guess markers for JIP aren't working yet?

Hey BetterDeadThanZed,

Thanks for the bug report -- I will fix that now. The reason I did this is I was going to replace everything -- AI included. Until that point, you're right though. I will disable this until ZAI is released. To fix this :

ZFM_Mission_Functions.sqf (Line 180)

// Check to see if any AI is already set. 
	_checkAI = [] call ZFM_CheckExistingAI;

Change to: 

// Check to see if any AI is already set. 
	//_checkAI = [] call ZFM_CheckExistingAI;

ZFM_Mission_Functions.sqf (Line 186)

Change:
if(!_checkAI) exitWith { diag_log(_outputMessage + "CheckExistingAI - No other AI is installed. Proceeding with initialization steps for ZFM") };

To:
//if(!_checkAI) exitWith { diag_log(_outputMessage + "CheckExistingAI - No other AI is installed. Proceeding with initialization steps for ZFM") };

Raised an issue for this here:

https://github.com/zambino/fairserver/issues/5

:-)

No problem.

Yeah -- at the moment, the thing which dictates when the missions will start is going to be a scheduler of sorts. At present, however, it's still not complete. As a result, as soon as ZFM_Initialize runs, the mission-spawn process will begin. However, with the first release (0.5.0-RC1) I will be fixing it so that the server owner can choose when events spawn (i.e. Min/Max number of players).

At present it is a debug release (thanks for the debugging!) so some features are not present. Committed a new revision to include the bugfix detailed above :-)

No problem.

Yeah -- at the moment, the thing which dictates when the missions will start is going to be a scheduler of sorts. At present, however, it's still not complete. As a result, as soon as ZFM_Initialize runs, the mission-spawn process will begin. However, with the first release (0.5.0-RC1) I will be fixing it so that the server owner can choose when events spawn (i.e. Min/Max number of players).

At present it is a debug release (thanks for the debugging!) so some features are not present. Committed a new revision to include the bugfix detailed above :-)

Ok, but will it eventually have the ability to show the marker to players that join after the mission starts? All the current mission systems have this.

Three more observations from my test server:

1. I just killed a bunch of AI and all they had were their weapons, magazines and backpacks. There was no other gear.

2. The box at the mission had 6 sniper rifles and nothing else. Should other items be in this box?

3. I killed all of the AI at the crash, but the mission marker remained. No notice that the mission was completed.

If this is the right place to post questions/bugs, then I will continue to reply here, unless you want me to put things like this on your github, but I'm not sure if things I find are an issue or just something that hasn't been implemented yet.

BetterDeadThanZed

The first one I'm unsure of -- what do you think they should have besides their weapons? Their inventory is editable so they can easily be changed, but I'm not exactly sure what to put in their backpacks, etc. I can use the randomised loot stuff, or add other things? Unsure.

The second one I'm already aware of. The probability-based loot can be problematic as sometimes you get a box with everything, and other times, just a single pistol and a multitool. It's something I am fixing, but again, any sample loot sets you think should spawn would be greatly appreciated. There's an issue raised for this issue here: https://github.com/zambino/fairserver/issues/2

The third one I'm working on right now. Text will appear when each bandit is dead (or not if configured not to) and then once all N bandits are dead, the marker will disappear. :-)

I'm happy to make the bugs on GitHub if bugs are posted here, or if you want to post on GitHub, just post away -- if it's not added yet, I will keep them and close when the feature is added :-)

Any other feedback, just let me know! :wub:

In the ZFM_Mission_Config, I saw this:

ZFS_Equipment_Sniper_EASY = [
"Bandit1_DZ",  // Skin (STRING)
["SVD_CAMO"], // Snipers from FixedLoot. (Random pick)
2, // Boundary for the maximum number of magazines
["DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1","DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1","DZ_British_ACU"], // Backpacks from FixedLoot (Random pick)
["ItemBandage","ItemBandage", "ItemPainkiller","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"] // Any medical supplies they should require.
 ];

To me that implies that they should have bandages, painkillers, etc but on the AI I killed, there were only weapons, ammo and backpacks. 

Also, I only found 1 loot container, although this setting has it set for 2:  ZFM_MINIMUM_LOOT_CONTAINERS_PER_MISSION = 2; 

Lastly, the mission I went on had objects glitching into each other.

b7cm.png
4a8x.png
asj6.png

Worked pretty nice by itself.  With WAI + ZFM I get:

18:31:27 Error in expression <ssage = ZFM_Name + ZFM_Version;

if(!isNil(WAIconfigloaded)) then
{
diag_log(>
18:31:27   Error position: <isNil(WAIconfigloaded)) then
{
diag_log(>
18:31:27   Error isnil: Type Bool, expected String,code
18:31:27 File z\addons\dayz_server\ZFM\ZFM_Mission_Functions.sqf, line 225

I just started playing with this last night so I need to check the github and this file to see what's up.   I'll run it without WAI next restart.... I get bad lag with WAI AI with 40+ players so I'm looking for an alternative or going HC.

So far I like it... I remove the message when you kill and AI and changed it so they don't have 5+config mags each.  

Hi justchil,

Thanks for giving it a go. At the moment, I removed the restriction for people to use WAI/DZAI, but it isn't recommended for a non-test server as at the moment the functionality is not complete and requiring bugfixes/final additions to the code.

At the moment, DZAI and WAI have overlaps with ZFM and cause some problems due to the classes created that come with ZFM (commando, etc). On its own, it will work fine because at present, it's only designed for use on its own. The difficulties make the missions challenging enough even without super-sexy AI. On its own, it runs fast -- with WAI/DZAI it will run slowly because there will be things working off the same resources. If I get the chance to develop an interim release that runs fast with DZAI and WAI, I will happily do so

After the bugs and final features are released, I'm going to be cleaning up and optimising the code so it runs much quicker than it does now :) But, I must stress, this is not complete and not recommended on live servers that are non-testing. :ph34r:

Just noticed that even though I lowered the sleep lol.  

Something that would be very useful that DZMS has:

// Blacklist Zone Array -- missions will not spawn in these areas
// format: [[x,y,z],radius]
// Ex: [[06325,07807,0],300] //Starry Sobor
DZMSBlacklistZones = [
    [[0,0,0],50]
];

Or another method of keeping missions around SZ's.

Added a feature request for the blacklist zones (https://github.com/zambino/fairserver/issues/9) & safe zones :)

In the next commit, the mission management system will hopefully be done so that max missions per type and max missions overall are supported.

Also, need to ask a favour -- to fix the overlap issue, I'm going to use a matrix-like approach for the positions of each thing, and rather than using just random big bits, I'd like to use pre-defined layouts around a crash for certain layouts. However, I'm not going to be on for a little while. If any of you know how to make layouts in the mission editor and can design realistic-looking bases for bandits, then it'd be helpful for me to look at them. It'd work like this..

// Crash location
_crashLoc = [x,y,z];

// Number of accoutrements
_missionAreasize = 6; // Based on difficulty, 6x6 square

// Base layout array = _missionAreasize * _missionAreasize. 
_mission_layout=[
 ["ai",any,any,"thismodel",any,any],
 [any,any,any,"thismodel",any,any],
 [any,any,any,"thismodel",any,"thecrash"],
];
// Creates models in a straight line in front of the crash..