Epoch release?

MudRacing

Well I think they need to try to get it released before h1z1 corners the sandbox openworld market.

lol. We're neither swayed nor threatened by any other titles.  It has nothing to do with what we intend for this mod.

We're getting much closer to a sound and testable product on a larger scale though, just stay tuned guys.

Well I think they need to try to get it released before h1z1 corners the sandbox openworld market.

What for?

Epoch Arma 3, is nothing like H1Z1, which is a zombie survival game.

Arma 3 Epoch is not a zombie survival game....

There are no zombies in Arma 3 Epoch.

there are zombies so far i can see in the trailer

There are no zombies in A3 Epoch. There are apparently 10 different Antagonists, the only one we have seen is a Monk/Demon in a robe. 10 could mean 10 completely different creatures, or 10 different kinds of monks. Until they release more info, we will not know.

(The Monk/Demon/Priest is not a Zombie though.)

Plenty of scope for community mods to put them in then :D  .

This is disheartening at best.  Anything from DayZ, Arma 2:DayZ can NOT be used in Arma 3.  Period.  Thats why Zoombies and other similar projects using DayZ content were shut down with a quickness.

Unless of course you're referring to some user created zombies.

This is disheartening at best.  Anything from DayZ, Arma 2:DayZ can NOT be used in Arma 3.  Period.  Thats why Zoombies and other similar projects using DayZ content were shut down with a quickness.

Not that I am worried as zombies in A2 Epoch are really only there to get a tin of muffins and a Pepsi, but does the risk of people not willing to let go of the zeds effect this development once it is released. meaning will it only be the spin off custom builds that will get pinged if they port the A2 zombie models into A3 Epoch?  Wont that keep your development safe as you will not be in breach of the terms.

P.S. again please know I like the idea of not dealing with spazed out floppy heads in favor for a more interesting and challenging enemy

Whilst the comment was intended to be very 'tounge in cheek', although I think the reality is that someone is bound to try to do this.

I think it should be highlighted very clearly "Warning: There are no zombies, they all rand screaming when they a new evil moved in to the neigbourhood and brought some friends." or some such as I would imagine the expectation will be that it will be an update of ARMA II Epoch with better graphics and all the good stuff we have come to love but improved.  That was my presumption before I read some posts here and as we all know, the player cycle is likely to be watch video => ignore just about anything written about it -> download -> no zombies -> moan.  People like what they are familiar with.  Maybe seperate it wil a different name ..... how about 3Poch ;)  :) .

Having said that, there will also be a dedicated fan base who will be aware of what A3 Epoch is and will embrace it with open arms (myself now among them).  If having to develop a whole new set of zombies (models, textures, animations, sounds etc) would have been required then that would have been a massive undertaking, possibly with less than impressive results (I wont mention another A3 zombie mod as we all know how their shambling lumps of sillyness are not quite what people would expect from zombies).  It would also, enermy wise at least, have little to make it stand out from the crowd.  New 'bad things' could really make Epoch special but runs the risk of alienating the "we love killing zombies" crowd.

Personally I would like to see the 28 Days Later Infected in a game.  Fast, straight line runners who hide until made aware and then come screeming in volume. The problem should not be shooting them, it should be running out of bullets as they just keep on coming (within reason of course).

Anyway, give us some more teasers please, let us get a glimpse of how epic A3 Epoch is shaping up to be and maybe get some "no zombies" advertising out there to manage expectations.

Personally I would like to see the 28 Days Later Infected in a game.

I preferred Romero's original vision on the undead.  There were a handful of games that were heavily influenced by his classy approach, like RE1-3...and they did it well.

I think that although the zombies provided a third party to help fill in the gaps in previous Arma mods and now a commercial title, we can all agree that they leave a lot to be desired.

People must understand what they like about the "zombies".  It was an easy archetype to use and could be carried out in a relatively easy way.  Always there to fill the void and give players something to shoot at.

I imagine some players think "well ok...no zombies? well I have to run for 2 hours to find something to fight with?!"  It's almost as if they're instantly under the impression that they won't have something to deal with in between, and this is most certainly NOT the case.  I could spend all day bantering about what we're doing, but I'd rather spend the time making it happen, developing it and then showing it.

Not personally worried about third party stuff at this time, because let's be honest....Self Blood bag....instant bike...script kill iron domes......safe zones.  Alllrighty then.

I preferred Romero's original vision on the undead.  There were a handful of games that were heavily influenced by his classy approach, like RE1-3...and they did it well.

I think that although the zombies provided a third party to help fill in the gaps in previous Arma mods and now a commercial title, we can all agree that they leave a lot to be desired.

People must understand what they like about the "zombies".  It was an easy archetype to use and could be carried out in a relatively easy way.  Always there to fill the void and give players something to shoot at.

I imagine some players think "well ok...no zombies? well I have to run for 2 hours to find something to fight with?!"  It's almost as if they're instantly under the impression that they won't have something to deal with in between, and this is most certainly NOT the case.  I could spend all day bantering about what we're doing, but I'd rather spend the time making it happen, developing it and then showing it.

Not personally worried about third party stuff at this time, because let's be honest....Self Blood bag....instant bike...script kill iron domes......safe zones.  Alllrighty then.

<3 pocket bike

D:

What for?

Epoch Arma 3, is nothing like H1Z1, which is a zombie survival game.

Arma 3 Epoch is not a zombie survival game....

There are no zombies in Arma 3 Epoch.

I know there isn't zombies in A3 Epoch, but my point is that the overwhelming number of Epoch players discovered it through a zombie game called DayZ. So it is fair to say that the majority of Epoch players have an interest in zombie games and if the free to play H1Z1 is really good, it may prove difficult to get the majority to invest in A3.

There may be a decent number that stray away, but they're still going to have a good number of people playing, I'm sure.  That Make Arma Not War contest alone will probably pull in a good amount of new players.  Not to mention many people have moved over to other Arma 3 mods(Altis Life, Breaking Point) simply because they were tired of Arma 2, and many of those people will probably be excited about the new Epoch.