A3 Epoch Testers

Dobrowney

Hello there!

I would very much like to participate in the alpha test.

I'm very experienced with Arma 3. Started the whole trip with Operation Flashpoint back in the days, with everything released after that.
Played DayZ variants of all kinds including Epoch in Arma 2.

My skills could come in handy:

• C++ Programmer, mostly hobby stuff, games, apps etc (missing that coding partner tho :P )
  • Alpha testing the mod Breaking Point, along with countless of other games, mods etc.
  • Familiar with Arma engine quirks and some scripting.
  • Network experience (Hardware, Software like Wireshark)
  • Actually know how to submit a bugreport :P
  • Worked under NDA:s previously, can supply reference.
  • Able to stream the mod alot on Twitch when NDA lifts.

So if you would happen to need a tester with these skills, and a lot more, I would be very happy to take active part of it.
I'm working shift, so I get long periods free time (till I pass out), and less, (7-10h) on workdays that I can dedicate a large amount of time for tracking down those pesky bugs.

Anything else, just drop me a PM!

I will give my 2 cents.

My advice, the key is to be patient. Support the dev team. Watch their social media and follow them, hit up their streams, retweet their live links.... You'll never know what will come your way.. Interact with them. Converse with them. Instead of asking for keys, ask questions about the mod bounce ideas around or ask them something about themselves. Dialogue of the simplest nature can lead to great things.

Well, so after thinking a lot to this, i think i'm a potential good tester for you guys

I work in an IT service for 3 years

My skills :

- I'm working on : PHP / MySQL / HTML / jQuery / etc...

- By my company again : I'm used to use bugtracker like MantisBT / FlySpray / ...

- I'm used to SQF syntax, i was co admin of a couple of Arma 2 Epoch servers

- I'm good at testing things, to each ways, and find littles annoying bugs ^^ (At work, we're co testing our code between dev's ) I've participate to several game testing sessions (TESO / SimCity 5 / DayZ Standalone / EvE Online / etc...)

- I've a very good logic, and i'm good at problem solving / troubleshooting / etc...

Hope this can help. PM for more info !

May as well join the club and hop on the bandwagon that is this thread. Always nice to see a mod and dev team expand and grow into something like this. Think I speak for the rest of the guys of whom developed zoombies, that Epoch was definitely something we all enjoyed cruising around in at one point or another and it definitely was something we constantly kept a close eye on as it developed.

Bloody good work boys.

I would like to become an A3 Epoch Tester. If there are any additional roles needed as a developer, would very much be interested in getting involved to help. A bit about my background:

• Studied Computer Science at University (graduated 4 years ago)
  • Have been working as a web applications software engineer professionally for the past 4 years on different tech stacks (PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, HTML, CSS etc..)
  • In my last role I was also a graphic designer (very comfortable working with Photoshop, Illustrator).
  • Have written mods for DayZ and DayZ Epoch, my last one being MF-Tow (see my GitHub account for more examples of work).

Hello Devs,

After getting my steam account whitelisted and epoch installed I'm able to join the server lobby. As soon as I join to load into the environment I get kicked. 

I was hoping if you can check to see if I'm whitelisted under 'esham'. I did go through the proccess but I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting kicked.

Thanks!

Edit: Still getting kicked after files load. :(

Restriction #0

Restriction #0

Has anyone figured out how to get around those bloody public var kicks? files are synced, steam acc is whitelisted... none of the servers actually require any password. Quite a bit lost here.

Hello Devs,

After getting my steam account whitelisted and epoch installed I'm able to join the server lobby. As soon as I join to load into the environment I get kicked. 

I was hoping if you can check to see if I'm whitelisted under 'esham'. I did go through the proccess but I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting kicked.

Thanks!

Restriction #0

Same problem here. :mellow:

Try using Internet Explorer when whitelisting. Once you log in to steam it might kick you back to website, just try again until you get to gender selection. Once you complete that form it will work.