A3 Epoch Testers

Dobrowney

I must honestly say that I belive most of the members registered here would like to test Arma 3 Epoch as early as possible :P

That said, I Am, By far. the most qualified of all here! The other people are just minions, and I am blahdibah. 

Nah. It would be nice to test it, helping out with squasing bugs, mainly because  less bugs will make an easier transition when we can launch our first Arma 3 Epoch server of our own someday in the, hopefully not to far away, future. 

I must honestly say that I belive most of the members registered here would like to test Arma 3 Epoch as early as possible :P

Exactly, I believe the majority of people would love to be involved in any testing for Arma 3 Epoch. The reality is, the majority won't be required. Thats okay by me! It sounds like there group of testers are well rounded and experienced, mature and ready to "test play/explore" more then just explore and play as individuals if you get what I mean. 

I'm more excited about the fact that testing is even at this point and cannot wait to see the youtube/streaming side of things when they start appearing.

Can't believe I'm doing this.  I work for an international software company as a developer in the QA department.  I write software to preform unit, regression, sanity, whatever testing for APIs, WebServices, and Wrappers.  I work in Windows, Linux, Solaris, and HPUX.

Have extensive experience leading teams building solutions for testing.  I have the experience to write up a test plan as well as creating test cases that make sense vs a QA guy/gal who has no coding experience.  I know how to work with issue trackers and won't submit issues without a full replication report including expected and actual results (duh).

Been doing QA for 3 years now and while it is NOT my passion I know how to get the job done in an efficient manner. If there's a bug I'm going to document it.

Honestly I'd rather just get access to the alpha/beta to play it but if you need someone with QA experience on the team to create a solid test plan for all these new volunteers, then I'm your guy.

Software Experience:

* C#

* C/C++

* Java

* PERL

* PHP

* Python

* Ruby

* T-SQL

Version Control Experience:

* SVN

* GIT

* Windows Source Safe

* TFS

Tracking Experience:

* TestTrack

* Mantis

* Bugzilla

* Gemini

* OnTime

* Redmine

I wish to throw my name in the hat for a chance to beta test also. I have extensive experience in finding new bugs on a daily basis in Dayz Standalone. Oh, wait so do the other 2 million people that play it...well anyway..I would help if needed

Can't believe I'm doing this.

Impressive, pm Axle.

I wish to throw my name in the hat for a chance to beta test also. I have extensive experience in finding new bugs on a daily basis in Dayz Standalone. Oh, wait so do the other 2 million people that play it...well anyway..I would help if needed

Lol, +1 for jokes.

I don't think I'm required for the testing but I was involved in finding a plenty of Dupes and Glitches throughout the existence of Arma 2 Epoch and Dayz in general. You might find my skills useful in that regard :D Also I am from Russia hence I could help you with the proper translation of the mod in future :) I'm always here if you need my help

• 2 weeks later...

Having run a QA team for a while, I really do not want to be doing testing :D .  I will stick to mod writing for now but may jump in on any open beta.

Maybe you could outline what would be expected from a tester and an overview of the QA process.

Most do not realise the workflow involved in testing and it would be an interesting to some to understand the SDLC and methods you will be employing.

Without that info, this is just likely to grow in to an ever bigger me-too thread.

Having run a QA team for a while, I really do not want to be doing testing :D .  I will stick to mod writing for now but may jump in on any open beta.

Maybe you could outline what would be expected from a tester and an overview of the QA process.

Most do not realise the workflow involved in testing and it would be an interesting to some to understand the SDLC and methods you will be employing.

Without that info, this is just likely to grow in to an ever bigger me-too thread.

I feel that if you put a complete job description together and required references from previous employers you will still get the posts "Me 2 plz, I want to play, pew pew"

It just goes to show the massive interest and community support that this Epoch Development Team has.

No worries at all if it's all full up, but if there are any keys around at any point, I'd be happy to test.

I wouldn't just play of course, I get that the purpose of this would be to test gameplay as much as possible and to give detailed feedback and info on any bugs found etc..

I've been playing DayZ for a few years now and have gone from DayZ.st style hosting, to Vilayer - to setting up on a windows box, know my way around the files a bit although I'd imagine the alpha would be more like reporting back on any glitches etc.

Player around on a fair few other mods too so could give a balanced feedback I think.

Oh! and I work for a digital & social media marketing company (can't say who publicly), so could perhaps help get the word out too when the time comes ;) (Although you guys do great anyway! You've got a great community!).

Whether there's a testing license key up for grabs still or not, I can't wait to see what you guys have been up to!

Hello Epoch Devs! First of all, a really nice job on Epoch Mod for Arma 2. I have been playing it since mid last year. Now I know that I am posting this very late but I would love to get a key for Epoch Arma 3 some testing. I have my own YouTube channel and I recently started recording some Arma 2 Epoch as well. You can check here - https://www.youtube.com/user/arihant2590

Keep doing. Looking forward to this. :)

-Black

well, i think its time for my statement xD ... i dont really want to test this ... like yoda once told me - patience you must! - I'll be waiting for the game ^^, as a lot of other people should. They did a great job with Arma2 Mod. They will do a great Job with Arma 3. And most of you guys dont want to test it you just want to play it, record it, stream it probably even leak something or whatever... so just relax and let them do their thing, it will work out, youll see :)